"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

LOL! Last year, we took all of our candy home (we didn't have 50 lbs., but we still had a lot) and ate it little by little and put some out (the ones we didn't like :) ) for Halloween. We went to the first party last year and just missed TSA starting to swab every, single piece of candy in carry-on bags. This year we plan to get less candy and not bring any home.
Trick or treat is going to be a big deal for my son at the two Parties that we will attend’ October 25 & 28. We are staying at BLT for 5 nites and will use the 2 checked bags to bring food for our stay. Those bags will be empty on the way back home, except for whatever candy we are able to collect. I can imagine the expression on the TSA agent’s face when he opens our bags.

If anyone happens to see an ingredients list for the any of new Halloween treats - please post!! Thank you!!

We just decided to do a long weekend for Labor Day and do the 9/3 party and the waterparks. I got DH to take a day off work specifically for the party :goodvibes

Right now we have 7 day PHs with FPs booked for a trip Sept 17th to 23rd. Will trying to do FPs with my party ticket mess that up?

We just decided to do a long weekend for Labor Day and do the 9/3 party and the waterparks. I got DH to take a day off work specifically for the party :goodvibes

I'll be there too! :)

I didn't realize you could do fp's with a party ticket? If so, I need to do that since I plan to arrive around 4pm. I'll be spending the first part of the day at the Food and Wine Festival!

Wow it’s hard to believe that someone wouldn’t like Ghost Galaxy unless they were scared of it. For me it’s the very best Space Mountain followed by Hyper Space Mountain. I just went on Space Mountain classic version while at DL this weekend and honestly it was just plain for me. One of my other favorite Space Mountains of all time was the Red Hot Chili Peppers one.
Not scared. I like the DLR SM over WDW, but ride both. When was the Red Hot Chili Peppers one? I'm sorry I missed it...

Where do you get your Halloween party band and when do they start passing them out, we have at dinner 4:05 and would like to get our bands before if possible so we can go straight to Seven Dwarfs line

What are Malteasers? Are those like Whoppers?

Do you still get the "starter bag" of candy when you go through the bypass? Last year there was some kind of dried fruit/nut/dark chocolate snack bar that was awesome. It looked too much like a health food to my kids so i got all of them.

They are just like whoppers and they come in the starter bag along with a full size bag of caramel m&ms and some other treats!

LOL! Last year, we took all of our candy home (we didn't have 50 lbs., but we still had a lot) and ate it little by little and put some out (the ones we didn't like :) ) for Halloween. We went to the first party last year and just missed TSA starting to swab every, single piece of candy in carry-on bags. This year we plan to get less candy and not bring any home.
Hmmm - well good thing I have to get to the airport early. I wanna see them swipe every piece of candy - how ridiculous!

I searched and found this question asked in the past, but no responses. Planning to do our first MNSSHP this year, just my son (almost 4) and I. We did MVMCP last year for his 3rd birthday and he had a great time.

Trying to decide between 10/28 and 10/30. 10/28 is our arrival day, but we land before lunch so plenty of time to nap before the party. 10/30 we would do another park in the morning, nap, then party. Which do you anticipate being more crowded? We're already doing 2 other MK days, so this would be about characters, parade and dance parties for us.

Thanks!

Trying to decide between 10/28 and 10/30. 10/28 is our arrival day, but we land before lunch so plenty of time to nap before the party.

Not sure of your accommodations or if you need a room to nap (vs a stroller nap) but if on Disney property there's a chance your room might not be ready until 3pm, 4pm with DVC (or later).

Granted all kids are different, but when my kids were younger, we wanted full naps for them on party days. I tended to steer away from arrival day parties for that reason and just overall tiredness from travel.

I searched and found this question asked in the past, but no responses. Planning to do our first MNSSHP this year, just my son (almost 4) and I. We did MVMCP last year for his 3rd birthday and he had a great time.

Trying to decide between 10/28 and 10/30. 10/28 is our arrival day, but we land before lunch so plenty of time to nap before the party. 10/30 we would do another park in the morning, nap, then party. Which do you anticipate being more crowded? We're already doing 2 other MK days, so this would be about characters, parade and dance parties for us.

Thanks!
In the Touring plans video posted a few pages ago, they predicted the 30th to be less crowded because most people will wait to go on the 31st for the party. They had the 28th as one of the busier ones

Now that I'm home and can use a real computer rather than just my phone, here is updated information about my experience trick or treating during the first MNSSHP.

TRICK OR TREAT LOCATIONS

1) Main Street USA near Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
I missed this one. I arrived about 6:30; people who arrived later were directed here by a cast member and got a “starter” packet containing several pieces of candy.

2) Next to the Jungle Cruise
Outside

3) Next to Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland
Outside but covered if I recall correctly

4) Country Bears Jamboree in Frontierland
Inside

5) Next to Splash Mountain in Frontierland
I missed this one (didn't want to cross over as parade was about to start)

6) Next to where you get the raft for Tom Sawyer Island in Frontierland
I missed this one (didn't want to cross over as parade was about to start). I hear they had Gogo squeeze pouches.

7) Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square
Inside, but you go in through a side entrance. It is wet there before the fireworks; go later or skip it if you want to stay dry.

8) Mickey’s Philharmagic in Fantasyland
Inside. You get candy at two places.

9) Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland
Inside

10) Near Under the Sea in Fantasyland
I missed this one

11) Near the Barnstormer in Fantasyland
I missed this one

12) Near Tomorrowland Speedway in Tomorrowland
I missed this one

13) Near Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland
Outside

14) Monster’s Inc. in Tomorrowland
Inside. I got candy at two places the first time I went, at three places the second time I went.

FINDING THE CANDY

Note that some trick-or-treat locations are marked by a large orange inflatable thing. But some guests wear orange shirts, so you might think you see one in the distance when it’s only a guest. Some are only marked by cast members holding up paddles.

CARRYING THE CANDY

Bring your own tote bag or reusable grocery bag. I hit 9 of the 14 locations (plus went back to one) and it would have been more candy than could fit in the tiny bag they give out – and I missed two of the locations where you receive large items.

Hefty makes 2.5 gallon jumbo sliding bags (ziploc bags but "ziploc" is a competitor's brand). I suggest buying a box at your local grocery store. Take one bag and put it inside your tote bag or reusable grocery bag, to keep the candy dry in case you get wet. I went on Pirates and got wet.

TYPES OF CHOCOLATE CANDY
Dove Milk Chocolate: 7
Malteasers: 2
M&M Plain: 7
M&M Caramel: 3
M&M Peanut Butter: 1
Milky Way Minis: 3
Snickers fun size: 2
Snickers Mini: 6
Snickers Crisper: 6
Three Musketeers Fun Size: 4
Twix Minis: 3

TYPES OF NON-CHOCOLATE TREATS
Gogo Squeeze Pouches - I did not get these, but other people did
Lifesavers Gummies: 7
Lifesavers Big Ring Gummies: 2
Skittles Originals: 11
Skittles Sour: 3
Skittles Wild Berry: 3
Starburst FaveReds: 9
Starburst Original: 9

TRANSPORTING THE CANDY

Remember that car trunks get hot, and it’s a long ride to the airport from a Disney hotel. When your vacation is over, keep your candy in the car with you when you go to the airport; do not put it in a suitcase which will go in the trunk of the car. If you forget, the Dove bars will melt the most and will be hard to unwrap.

GETTING CANDY THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY

I started a thread on this on the transportation board, and haven't checked it yet. I had Pre-check, and we were not told to take food items out of our carry-on bags. I had no issues with the candy. However, I did not take all of it home. I gave most of it to a local friend. I only took home the chocolate candy - and not the Malteasers, or the M&Ms.

Last edited:
Wow it’s hard to believe that someone wouldn’t like Ghost Galaxy unless they were scared of it. For me it’s the very best Space Mountain followed by Hyper Space Mountain. I just went on Space Mountain classic version while at DL this weekend and honestly it was just plain for me. One of my other favorite Space Mountains of all time was the Red Hot Chili Peppers one.
They had a Red Hot Chili Peppers version?!

How crazy is this popcorn bucket thing? Lol.
If I want to get one when they start selling at 7 should I be lining up at the popcorn cart at 6:45?

How crazy is this popcorn bucket thing? Lol.
If I want to get one when they start selling at 7 should I be lining up at the popcorn cart at 6:45?

When I was waiting in a character line during the first parade, the rumor was that the Oogie Boogie popcorn buckets were already gone.

Did anyone try meeting the 7 dwarves near the end of the party? We were hoping to do that on 10/23.

Where do you get your Halloween party band and when do they start passing them out, we have at dinner 4:05 and would like to get our bands before if possible so we can go straight to Seven Dwarfs line

I'm also curious on this one. I know (from reading these great posts!) that there is a separate line for check-in that begins around 4pm (and I know that I have the ticket linked to my magic band), but is there some special ticket or band that I have to collect at check-in that visually differentiates for CMs the party members from the general admission folks?

Moana was our only must do. We waited a bit over an hour and finished with her before the party officially started.

Thank you so much for specifically mentioning Moana, as she's a favorite of mine. Can I ask what time you got in line for her and what time she actually came out? Many thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter