"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

The other problem that can or will occur is what about those who bought the dessert party and are not following this thread would not even know they could have kept what they originally bought. If I would have bought this dessert party at the beginning of time and then go to the party and not get what others had because they complained I would be ticked off. Many people are going to complain at each party and Disney needs to figure out how to handle it. I am staying far away my night I am there!!!
I think this topic has been put to an end.

Ok perfect thank you! We also got the hard plastic cards with the MNSSHP ticket on them. I was thinking just to use these to keep our magic band out of the equation but I wasn't sure how the FP would work then.
You can do that and actually it will ensure no problem with the ticket. As far as FP goes, you can book them on the party ticket but don't make any changes to your reservation and book the party FPs last per the discussion we have been having

Well, it looks like my husband and I will be going to TWO parties! I’m hoping our first party on October 2 is a little more subdued; we’ll be there right at 4 to get in line for Jack and Sally. For our party on October 12 we are doing the fireworks dessert party, so I feel like we’re going to cover doing the most important things for us.

Oh! And we’re still deciding on our costumes. I think I might just do simple Disneybounding for our first night since we might be standing in line for hours.

So those that have done the desert party for the hallowishes about how much time did it take out of touring the park?

Anyone hear of any special deserts and or popcorn buckets this year? Still waitnig to see what the MB will be this year.

They need to make the Spell Book discussed here: Post #2229 :-)

I think it was the first year they had the Hocus Pocus show someone posted that they had their photo taken with a "Hocus Pocus Spell Book" that was located in the Emporium. The next year we went to the Emporium and asked about the spell book and no one knew what we were talking about.
Does anyone know anything about a spell book????

So those that have done the desert party for the hallowishes about how much time did it take out of touring the park?

You can kind of adjust things a bit to take as much or as little time as you'd like.

Official check-in for the Plaza Garden Viewing version of the party is 1.5 hours prior to fireworks, so 8:45pm (these things sometimes let people in early). You don't HAVE to show up that early. Even with checking in, being seated, grabbing a few rounds of desserts, finishing up, bathroom break, head to the Plaza Garden to grab a spot for fireworks - 1.5 hours is a really long time (in my opinion).

Personally, when we've done the party in the past (both for a regular night and MNSSHP night), we check-in more like 30-440 mins prior to fireworks... grab a quick bite then head to the garden to relax for a few minutes before the show. You don't get your pick of spots, but to me that doesn't really matter. I book these things to save time, not create more demands on my time.

Other folks like to enjoy the max time the dessert party provides, which I get too.

Sorry, long post - but hope that helps!

I think it was the first year they had the Hocus Pocus show someone posted that they had their photo taken with a "Hocus Pocus Spell Book" that was located in the Emporium. The next year we went to the Emporium and asked about the spell book and no one knew what we were talking about.
Does anyone know anything about a spell book????

Yes. I am the historian. :laughing: The Spell Book was originally made by a CM's mother who worked at the Emporium. The proud CM showing off her mother's creation displayed it at the store. Soon fans caught wind and started having their photos taken with it and posting it on social media. I believe that was the only year it was available. :flower3:

Yes. I am the historian. :laughing: The Spell Book was originally made by a CM's mother who worked at the Emporium. The proud CM showing off her mother's creation displayed it at the store. Soon fans caught wind and started having their photos taken with it and posting it on social media. I believe that was the only year it was available. :flower3:

Thank you so much for your reply. I thought it was so cool and wish we could have seen the spell book.

From Gringrinngghost on WDWMagic

August 17th - September 28th, MNSSHP Entertainment Schedule:
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks: 10:15pm
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade: 9:15pm & 11:15pm
Cadaver Dans: 7pm, 7:45pm, 8:30pm, 9:50pm & 10:30pm
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball: 7pm-12am
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: 8:30pm, 10:45pm & 12am
Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam: 7pm-10pm
Frontierland Costume Promenade: 8:50pm, 10:50pm

Updated September 30th - October 31st MNSSHP Entertainment Schedule:
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks: 10:15pm
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade: 9:15pm & 11:15pm
Cadaver Dans: 7:15pm, 8:00pm, 8:50pm, 9:55pm & 10:50pm
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball: 7pm-12am
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: 7:40pm (Added Show), 8:35pm (Revised time from 8:30pm), 10:45pm & 12am
Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam: 7pm-10pm (Subject to change)
Frontierland Costume Promenade: 8:50pm, 10:50pm (Subject to change)

Well, it looks like my husband and I will be going to TWO parties! I’m hoping our first party on October 2 is a little more subdued; we’ll be there right at 4 to get in line for Jack and Sally. For our party on October 12 we are doing the fireworks dessert party, so I feel like we’re going to cover doing the most important things for us.

Oh! And we’re still deciding on our costumes. I think I might just do simple Disneybounding for our first night since we might be standing in line for hours.
We'll also be going that night and lining up for J&S.:thumbsup2

Here's a link! https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...gic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

And thanks for asking about this. By the date on that post I can tell that Disney didn't release news about the special food treats until a week before the first party (8/17/17 post date, first party was 8/25/17). So I can answer my own whiny question - "How much lonnnnnnnger until we know about food!?!?!?!" with "historically, should be next week!" :hyper:

Thank you!

SO cool!! But how on earth did they not make one of the tightrope girl? DD is so disappointed she got bumped for wallpaper

I'm 14 days away from FP and we will attend the party the last day of our trip. I was planning to book FP from 4 to 6. How does Disney know that they are linked to my MNSSHP tickets and not my last day regular ticket. I will be in MK the whole day so there will be 5 FP for 25th oct.

Last edited:
I'm 14 days away from FP and we will attend the party the last day of our trip. I was planning to book FP from 4 to 6. How does Disney know that they are linked to my MNSSHP tickets and not my last day regular ticket. I will be in MK the whole day so there will be 5 FP for 25th oct.
My understanding is that DME will not allow you to book any more than 3 FPs on any one day even if you have a regular park ticket plus a MNSSHP ticket for the same day.

Do they still have memory maker for one day?

Yes.

ONE DAY MEMORY MAKER

Disney’s Memory Maker One Day is currently available on the My Disney Experience mobile app and can only be activated with at least one (1) Disney PhotoPass® Service image linked to your My Disney Experience account (subject to change). To locate this one day feature, please open the app on your mobile device and scroll down to My Photos from which you’ll need to select Disney PhotoPass and follow the prompts for the Memory Maker One Dayproduct.

You need to have at least one photo in your PhotoPass account, that's how the system knows to select and limit you to that one specific day. On the MDE app, tap on the three bars at the top left of the screen. Select "PhotoPass" (NOT Memory Maker) and then choose a photo. The next screen will give you three options: 1. Unlimited downloads of Your Vacation Photos for $169.00, 2. Unlimited downloads of Your Photos for This Day for $69.00 and 3. Unlimited downloads of This Photo for $14.95. Choose the second option and make sure the date you want is the one that is listed.

Memory Maker One Day “entitlement window” begins at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time on the day to which you plan to apply the entitlement and ends at 5:59 a.m. Eastern Time on the following day.

This includes PhotoPass photos taken at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Character Experiences, either Disney PhotoPass Studio, iconic locations such as in front of Cinderella Castle, Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and all attraction and dining locations with PhotoPass capture and Magic Shots!

Link: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/#post-57930834"]Post #8 Magic Shots - Current Listings[/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter