"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Did they extended Pirates League hours for the parties? I have called and the latest time I can get is till 3:55 pm. My 10 year old would prefer not to wear a full on costume but would like to do the mermaid package. I can't lie kind of sad about this. I'm feeling whiney. I was like I could book the 355 and sprint over there. LOL

They definitely extended them...I have a 4:45 appt for my daughter on one of our MNSSHP days.

I think you should call and complain and you might get something too.

Why would Disney have to give them something? The parade situation was like 2 months ago. That would be like me calling a store and expecting them to honor a sale that ended two months ago. I really don’t understand this “complain and try to get something!!” mentality.

Why would Disney have to give them something? The parade situation was like 2 months ago. That would be like me calling a store and expecting them to honor a sale that ended two months ago. I really don’t understand this “complain and try to get something!!” mentality.

But this isn't a sale and it wasn't something that said act now or you lose it. It was a mistake that was written on the site. Just because you didn't book it at that point doesn't mean you didn't have the intention to book it at some point because of it. Many people don't go back and read the descripition again after they read it the first time. Bottom line it is unfair to anybody after announcing it. They are going to pay the exact same as everyone else and they are getting something special. If it would have stated to book early or act now to get parade viewing then I understand but it didn't they changed without saying a word to anyone and then after several complained then they threw a parade view together for those that booked. So to me it is unfair for them not to offer it to everyone and to me those of us who called and complained when we lost it had ever right in doing so but they people who book at the exact same price point have the right to do so also. Disney doesn't have to do anything for them but its worth a shot.

Interesting to see that many people feel entitled to demand/expect free fast passes and free tickets as well as refunds for various complaints/situations and yet in this situation where everyone is actually paying the same price for the same party and yet not receiving the same components no one is complaining!

I don't know where this is coming from, who here has the "I'm entitled" persona?

But this isn't a sale and it wasn't something that said act now or you lose it. It was a mistake that was written on the site. Just because you didn't book it at that point doesn't mean you didn't have the intention to book it at some point because of it. Many people don't go back and read the descripition again after they read it the first time. Bottom line it is unfair to anybody after announcing it. They are going to pay the exact same as everyone else and they are getting something special. If it would have stated to book early or act now to get parade viewing then I understand but it didn't they changed without saying a word to anyone and then after several complained then they threw a parade view together for those that booked. So to me it is unfair for them not to offer it to everyone and to me those of us who called and complained when we lost it had ever right in doing so but they people who book at the exact same price point have the right to do so also. Disney doesn't have to do anything for them but its worth a shot.
I can see both sides to this. On one side, I feel like they have to draw the line somewhere because technically they aren’t advertising right now that there is parade viewing. On the other hand, everyone is paying the same amount but only some are getting parade viewing. I’m not sure I fall on either side.

I can see both sides to this. On one side, I feel like they have to draw the line somewhere because technically they aren’t advertising right now that there is parade viewing. On the other hand, everyone is paying the same amount but only some are getting parade viewing. I’m not sure I fall on either side.

I agree with this also as I am one who called and got the viewing after booking it so it doesn't really matter to me if they get it or not I was simple just telling them they have every right to do so.

1. Not all of us called and complained when they changed the wording in the description.
2. Just because someone didn’t read the fine print doesn’t mean Disney is obligated to give them something.
3. Disney explicitly states that things can change at any time, so it kind of is a form of “act now or you lose it.”
4. And I just find the whole whining to get something for free thing to be kind of greedy.

Not all of us called and complained when they changed the wording in the description. And I just find the whole whining to get something for free thing to be kind of greedy.

But I am sure those that didn't call are grateful to all of us that did.

I am guessing you don't ever complain about anything in life to get something that you feel is unjust?

No I don’t lol. I am a grownup and I accept things for how they are or if I find something unjust, I am not going to complain about it just to get a freebie.

Nah. I am grateful to Disney for making the situation right.

No I don’t lol. I am a grownup and I accept things for how they are or if I find something unjust, I am not going to complain about it just to get a freebie.

Nah. I am grateful to Disney for making the situation right.

Well thats pretty good way to think about it and we will just have to agree to disagree but if everyone had your attitude then business would take advantage of people all the time. The consumer has to keep the check and balances in the system or we will all get punched in the gut by them all the time. I do feel your point is valid though and see where your coming from.

and Disney made it right because people said something. If they didn't then they would have never done it.

Yes, yes I am! ::yes:: I complained waaaay to much last year about the canceled FP's, well to be fair I wasn't complaining, it didn't happen to me. I wanted an explanation for it so I sent six emails and they sent me five and they still never explained it! :rolleyes:

We'll all have a great time at the event, special parade viewing location or not. We're all on our way to Disney World, temporarily leaving the stress or tedium of work and everyday life! Hooray! Disney clearly messed up here and they are paying for it, and they'll continue to pay for it with some unhappy customers that night. But I'll be wearing a pumpkin shirt watching my kids fill their bags with what they think are "free" candy....hopefully with a huge smile on my face!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter