• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

BTMRR was down for a super long refurb during my trip in September 2016, so I swear if it is down again for my upcoming Sept. trip...I may flip a table.
BTMRR is NOT closing for a refurbishment. This thread is about rides that are open during MNSSHP and as of now, BTMRR is not on that list so is anticipated to be closed during party hours.

Yeah I was there during that time too. That one had me upset but then when they closed RnRC also I was beyond pissed. I really hope we don't have a bunch of closures again.

Dinosaur and It’s a Small World were down as well! I was shocked at how many of the big ones were out of commission!

Us too!! And its really a plan changer for us! I wish they would let us know something...anything....I am going to email them as well about it being open during MNSSHP.
It may not make any difference but I'm hoping the more people that contact them about this, the more then consider opening BTMRR during the party. I contacted them last week too.

BTMRR is NOT closing for a refurbishment. This thread is about rides that are open during MNSSHP and as of now, BTMRR is not on that list so is anticipated to be closed during party hours.

We are going off the response that was posted from someone who emailed and got a response saying that they do refurbishments.

Us too!! And its really a plan changer for us! I wish they would let us know something...anything....I am going to email them as well about it being open during MNSSHP.
Yes, please do email them! I will email them again as well because the reply I got made no sense. The more people that let them know we want it open, the better. In my mind, I am thinking that the number of complaints they received last year about BTMRR and SDMT originally not being on open list for MNSSHP (but added later) caused them to be added to the open attractions list. Of course, I can't prove that, but I like to think that we can make a difference. Maybe...

We are going off the response that was posted from someone who emailed and got a response saying that they do refurbishments.

Yes, please do email them! I will email them again as well because the reply I got made no sense. The more people that let them know we want it open, the better. In my mind, I am thinking that the number of complaints they received last year about BTMRR and SDMT originally not being on open list for MNSSHP (but added later) caused them to be added to the open attractions list. Of course, I can't prove that, but I like to think that we can make a difference. Maybe...
I believe the responses we are getting are auto generated and thus not specific to the request we've sent. I'm not sure about others but the response I received was within a couple of minutes of submitting my email. Far too quickly for someone to actually read and respond to.

I just got off a chat with a CM (never used that feature before, was easy). I asked why BTMRR was not on the open attractions list. CM said they didn't know, it is always open during MNSSHP. They said that only for a refurbishment would it be closed but they didn't see it listed as being refurbished. I said that I didn't see it any refurbishment list either, could it be left off by mistake? CM said it's possible and that they will let their team leader know. Now, will that make a difference? Don't know, but hopefully!

I'm too lazy too google but not too lazy to email - what address should I send it to for finding out about BTMRR?

As suspected, we've initially been receiving the generic response from Disney when we submit our concerns about BTMRR. That being said, eventually they are getting into the right hands.

Just a moment ago I received this personalized response based on the Contact Us form I filled out last week. It is specific to my request.

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your passion for the Walt Disney World Resort.

I appreciate the time you took to write to us to share your thoughts regarding the availability of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this coming year. Walt Disney once stated, "Disneyland will always be building and growing and adding new things.” The Walt Disney World Resort relies on this same philosophy to keep our Guests’ experience fresh and unique throughout the years. Our Guests’ feedback is vital throughout our Resort in preserving the magical experience that we so strongly wish to deliver. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate Leadership team.

Kindest regards,

xxxx xxxxx
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-934-7628

Still not what I was hoping to hear but I do believe our requests are being heard so the more people that contact them about BTMRR the better.

We got our hard tickets in the mail today! I was a little surprised, they do not look Halloween like at all. One ticket has Elsa on it, another one has Fantasmic and the 3rd one is Mickey Mouse.

We got our hard tickets in the mail today! I was a little surprised, they do not look Halloween like at all. One ticket has Elsa on it, another one has Fantasmic and the 3rd one is Mickey Mouse.

Yep! That's normal. I went to my local Disney store and saw the Haunted Mansion with the hitch hiking ghosts in the "Park Ticket" section. Disney does send them out randomly. Luck of the draw I guess. o_O

It may not make any difference but I'm hoping the more people that contact them about this, the more then consider opening BTMRR during the party. I contacted them last week too.

Response I got to the email I sent:

Greetings from the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts.

Please be assured you that your message has been received and we have begun the process of researching your needs. Please understand that, depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required to provide you with the most accurate and timely information, our response time may vary. Should we need to enlist the help of other Disney experts to provide you the best answer you may find that your response comes from that resource rather than this e-mail address.

If you are visiting the Walt Disney World® Resort within the next two weeks and need immediate assistance, please call us at 407 W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) between 7:00am and 11:00pm E.S.T. daily.

Again, thank you for your message and thank you in advance for your patience. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Walt Disney World® Resort Online Communications and Support Team.

Are Table Service restaurants like BOG and CRT going to be open for Halloween party? I tried to call to make reservations but they currently are only showing to be open for lunch and dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter