"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Now that I got Free Dining offer added to our reservation, it's time to purchase MNSSHP tickets. There are 4 parties during our visit in early September. Not planning on purchasing tickets until day before, after checking weather forecast. Last time it poured for several hours, and we lost a lot of time. Don't think parties usually see out in first 2 weeks of September? But shooting for Sunday September 9th.

We are planning on going September 3. We haven't done a party in a while. It was before my little guy was born. So at least 8 years ago. Looking forward to it. We are staying at BLT so easy to get home.

So I might as well head out and join the mine? Why do they let people in at 3:45pm burn only start giving out the bands for those of us already in the park at 4?
I heard of this happening last year and I decided to just wait in line up front and get my wrist band. It is a chance either way!! However, if you want to meet a certain character that you know the line gets long quickly, have another member of your party wait in line and then you two switch off to get your party band. Warning: I did witness this when I was in line for Jack and Sally last year, a CM came out checking for party bands right at 4 pm, and if you did not have a band, she made you leave the line. I was 10th in line at first and then moved up to 4th after people left.

I heard of this happening last year and I decided to just wait in line up front and get my wrist band. It is a chance either way!! However, if you want to meet a certain character that you know the line gets long quickly, have another member of your party wait in line and then you two switch off to get your party band. Warning: I did witness this when I was in line for Jack and Sally last year, a CM came out checking for party bands right at 4 pm, and if you did not have a band, she made you leave the line. I was 10th in line at first and then moved up to 4th after people left.

Do they not have stations set up in the park to get wrist bands for people that are already in the park? I know they use to in the past or maybe that was Disneyland that I did it at.

Has anyone been able to get their tickets online? I tried twice this morning but then got e-mails saying it didn't go through. I'm hoping it's just because the system is overloaded from everyone booking free dining but wanted to check with you all first.

Has anyone been able to get their tickets online? I tried twice this morning but then got e-mails saying it didn't go through. I'm hoping it's just because the system is overloaded from everyone booking free dining but wanted to check with you all first.

I got mine online this weekend.

I got mine last week. I think today is a rough day for the system because of the Free Dining drop. I would wait for a few days and order once things have settled down. The entire site keeps crashing which it does each year.

Now that I got Free Dining offer added to our reservation, it's time to purchase MNSSHP tickets. There are 4 parties during our visit in early September. Not planning on purchasing tickets until day before, after checking weather forecast. Last time it poured for several hours, and we lost a lot of time. Don't think parties usually see out in first 2 weeks of September? But shooting for Sunday September 9th.

I can't confirm your question but I do know things change every year, and if you have a certain Party in mind I probably wouldn't wait that long, unless you have other options to go after that date in case it sold out for any reason. If you do have that flexibility, don't wait to long to get your next set of tickets because if they start giving unofficial raincheck tickets for parties after the rain out, your other party options increase the risk of selling out suddenly.

Also, if you care to attempt to get FP for the 4-6p window, remember you obviously can't book these without having your tickets first.

Rain or shine, we're going Sept 9th too!

Regarding Big Thunder not being open for the party, I sent the following in an email:

"I notice that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is not listed. I have attended previous Halloween parties and it has always been open. Was it inadvertently left off the list or will it be down for a refurbishment? Are there plans to add Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to the open attractions list?"

This is what I got back in reply:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Each Attraction in the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks undergoes a thorough refurbishment each year. These refurbishments are done for numerous reasons; first and foremost is our concern for safety. We also monitor our operation and our Guests' enjoyment.

We would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our Theme Parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different.

As diverse as the millions of visitors are who come to the Walt Disney World® Resort each year, so are the reactions and opinions that we learn about. It is always our goal to provide a quality "show" for our Guests.

Please continue to monitor our website for possible changes closer to the Fall.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further."

I emailed back asking if it will indeed be under refurbishment and that I had have not seen it on any list anywhere, and of course, I received no reply. This reply was very vague and I believe the CM only mentioned refurbishment because I first mentioned it in my email. Notice the CM didn't say it would be down at this time. I honestly think this person just skimmed my email. Also, their statement that "every attraction undergoes a thorough refurbishment each year".... Uh, I don't think so!

I also remember last year at this time when both BTMRR and SDMT were not listed to be open for the party. Lots of us sent emails and called and both were added to the list. Sooo, I may send another email because this answer is unsatisfactory.

Regarding Big Thunder not being open for the party, I sent the following in an email:

"I notice that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is not listed. I have attended previous Halloween parties and it has always been open. Was it inadvertently left off the list or will it be down for a refurbishment? Are there plans to add Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to the open attractions list?"

Each Attraction in the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks undergoes a thorough refurbishment each year. These refurbishments are done for numerous reasons; first and foremost is our concern for safety. We also monitor our operation and our Guests' enjoyment.

We would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our Theme Parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different.

As diverse as the millions of visitors are who come to the Walt Disney World® Resort each year, so are the reactions and opinions that we learn about. It is always our goal to provide a quality "show" for our Guests.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further."

I emailed back asking if it will indeed be under refurbishment and that I had have not seen it on any list anywhere, and of course, I received no reply. This reply was very vague and I believe the CM only mentioned refurbishment because I first mentioned it in my email. Notice the CM didn't say it would be down at this time. I honestly think this person just skimmed my email. Also, their statement that "every attraction undergoes a thorough refurbishment each year".... Uh, I don't think so!

I also remember last year at this time when both BTMRR and SDMT were not listed to be open for the party. Lots of us sent emails and called and both were added to the list. Sooo, I may send another email because this answer is unsatisfactory.
I'm really hoping it was just left off of the list. It is our favorite ride at MK!

I can't confirm your question but I do know things change every year, and if you have a certain Party in mind I probably wouldn't wait that long, unless you have other options to go after that date in case it sold out for any reason. If you do have that flexibility, don't wait to long to get your next set of tickets because if they start giving unofficial raincheck tickets for parties after the rain out, your other party options increase the risk of selling out suddenly.

Also, if you care to attempt to get FP for the 4-6p window, remember you obviously can't book these without having your tickets first.

Rain or shine, we're going Sept 9th too!
Not really interested in FP since we are at the World for 10 days. Unfortunately last time, it was way too much rain, and not enough shine. Definitely put a damper on things.

Hoping to get some clarification before June bc we are doing one park day in June (at MK) and I want to make sure to ride it then, if it won't be open in October. I have it on our to-do list but with one park day, we have to be somewhat flexible, but I won't be flexible about it if I know this will be our only chance to ride it during our two trips this year.

BTMRR was down for a super long refurb during my trip in September 2016, so I swear if it is down again for my upcoming Sept. trip...I may flip a table.

Don't they usually have a stop between BTMRR and Splash anyway? I would much rather the ride be open. We love riding BTMRR at night!
I love BTMRR and want it to be open also but Disney loves to change things up so what should we think??? There usually is a treat stop by Splash Mountain so I am not sure what is going on???

BTMRR was down for a super long refurb during my trip in September 2016, so I swear if it is down again for my upcoming Sept. trip...I may flip a table.

Yeah I was there during that time too. That one had me upset but then when they closed RnRC also I was beyond pissed. I really hope we don't have a bunch of closures again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter