"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I am a MNSSHP newbie. I need some basic help on party ticket FPs. I see that (in theory) I can get 3 FPs for these "hard" tickets (30 days prior). Silly question - if I don't link them to a magic band, can I just use the physical ticket at the FastPass "machine"??? (I will actually have magic bands, but I plan to use my 3 FPs at a different park in the morning, then head to MK in the afternoon with my MNSSHP tickets...)

Thanks!!

"I am a MNSSHP newbie. I need some basic help on party ticket FPs. I see that (in theory) I can get 3 FPs for these "hard" tickets (30 days prior). Silly question - if I don't link them to a magic band, can I just use the physical ticket at the FastPass "machine"??? (I will actually have magic bands, but I plan to use my 3 FPs at a different park in the morning, then head to MK in the afternoon with my MNSSHP tickets...)"

Hmmm... What if I used a different set of MBs (on a different MDE account)? Could that work?

What your attempting to do is double dip on fastpasses which is not permitted by Disney nor discussed on the DIS as it violates Disney's Terms of MDE. Several threads have been removed, erased and locked down due to this.

When we go to Disney in August the only ticket we have is for MNSSHP. Will I be allowed to make FP reservations (for the couple of hours before the party) 60 days from my arrival date at Pop or 60 days before the party?

When we go to Disney in August the only ticket we have is for MNSSHP. Will I be allowed to make FP reservations (for the couple of hours before the party) 60 days from my arrival date at Pop or 60 days before the party?

I'm sorry @scrappinginontario what I should have said is MAYBE. Last year we were allowed to but Disney does change things. I would rather have this then inundate WDW for a specific ride as this would be a bigger issue.

EDIT: Though I will say some people did experience FP issues during MNSSHP & MVMCP. Two threads emerged as a result.

Last edited:
I'm sorry @scrappinginontario what I should have said is MAYBE. Last year we were allowed to but Disney does change things. I would rather have this then inundate WDW for a specific ride as this would be a bigger issue.

EDIT: Though I will say some people did experience FP issues during MNSSHP & MVMCP. Two threads emerged as a result.

If I'm reading this your response is maybe I will be able to get FPs with only having a MNSSHP ticket.

IF I can, do you know if I will be eligible to book these at 60 days before arrival at our resort or 60 days before our party date?

Guess I can wait and try but thought it was worth asking.

I'm hoping even if they don't let us make them in advance, hopefully it will once we're inside the park. My DD and I love to pay 'spin the FP' and see what ride is open next! It's not unusual for us to each use 8+ FPs on a MK day.

If I'm reading this your response is maybe I will be able to get FPs with only having a MNSSHP ticket.

IF I can, do you know if I will be eligible to book these at 60 days before arrival at our resort or 60 days before our party date?

I'm hoping even if they don't let us make them in advance, hopefully it will once we're inside the park. My DD and I love to pay 'spin the FP' and see what ride is open next! It's not unusual for us to each use 8+ FPs on a MK day.

We won't know until someone tries.

Last year we were repeatedly told by Guest Services via email that party tickets were not designed to hold FP's,
many argued if it wasn't allowed why did the system allow it and why have we been able to do it for years, this was never answered by G.S.

Those who did book FP's on park days and on party tickets had their last day of FP's removed by Disney and in the beginning it was done without warning. Later Disney started sending out email notices that they did not have enough park tickets to cover all their FP's, so many deleted the FP's on their party tickets.

Even though guests lost their coveted FP's to the most hard to get rides some were able to get them back not necessarily at the original time in which they wanted them thus resulting in rearranging their itinerary.

Last year was very stressful.

You should be able to make them 60 days from Resort arrival like the rest of your days if you have an AP or enough days of tickets. With only a party ticket, that is TBD. All they do is add up how many days worth of tickets you have (for passholders, they count it as 7 or however many days you're staying onsite if that is more) and that is how many days of FPs you can have. The issue that occurred last year was that Disney let people make FPs for as many days as they had tickets PLUS the number of party tickets, but said that party tickets were not entitled to FPs and started cancelling people's last day FPs if they didn't have enough days of tickets to cover the number of days of FPs they had without including party tickets.

Last edited:
You should be able to make them 60 days from Resort arrival like the rest of your days if you have an AP or enough days of tickets. With only a party ticket, that is TBD. All they do is add up how many days worth of tickets you have (for passholders, they count it as 7 or however many days you're staying onsite if that is more) and that is how many days of FPs you can have. The issue that occurred last year was that Disney let people make FPs for as many days as they had tickets PLUS the number of party tickets, but said that party tickets were not entitled to FPs and started cancelling people's last day FPs if they didn't have enough days of tickets to cover the number of days of FPs they had without including party tickets.

Thanks! I will only have a party ticket on my MDE account as we are going to WDW only to do the water parks and MNSSHP so I will be a good tester for others! We do not have APs either. Our party is Aug 28th so one of the first parties.

I will update this thread with my results.
  • June 28th is 60 days before our resort arrival so I will attempt first to book FPs on that day.
  • If that doesn't work I will attempt to book them on June 29th which is 60 days before our party date.
I will keep you posted with my findings.

Thanks! I will only have a party ticket on my MDE account as we are going to WDW only to do the water parks and MNSSHP so I will be a good tester for others! We do not have APs either. Our party is Aug 28th so one of the first parties.

I will update this thread with my results.
  • June 28th is 60 days before our resort arrival so I will attempt first to book FPs on that day.
  • If that doesn't work I will attempt to book them on June 29th which is 60 days before our party date.
I will keep you posted with my findings.

After booking keep checking your MDE account periodically to make sure they're still there as well as your email. ;)

After booking keep checking your MDE account periodically to make sure they're still there as well as your email. ;)
Thanks! Will do. It may be that it doesn't even allow me to make the FP reservations without a 'normal' ticket. Will be good to find out and help others too. If I am able to book them, I will keep an eye on them for sure.

SO this is my first post on this board...

MY family of 4 (DH, Me, DS7 and DS2) are taking our very first WDW trip as a family this August. DH and I have not been since 1997!

I am super pumped because we have tickets to MNSSHP on 8/17. DS2 is in looove with Moana and I will do literally anything for him to meet her.

So does anyone have some great ideas for costumes for us? We need to stay as cool as we can in August so I'm thinking something I can work into shorts and t-shirts but I'd love us to look super cute and festive.

SO this is my first post on this board...

MY family of 4 (DH, Me, DS7 and DS2) are taking our very first WDW trip as a family this August. DH and I have not been since 1997!

I am super pumped because we have tickets to MNSSHP on 8/17. DS2 is in looove with Moana and I will do literally anything for him to meet her.

So does anyone have some great ideas for costumes for us? We need to stay as cool as we can in August so I'm thinking something I can work into shorts and t-shirts but I'd love us to look super cute and festive.

Well, hey now :welcome: to the DIS!!! Costumes? One word "DisneyBounding" ::yes:: Click on this link:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dis...z9naAhVl04MKHTKHA24Q_AUICigB&biw=1052&bih=921

You can even search for other characters but that's where I'd start!

Hello guys!
I'm not from USA, I would like to know where can we find good costumes for the MNSSHP in Orlando.
Big thanks in advance :)

Hello guys!
I'm not from USA, I would like to know where can we find good costumes for the MNSSHP in Orlando.
Big thanks in advance :)

I see you've asked this question twice so I'll try to offer some help but first I need a little more information, when are your party dates and will you be driving?

I see you've asked this question twice so I'll try to offer some help but first I need a little more information, when are your party dates and will you be driving?
I asked again because no one answered me :( I'm kinda lost on this.
We're going October 16th - 3 Adults.
No driving (we are going to stay at Pop).

Our plan is to hit Magic Kingdom really early, then get back to the hotel after lunch to put on our costumes on and head back to MK.

Last edited:
i'm not sure if you're looking for complete costumes or if you willing to try "DisneyBounding" as mentioned in Post #1992. Just scroll up and you'll see a link. That's just one of hundreds of costume designs based on characters.

Since you won't have a car are you willing to use Uber/Lyft to go shopping for costumes?

Better question do they not sell costumes where you live?

I asked again because no one answered me :( I'm kinda lost on this.
We're going October 16th - 3 Adults.
No driving (we are going to stay at Pop).

Our plan is to hit Magic Kingdom really early, then get back to the hotel after lunch to put on our costumes on and head back to MK.

Another option for you could be Amazon. They will deliver to Pop I believe. Not sure your time frame though and making sure you have it on time.

Big thanks guys! @FoxC63 @Rich M
It's gonne be our 4th time at WDW, I'm so excited!!!

We use uber all the time so it's fine for us to go shopping for some costumes! Do you guys know some good stores?
We have some costumes stores here in Brazil, but Halloween is not even popular here, so it's hard to find good costumes after Carnival period is done, and when you find it's pretty expensive. Also we would love to shop for halloween things and costumes because we've never experienced halloween before! I think it's a great tradition USA has and we love it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter