"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Just when I thought I had my itinerary down! May change where I pick up my wristbands. Definitely need to keep an eye on this party is on 10/18!
I know right? I'm planning on meeting them on 10/25 and was going to get our wristbands at Tortuga Tavern, but I might need to change that. I won't change anything until it gets a little closer, though.

Really hoping this doesn’t happen but reading reports that Orlando may get tropical storm conditions from the hurricane Wednesday. If Thursday’s party is expected to be soaked can I cancel ahead of time request a refund? Or must you go and request in person? Normal rain I can handle but tropical rains while alone with a 5 year old doesn’t sound fun :(

How did you hear about the change of locations?
I went to the gazebo and a cast member told me. I got to Town Hall at around 3:15 and they scanned my magic band. I asked for the party wristband but they said they’d come through the line at 4PM to give them out. At 4, a cast member again scanned magic bands and tied party bands to your wrist while I was in line for Jack and Sally.

I went to the gazebo and a cast member told me. I got to Town Hall at around 3:15 and they scanned my magic band. I asked for the party wristband but they said they’d come through the line at 4PM to give them out. At 4, a cast member again scanned magic bands and tied party bands to your wrist while I was in line for Jack and Sally.
Wait really? So I could just get in line for Jack and Sally and not worry about finding a place to get my wristband? We will already be in the park so if we don't have to wait until 4 for our wristband that would be awesome!

Really hoping this doesn’t happen but reading reports that Orlando may get tropical storm conditions from the hurricane Wednesday. If Thursday’s party is expected to be soaked can I cancel ahead of time request a refund? Or must you go and request in person? Normal rain I can handle but tropical rains while alone with a 5 year old doesn’t sound fun :(

By Thursday evening, the storm is expected to be in the Carolinas and moving swiftly to the northeast. If it rains then, it likely won’t be due to Michael.

By Thursday evening, the storm is expected to be in the Carolinas and moving swiftly to the northeast. If it rains then, it likely won’t be due to Michael.
That’s good. Read an Orlando news article saying tropical storm conditions but didn’t say when. We got caught in some of Florence when traveling on the east coast days later, those rains can last a while.

That’s good. Read an Orlando news article saying tropical storm conditions but didn’t say when. We got caught in some of Florence when traveling on the east coast days later, those rains can last a while.

Florence was slow and meandering, Michael is neither. The worst of Michael will be tomorrow and for Orlando, doubtful to be much of anything but some rain and a little wind.

Wait really? So I could just get in line for Jack and Sally and not worry about finding a place to get my wristband? We will already be in the park so if we don't have to wait until 4 for our wristband that would be awesome!
Correct! They come to you in line which was nice! And you can line up before 4 if you’re in the park and not have to worry about lining up without a band.

Correct! They come to you in line which was nice! And you can line up before 4 if you’re in the park and not have to worry about lining up without a band.
Wonder if that will be permanent or was just a courtesy today due to the sudden change of location? And does this mean Mickey was kicked out? Or do they take over Tink’s spot for the party?

Wonder if that will be permanent or was just a courtesy today due to the sudden change of location? And does this mean Mickey was kicked out? Or do they take over Tink’s spot for the party?

I don’t know if it is a permanent change or not, but we were at the party last night, and Jack and Sally met in the gazebo all night. The line was very long (I compared it to our wait for Santa Jack at MVMCP in 2017, as I know where in the line we started and that it took us 45 minutes to meet him—- now that seems like a dream compared to the waits we saw last night!).

Wow that’s a game changer. I’ll have to wait and see how the next few parties go before I change my itinerary but good to know!

I would imagine the change was because people were sweltering waiting in line for them. I met one lady who had to leave the line because she almost passed out in the heat.

I would imagine the change was because people were sweltering waiting in line for them. I met one lady who had to leave the line because she almost passed out in the heat.

Seems like this happens every year.

We went to the 10/8 party and had a wonderful time but if that wasn't sold out party I can't imagine what sold out feels like this year! I've been to a sold out X-mas party and it felt way less crowded than last night. The party was significantly more crowded than earlier in the day was. (Arrived at 2) I did look around and never saw anyone without party bands.Walkways were very crowded and just annoying trying to navigate a stroller. By the second parade it became tolerable but the kids were crashing by that time. I don't think we'll be doing another party any time soon. The atmosphere used to be our favorite part but you can't soak that up when this crowded.

We spent way more time trick or treating than I wanted but that's what the kids wanted to do before they were too wore out. Circus area train station was probably a 15 min wait around 8:30 and we each only got 2 pieces of candy for that. Monsters Inc and apple sauces near dwarves were the most generous of the night.

Vampirina looks so good and was quite the dancer. Had to drag the kids away from her.

We were SO thankful for the tip from here to watch fireworks from Casey's grass. That was amazing to be uncrowded, minimal wait, and a railing to lean on! Best part of the night.

Party merch was much easier to shop at Big Top than the craziness on Main Street.

Bummed our Hat Box pictures aren't in our account. Wondering how long to wait to file a missing picture, since we're back home already.

We lucked out and missed all the rain being inside at perfect times but it stunk to have the Villain show cancelled that we had scheduled.

Left just as second parade started and bus queues weren't bad.

Jack and Sally met in the Town Square theater! They have an amazing backdrop for photos and bright purple lights! Amazing setup! Not too crowded here so far. We’ve already met Jack & Sally, Elvis Stitch, Winnie the Pooh & Friends, Terk and Jane (no Tarzan so far), and in line now at 7:45PM for Jafar! Also bought a T-shirt and the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket.

Did jack and Sally still come out at 4:30? We will be there Sunday and trying to adjust our plans with the new location

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter