"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Anyone who has done the dessert Party recently (that received the parade viewing) - what time are they allowing you in for desserts? Still trying to decide which parade we want to shoot for. Thanks!

MNSSHP 10/9

2:20pm brunch at Chef Mickeys, which we enjoyed. Monorail to Poly for an adult beverage / rain hideout.

We got to MK about 4:40, made it to our Haunted Mansion FP just as a downpour hit. Then off to Space Mtn for FP #2. Rode People Mover than Astro Orbiter than Carousel of Progress. Came out just after 6pm to a 25 min wait on Buzz.
Then hit 3 treat lines, then Tomorrowland Speedway (20min wait) then treat line at Cosmic Rays.

Had a 50 min wait on SDMT, then 3 more treat lines & took a break for a drink. Made our way around all the folks waiting on the parade (2-3 deep). Rode both BTMRR & Splash with no wait. Then 2 more TOT lines at Splash.

Headed to Caseys, got food and ate it on Crystal Palaces porch and watched the fireworks - they were the highlight of my night. Amazing show!!

I was set to leave, but DS flashed those blues at Daddy so off we went back to Space Mtn where at 10:45pm it was posted 50 min wait - it took them 40!

Went to Peter Pan which was a walk on then headed out. Got on the next bus to Pop and made it back to resort at 12:30am.

Its was a fun night. I would not pay the extra to do it again - just too crowded for what I had thought a special ticketed event would offer. I AM glad we came though! We probably have 15lbs of candy and the fireworks alone were amazing!

500 page thread and I'm just getting started. Last minute trip to Florida and thinking of doing a party night. Are there certain party nights that tend to be busier than others? We are thinking of a Sunday night party on the 21st.

Thanks

500 page thread and I'm just getting started. Last minute trip to Florida and thinking of doing a party night. Are there certain party nights that tend to be busier than others? We are thinking of a Sunday night party on the 21st.

Thanks
Welcome! The parties will generally get more crowded as Halloween approaches. But an added bonus is that you’ll see a lot more costumes as the holiday approaches. One of my favorite parts!

The mid week parties might be a tad bit less crowded, but YMMV. I’ve been to 3 parties and I loved them all. 2 were Sunday parties, and 1 tuesday. I’ll be doing another Sunday party this weekend.

Attending the party on the 21st. First time party goers! This trip it's just myself and DH. I have not come up with a real plan yet. Priorities are fireworks, parade, Hocus Pocus show, Lotos and Jafar maybe a TOT line or two. I want to stay until closing and really just take in the atmosphere and see all the costumes. I figure it will be easier navigating everything with just the two of us.

Do you have to go through the bypass to get the starter treat bag or do they give you those at the the other 3 places to get bands as well?

Anyone who has done the dessert Party recently (that received the parade viewing) - what time are they allowing you in for desserts? Still trying to decide which parade we want to shoot for. Thanks!

I'm very interested in this as well... at some of the first parties 8:30/8:45 seemed to be the early time you could get into the dessert party. I'm wondering if that is still true? Anyone attend a recent dessert party?

Do you have to go through the bypass to get the starter treat bag or do they give you those at the the other 3 places to get bands as well?

I think you can get them at any of the locations but I might be wrong

I’ve only seen them in the bypass the last few years.

Empty treat bags are available at any TOT station, but the pre-packaged "starter treat bag" that has an assortment of Mars candy is only available in the Bypass as you walk in, to my knowledge. Might be in some other spots but if so it's not readily apparent.

We went to the August 28th party and were already in the park prior to 4:00. We picked up our wristbands in Tomorrowland and we did get our ToT bags and the starter bag of candy right there in that line. We still wanted to go to the bypass for all of the pictures however the night of our party started with a heavy rainstorm and when we went back up Main Street to get our Orange Bird cards we found that the bypass was empty. We discovered that they had moved the bag distribution to the Tomorrowland Terrace and we went through and received another bag and more candy. Then we were able to take a couple of Photopass pictures as the photographers were by the purple wall as we left. They only had a Hocus Pocus sign for us to hold and we didn't see the frame or the cute props they normally have on the bypass. But the purple wall was also on our bucket list so we were happy with that!

We went to the August 28th party and were already in the park prior to 4:00. We picked up our wristbands in Tomorrowland and we did get our ToT bags and the starter bag of candy right there in that line. We still wanted to go to the bypass for all of the pictures however the night of our party started with a heavy rainstorm and when we went back up Main Street to get our Orange Bird cards we found that the bypass was empty. We discovered that they had moved the bag distribution to the Tomorrowland Terrace and we went through and received another bag and more candy. Then we were able to take a couple of Photopass pictures as the photographers were by the purple wall as we left. They only had a Hocus Pocus sign for us to hold and we didn't see the frame or the cute props they normally have on the bypass. But the purple wall was also on our bucket list so we were happy with that!
I thought I read some reports of people getting starter candy at the other locations but I wasn’t for sure. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Last edited:
Empty treat bags are available at any TOT station, but the pre-packaged "starter treat bag" that has an assortment of Mars candy is only available in the Bypass as you walk in, to my knowledge. Might be in some other spots but if so it's not readily apparent.
Okay. Thank you.

Great! Thanks for this info. We will hopefully be in the park before 4 ( will be there earlier in the day and are taking a break for a bit) and were hoping to get our bands at Tortuga Tavern but wanted to make sure the kids got the starter bag as I know they would love that.

Attending the party on the 21st. First time party goers! This trip it's just myself and DH. I have not come up with a real plan yet. Priorities are fireworks, parade, Hocus Pocus show, Lotos and Jafar maybe a TOT line or two. I want to stay until closing and really just take in the atmosphere and see all the costumes. I figure it will be easier navigating everything with just the two of us.

That's not a hard plan at all.

Line up for lotso around 6:30 and you should be one of the first to meet him.

Jafar usually has a pretty short line.

I prefer the midnight Hocus pocus show because it's usually less crowded and since the party officially ends at midnight it's like bonus time. However, if there is any hint of rain see it before.

We just returned from 4 days at Disney and we went to the Halloween party on Mon. 10/8. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who dressed up, despite the crowds and the mugginess. I really enjoyed looking at all of the costumes. Wish I could have taken pictures of some of them, but I didn't want to be like a stalker. Some that I remember: the couple with a daughter about 10 - 12 yrs, all dressed in white/grey wedding clothes with face makeup; the Peter Pan family at BOG for dinner with the cutest little Tinker Bell, Mom as Wendy, grandparents dressed up too; the 2 ladies dressed as nuns in the POTC line; the gentleman with the scooter dressed as Prof X with the headset thing; the Mad Hatter on the late bus back to OKW...and so many more. I saw all of you and more, and you all really made my night - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter