"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Today is actually the 30 day window for 8/17, and curious to hear from anyone offsite as well. I know onsite guests with only party tickets had luck at 60 days, hoping offsite guests are having the same results!

I am attending the 8/17 party and staying offsite. I was able to book 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 fast passes with no problems.

The RFID card provided for MNSSHP is still connected to your same MDE profile and can be used for regular park admission in any park and is not locked in anyway to MNSSHP only. OP also stated she is a passholder so there should be no issue.
I’m not sure that’s true - my cards state that they are for the 10/31 MNSSHP right on the back.

OK, I hate to say this ( :duck: ) but it may work as Disney having the last laugh on the whole dessert party/parade viewing topic, which haven’t we assumed all along could be a really tight timeframe?
Right?! Okay, here’s your reserved parade viewing...parade should be by about 9:20, 9:25 - right in the middle of your dessert time....you decide which is more important.

I like Hocus Pocus and free up with the movie. My DH and two sons (9 & 6) are not big fans. Are we crazy to skip it or is it a must see?

I like Hocus Pocus and free up with the movie. My DH and two sons (9 & 6) are not big fans. Are we crazy to skip it or is it a must see?
I’ve actually never seen Hocus Pocus but I watched a short clip of the stage show. I saw oogie boogie so I’m definitely going to watch the stage show. Could you show your kids a short clip on YouTube and see if they are interested?

I’ve actually never seen Hocus Pocus but I watched a short clip of the stage show. I saw oogie boogie so I’m definitely going to watch the stage show. Could you show your kids a short clip on YouTube and see if they are interested?
We are surprising them so they have no idea and I can’t ask them questions. I can show my husband and see his thoughts. He’s not a stage show guy though.

Right?! Okay, here’s your reserved parade viewing...parade should be by about 9:20, 9:25 - right in the middle of your dessert time....you decide which is more important.

How long is the parade? We reserved the terrace, so we could sit and enjoy the desserts during Hallowishes, but you're all right with the timing being tight--if the parade starts at 9:15, it'll take a while to make it to the reserved viewing and a while to finish, I'd assume.

We are surprising them so they have no idea and I can’t ask them questions. I can show my husband and see his thoughts. He’s not a stage show guy though.
Yeah maybe have him watch it and see what his reaction is. I think it’s kind of cool because they bring the villains out and we don’t get to see them often.

How long is the parade? We reserved the terrace, so we could sit and enjoy the desserts during Hallowishes, but you're all right with the timing being tight--if the parade starts at 9:15, it'll take a while to make it to the reserved viewing and a while to finish, I'd assume.

I know you're not asking me but the parade is 20 minutes. All Entertainment times and their duration have been posted: Post #3

And we still have no confirmation of the parade viewing location only speculation. Add about 10/15 minutes for the hub.

I’m not sure that’s true - my cards state that they are for the 10/31 MNSSHP right on the back.
I have an AP card and cards that say MNSSHP, MVMCP, and 6-day park hopper. Once linked to my profile, they all access the same MDE profile. I can transfer the party entitlement before it is used, but the card itself is stuck to my profile and non-transferrable.

Very much depends on where the viewing area is and a minute or two delay in the parade can mean a lot, but for some real world data points...

On 10/5 last year we were sitting in front of the Train Station (so just about the furthest parade viewing on the whole route)....pic time stamps...

Boo to You Parade sign - 9:39pm

Wreck it Ralph - 9:48pm

Pic of us walking past Town Square Theater right after the parade - 9:54pm

I have an AP card and cards that say MNSSHP, MVMCP, and 6-day park hopper. Once linked to my profile, they all access the same MDE profile. I can transfer the party entitlement before it is used, but the card itself is stuck to me and non-transferrable.

But were talking about the tapstiles not personal MDE accounts.

I think that's actually just to help you identify because that's what people were used to! :) I do agree that a MNSSHP RFID card, if linked to your MDE account, is probably going to perform like all other RFID media including a MB. It's a funny thing to consider but that's what it does - it's just another link to you.

Now, if you never link it to an MDE account it will only have access to a MNSSHP ticket entitlement for the night it was purchased for.

Of course the best way to check it out would be to save that MNSSHP card and try to use it to enter on your next trip.

I bet they will open up desserts for those of us that got parade viewing prior to the normal time guests can show up. So we would then have to eat and run to the parade and then back to the restaurant or garden plaza for the fireworks. That or they will keep the desserts up longer so those with parade viewing can enjoy after. I have seen a lot of the good stuff empty out though, so I would worry that crumbs would be left kind of thing. I wish they would just let us know the plan already!

It a big shroud of mystery for sure, most likely their hoping we keep our reservations. Shame, don't they know us by now?! :laughing:

I bet they will open up desserts for those of us that got parade viewing prior to the normal time guests can show up. So we would then have to eat and run to the parade and then back to the restaurant or garden plaza for the fireworks. That or they will keep the desserts up longer so those with parade viewing can enjoy after. I have seen a lot of the good stuff empty out though, so I would worry that crumbs would be left kind of thing. I wish they would just let us know the plan already!
Wait they can run out of desserts?

I really hate to be negative here, so please forgive me. I would keep expectations pretty low for Disney to do anything “different” for the parade folks. The chances of this going smoothly in practice - at least for the first night or two - are quite low in my opinion. Having done enough of these various dessert party and other special deals in the MK, it would seem to me to be the makings of a classic right hand/left hand situation.

Again, sorry to be negative, maybe all will go well - I’d just keep a very open mind just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter