Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

I’ve looked a bit but if someone can answer- I’ve heard the 1/2 price EP after 10p is sold, but is this something you can only buy on that day? I’m guessing they probably sell out too...

Yes they have sold them in the past as long as they have not reached their limit of the number of eps have been sold

Ep can sell out so if you wait until that evening, might be a gamble

I buy the FF + with ep pass the day they are first released

You can buy the ep in advance at full price or try to get them on the date you are there (discount price) at the allowed time period

Attention & welcome to all new posters here who have mosey’d over since the sticky started!!!

Well into single digits before the first night, we are rabidly awaiting ‘dead or live’ reports For the event.

Feel free to post a link to your HHN TR thread here.

Alternatively, your brief take on the event, especially as to your favorite house along with crowd levels, is most welcome too!

Oooh I haven't done a TR in quite some time. Maybe I should do one for this trip. Would anyone actually read and comment?

I think I used to get discouraged because some trip reports get tons of comments and I don't think mine was every one of those.

i agree on the increased popularity this year possibly justifying greater need for Epass. Still gonna try to go without it, but may be hunting for that discounted pass halfway thru either night I'm there. There's a shot it'll be offered, since I'm not going till end of event and middle of the week, no less. I can hope, anyway :-)

Ok so this is my first year to actually have a multi-day ticket, the FFPP, I work on I-drive and would generally take me about 5 min to get to Universal after closing at 12:30am. That means I would be able to be inside the park by 1am.
Do you guys think it's worth the trip to be in there for the last hour? Would it be enough time to get into one house? I just want to use my ticket as much as possible and I only have Mondays and Fridays off from work.

Ok so this is my first year to actually have a multi-day ticket, the FFPP, I work on I-drive and would generally take me about 5 min to get to Universal after closing at 12:30am. That means I would be able to be inside the park by 1am.
Do you guys think it's worth the trip to be in there for the last hour? Would it be enough time to get into one house? I just want to use my ticket as much as possible and I only have Mondays and Fridays off from work.

The only issue I can think of would be parking and actually getting inside, then how much time would you even have left? If you really do have an hour then you might even get to do two houses, which would probably be worth it to me. But I am a bit crazy.

Oooh I haven't done a TR in quite some time. Maybe I should do one for this trip. Would anyone actually read and comment?

I think I used to get discouraged because some trip reports get tons of comments and I don't think mine was every one of those.

Go for it !!

I read all trip reports.......and enjoyed what everyone has to write about.

I"ll be one of your biggest fans.....
(remember that line from the movie....quoting Kathy Bates
here )

Go for it !!

I read all trip reports.......and enjoyed what everyone has to write about.

I"ll be one of your biggest fans.....
(remember that line from the movie....quoting Kathy Bates
here )

That would make a cool house:)

The only issue I can think of would be parking and actually getting inside, then how much time would you even have left? If you really do have an hour then you might even get to do two houses, which would probably be worth it to me. But I am a bit crazy.
Ill try it on a Thursday that closes at 2 and see how it goes. I'm very curious to see what I could get done

Depending on the date, the last hour can be a good time to hit hhn.
Weekends could be iffy on going then.
Parking lot might be tough in finding a place to park.
Just depends on the date you choose to arrive at the park at 1:00ish.

Only thing that could be an issue is many without the ep will line up for the house that has the longest waits.
As long as you are in the line for the house before closing time, you are allowed to stay in the line until you have been through the house.

One year, one of the "hot" houses had a 90 minute wait for those entering the line before the cut off time.

I had a friend in guest services working and was going to meet up with her once she got off work that night.

Ended up leaving and went back to my room as she did not leave the park until 3:30 that morning.

Some employees do have to stay until the park is emptied out

Of course! You can always do a mini one.

Ill try it on a Thursday that closes at 2 and see how it goes. I'm very curious to see what I could get done

Lucky you!

Depending on the date, the last hour can be a good time to hit hhn.
Weekends could be iffy on going then.
Parking lot might be tough in finding a place to park.
Just depends on the date you choose to arrive at the park at 1:00ish.

Only thing that could be an issue is many without the ep will line up for the house that has the longest waits.
As long as you are in the line for the house before closing time, you are allowed to stay in the line until you have been through the house.

One year, one of the "hot" houses had a 90 minute wait for those entering the line before the cut off time.

I had a friend in guest services working and was going to meet up with her once she got off work that night.

Ended up leaving and went back to my room as she did not leave the park until 3:30 that morning.

Some employees do have to stay until the park is emptied out

That was my thot too, you are in line, you are ‘in’.

Read a comment recently, not sure if here. Somebody insisted they were stopped from entering line to a house as it was near closing time. Hope that was a one-off, not a new thing last year.

Perhaps they. Need to institute the balloon method but have pennywise hold it lol

Absolutely do a trip report!!!!

Would love to read yours...…..of course we would comment...…..I always comment on trip reports if I read one...….I know how much work goes into them......so please, write away...…..:thumbsup2

Hi, I posted about a week ago that we are doing our first HHN on Sept 23rd but not doing EP, after reading I felt I wouldn’t enjoy it as much because I love the idea of all the houses and know I won’t be able to do them without EP. My question is how do they differentiate who has an EP or not, is it a special wristband? Also is there a separate entrance for it and is it good for all the rides that are open that night.

TIA

Hi, I posted about a week ago that we are doing our first HHN on Sept 23rd but not doing EP, after reading I felt I wouldn’t enjoy it as much because I love the idea of all the houses and know I won’t be able to do them without EP. My question is how do they differentiate who has an EP or not, is it a special wristband? Also is there a separate entrance for it and is it good for all the rides that are open that night.

TIA

Our Rush of Fear ticket has EP written on it...….I`m sure other tickets will be the same......it does get scanned too.

There is a separate EP line to the houses. They are more or less side by side with the regular line...….but TM will check it does have EP written on it before you get to enter the line.

Our Rush of Fear ticket has EP written on it...….I`m sure other tickets will be the same......it does get scanned too.

There is a separate EP line to the houses. They are more or less side by side with the regular line...….but TM will check it does have EP written on it before you get to enter the line.

Ok thank you

Peeps show their ep ticket to the Tm at the beginning of the house line

Second check will be closer to the house
Tm there checks and scans your ticket then you proceed in the house line

Watched Poltergeist last night. I'm now afraid that the house is just going to be one continuous strobe light to mimic the flickering of the TV. I hate the strobe light houses, they are painful. I really hope that they have the medium in the house, she was a fun, unique character. If there isn't a huge demon head shooting out of the closet I will be sad.

I think the moral of that movie is that swimming pools are bad.

Watched Poltergeist last night. I'm now afraid that the house is just going to be one continuous strobe light to mimic the flickering of the TV. I hate the strobe light houses, they are painful. I really hope that they have the medium in the house, she was a fun, unique character. If there isn't a huge demon head shooting out of the closet I will be sad.

I think the moral of that movie is that swimming pools are bad.
I’m excited to see what’s in the light!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter