Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Going on the 28th. Going to be rough being we will be at the Microsoft Party at both parks the night before......BUT I MUST SEE STRANGER THINGS :yay:

Me too!!
@yulilin3 - I met you a few years ago during the last Star Wars weekend-your thread on that was so helpful! So if you see someone waving frantically at you it's just me (in know way do I expect you will remember so I didn't want to alarm you :rotfl:)
:) I barely remember what happened last week but I do seem to remember our meet, by all means if you see me come say hi

We will be there Sep 30 as well and tried to sign up DH and I for the Q&A but it's full/sold out. I guess they won't be able to add more seats or have a wait list. Has anyone been to something like this before? Do they have a stand by line for those who don't show up or should I scratch it off my list?

Planning to attempt our very FIRST HHN this year...in honor of our 20th wedding anniversary! We've purchased the RIP Tour for Sept. 26th so far, and have our room at RPR. Question right now...is it imperative that we get our HHN tickets this far in advance? I'm assuming that Wed night won't see out, and how would it work if we have the tour booked but somehow don't get tickets for HHN as well? Would they take pity on us and let us get tickets if by some strange reason it's sold out?

Hopeful that just one night of HHN will be enough for us, so that's why we are delayed a bit in getting tickets. With no HHN on Thursday (I guess there's a big group event that night?) we aren't sure if we'll want to do an extra night of HHN or just do something else during our short trip.

We will be there Sep 30 as well and tried to sign up DH and I for the Q&A but it's full/sold out. I guess they won't be able to add more seats or have a wait list. Has anyone been to something like this before? Do they have a stand by line for those who don't show up or should I scratch it off my list?

If you're planning on being there that night anyway I might just show up to the sign in and ask.

Tracie is coming to play! Sweet, wasn’t it your DH who collected the tshirts? We fly in late on 28th, doing the 29th then to WDW & back to U on 10/4.

Thanks again to those that answered those AP questions for me - it is a real pain when you cant access the AP site for prices and info - they really should let you view that stuff even if you cant buy it

I had one more question - what is the AP price for rush of fear with express pass? Just trying to see if it is worth waiting till I get my AP to make that purchase.
Time will be tight on my arrival day and it would be a PITA to upgrade to AP and then buy the ROF with express pass.

Thanks in advance

There’s various APH pricing info on page one of this sticky which may be helpful

Me too!!
@yulilin3 - I met you a few years ago during the last Star Wars weekend-your thread on that was so helpful! So if you see someone waving frantically at you it's just me (in know way do I expect you will remember so I didn't want to alarm you :rotfl:)
Wait, did i meet you there??? The lunch time one @ ABC that yulilin organized?

Wait, did i meet you there??? The lunch time one @ ABC that yulilin organized?
OMG! Probably. My family thought I was nuts LOL but they sure appreciated the planning and tips from Yulilin thread! We were there the 2nd to last weekend all weekend and the friday of the very last weekend to see Frank Oz!!

OMG! Probably. My family thought I was nuts LOL but they sure appreciated the planning and tips from Yulilin thread! We were there the 2nd to last weekend all weekend and the friday of the very last weekend to see Frank Oz!!

I’d have to go back to check my notes. So funny! Offhand, do u remember what year that was?

Monyk - Know i did 2013 & 2014 (amazing pkg they used to offer too bad it was dumbed down) need to dig some more to verify 2015 dates.

Yep ... Jim did collect the shirts. Hoping to have better luck with the Stay and Scream this year. Last year took at least 45 minutes in the pouring rain to get thru The Shining. Need the area closer to Stranger Things this year!!

Finally booked our HHN tickets. My wife and I will be attending 10/10, 10/11, and 10/14 with FF+E tix (our 6th time at HHN). Our tween will be attending her first HHN with us on 10/11. If she likes it, we will get her a ticket for 10/14 too. We will all be attending our first UtH morning of 10/10 (really hope we get a tour of Stranger Things and/or Poltergeist).

We've really had a great time every year, but I'm really thinking this year has the potential to be our favorite HHN yet. We cannot wait!

Finally booked our HHN tickets. My wife and I will be attending 10/10, 10/11, and 10/14 with FF+E tix (our 6th time at HHN). Our tween will be attending her first HHN with us on 10/11. If she likes it, we will get her a ticket for 10/14 too. We will all be attending our first UtH morning of 10/10 (really hope we get a tour of Stranger Things and/or Poltergeist).

We've really had a great time every year, but I'm really thinking this year has the potential to be our favorite HHN yet. We cannot wait!

U was smart to nail down Stranger Things this year. Have heard many state they are coming back after a moratorium of a few years along with a younger crowd (of not quite so rabid horror fans) that has never been in the past.

Unfortunately, a potential perfect storm (rain, rain, go away lol) for a tidal wave of guests. May be the first year I regretting not purchasing EP. Never really needed it in the past doing several nights & a tour. Will be interesting to see if those who do standardly purchase them, report experiencing a marked uptick in the return lines this year

Attention & welcome to all new posters here who have mosey’d over since the sticky started!!!

Well into single digits before the first night, we are rabidly awaiting ‘dead or live’ reports For the event.

Feel free to post a link to your HHN TR thread here.

Alternatively, your brief take on the event, especially as to your favorite house along with crowd levels, is most welcome too!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter