Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

I have a question- we took advantage of the Buy one, get one back in June. It only sent one ticket per person and it says +1 promo in it but in the writing, it also says ticket can only be scanned once and then invalid. How will they know when we go the 2nd night that the ticket is still valid? Also, do they take the tickets up when they first scan?

I have a question- we took advantage of the Buy one, get one back in June. It only sent one ticket per person and it says +1 promo in it but in the writing, it also says ticket can only be scanned once and then invalid. How will they know when we go the 2nd night that the ticket is still valid? Also, do they take the tickets up when they first scan?
They don’t take the ticket. You use the one ticket for as many nights as it’s valid. They can tell when they scan it how many nights are available on it.

How busy is opening night? This will be my first ever time at HHN!! I want to go every year, but my kids are still too young. My only option to attend is opening night, and I have my ticket in hand. I'd love to know what to expect so I can prepare for crazy crowds if I need to. Thanks!

How busy is opening night? This will be my first ever time at HHN!! I want to go every year, but my kids are still too young. My only option to attend is opening night, and I have my ticket in hand. I'd love to know what to expect so I can prepare for crazy crowds if I need to. Thanks!

It`s not the busiest night there is, but we usually do opening night and have been surprised how busy it has become over the years...…..but you shouldn't see crazy crowds...….

Do you have Express Pass?

That`ll help to see all the houses as we do see long lines early in the event, especially the popular houses...…

We`ll be there opening night at some point...…...hope you enjoy it, we love it and wouldn't miss it every year!!!

It`s not the busiest night there is, but we usually do opening night and have been surprised how busy it has become over the years...…..but you shouldn't see crazy crowds...….

Do you have Express Pass?

That`ll help to see all the houses as we do see long lines early in the event, especially the popular houses...…

We`ll be there opening night at some point...…...hope you enjoy it, we love it and wouldn't miss it every year!!!

I do not have the EP... I was thinking maybe I should encourage my group to get it though. Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the help!

ETA: I am super excited to go. I think I will become an HHN addict quick!

I do not have the EP... I was thinking maybe I should encourage my group to get it though. Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the help!

ETA: I am super excited to go. I think I will become an HHN addict quick!

Oh you absolutely will become an addict for HHN.....I`m sure of that...…..::yes::

Some people manage without EP...….many don't buy it and some can even do all the houses in one night if it`s not a busy night...….it would be a long night....but it is doable.

We just hate queueing with a passion!!!

I was really surprised at just how busy it was so early last year - some of that may have been related to people coming out after the storm - and it did seem to get busier every day that first two weekends

This friday is the first HHN, right?
Anyone attending?
I'm so curious about the line lenghts, tips and information about everything!

It's gonna be our first time doing HHN and I'm so excited (and so scared because I'm really afraid of those things lol)

This friday is the first HHN, right?
Anyone attending?
I'm so curious about the line lenghts, tips and information about everything!

It's gonna be our first time doing HHN and I'm so excited (and so scared because I'm really afraid of those things lol)

We’ll be there opening night........:thumbsup2

You’ll love it........it is a huge amount of fun. It’s a hoot from beginning to end........we are so looking forward to this years event........it looks amazing!

I hope you enjoy it........

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornigh...00003364&IndivKey=252058803#terror-trivia-hhn

I got an email that says they're going to have horror trivia in the app:

"Happy Halloween (Horror Nights) – my favorite time of the year! I am excited to announce an all-new way to interact with this year’s Halloween Horror Nights event – TERROR TRIVIA.

Built within The Official Universal Orlando Resort App, TERROR TRIVIA allows guests to compete against each other in 11 horror-packed levels. The trivia surrounds this year’s horrifying 10 haunted houses and includes a bonus ‘History Rewind’ level for die-hard Halloween Horror Nights fans. This level quizzes players on previous event years, haunted houses, event icons scare zones and more."

I was really surprised at just how busy it was so early last year - some of that may have been related to people coming out after the storm - and it did seem to get busier every day that first two weekends

We were there opening night last year, and a big problem that night was that the new ticket scanners were not working properly. At times, it took a minute or so to scan each ticket in the express line. It really slowed the flow. They seemed to fix it after that though.

Off topic... Last year received quite a few mediocre reviews, and there was speculation that the HHN team received less funding last year due to other park expenses. I really think they are trying to outdo themselves this year and up the bar for a quality. We still had a great time last year, but I think this year might be the best that we have attended (we started in 2012). I cannot wait to see the reviews posted in a few days!

We were there opening night last year, and a big problem that night was that the new ticket scanners were not working properly. At times, it took a minute or so to scan each ticket in the express line. It really slowed the flow. They seemed to fix it after that though.

Off topic... Last year received quite a few mediocre reviews, and there was speculation that the HHN team received less funding last year due to other park expenses. I really think they are trying to outdo themselves this year and up the bar for a quality. We still had a great time last year, but I think this year might be the best that we have attended (we started in 2012). I cannot wait to see the reviews posted in a few days!
I went the first two weekends last year - so about 6 nights - and it seemed to get better each night as they set up more and more things and more SAs were in the scare zones.
I am guessing they took a lot of things down the days before the storm and then had to rush to get it set back up
I suspect some of the SAs were dealing with more important things and were not available to work and many of the people probably had other things on their mind

So I will give last year a pass and hope it is better this year - what I have seen so far looks great.

So what is the secret? We will have 4 nights if I end up getting the ROF pass. We have AP's so we can be in the park 3 of the 4 days before HHN starts and park closes. Thursday we likely won't get into park til 9pm or so, but hoping it dies down after 11pm and we can get at least 2 or 3 of the popular houses with minimal waits...

And that ST mug is soooo mine!

I think just getting there before or right at the AP entry time is what worked for us. Also we attend an earlier date so I think crowds are a little lower than if we were to wait until later into October.

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornigh...00003364&IndivKey=252058803#terror-trivia-hhn

I got an email that says they're going to have horror trivia in the app:

"Happy Halloween (Horror Nights) – my favorite time of the year! I am excited to announce an all-new way to interact with this year’s Halloween Horror Nights event – TERROR TRIVIA.

Built within The Official Universal Orlando Resort App, TERROR TRIVIA allows guests to compete against each other in 11 horror-packed levels. The trivia surrounds this year’s horrifying 10 haunted houses and includes a bonus ‘History Rewind’ level for die-hard Halloween Horror Nights fans. This level quizzes players on previous event years, haunted houses, event icons scare zones and more."

Ah, i missed the app part, no wonder the email link didn’t work lol. Good idea to kill hehe time while in line

Is Express Pass needed in September? This is my first HHN and I'll be going from Sept 20-27th. Would EP be needed that early on?
Did you get the ROF ticket or are you going for just one night?
For one night you might be better off with express pass - but for not much more you van get the ROF ticket and get all the nights of HHN during your stay
Even then express is nice - but if you go multiple night it is less of an issue - just dont be surprised if some thing are 60-90 minutes - especially with stranger things most likely bringing in folks who have not done HHN before
I am getting the ROF ticket, but I am thinking about getting it with express - that gives you express every night you go - so for the six nights I go it is tempting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!