• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

Holy moly. We're going to DLR! :yay:pixiedust: We are going to San Diego to visit DH's family at Christmas and had debated but decided to polite pass on DLR (with me, the Disney fanatic) as we figured it would be very crowded and expensive. :worried: Then DH was replaced by an alien. And suddenly a couple weeks ago he said, "hey, what if the kids are cool with no presents from us and we cut back on Santa stuff -- we could do a day at USH or DLR." Ummmm, who are you and what have you done with my DH? So we posed it to the kids. Now they LOVED USO but after realizing USH was going to be a slimmed down offering from the plethora of USO, they jumped on DLR with reduced gifting from us. Plus I figured out with my Disney rewards, we have a substantially reduced bill. And then, the alien/DH said "there's so much to do, why don't we at least do 2 days at DLR instead of 1?" The same guy who fought me on 5 days at DLR 5 years ago that there wasn't going to be enough to do (yes, he admitted he was wrong in the end when we had compromised on 4 and he admitted it wasn't enough). :love2: Sadly, onsite hotels are a bit pricey for us, especially considering DH's recent health bills, but DH has a ton of points at Hilton so we can make that work. Plus I am an early to rise and GET.TO.THE.GATE person so hopefully we'll be okay. Already looking to see where we might want to eat and DH has put in a request with a friend who knows people to see if a rare and magical Club 33 reservation might be available (probably should not have done that right after he used all his letters in a Words With Friends match with the guy). Just 2 days at DLR for Dec. 20th and 21st but hoping to brave the crowds and make the most of every minute.:santa:

Holy moly. We're going to DLR! :yay:pixiedust: We are going to San Diego to visit DH's family at Christmas and had debated but decided to polite pass on DLR (with me, the Disney fanatic) as we figured it would be very crowded and expensive. :worried: Then DH was replaced by an alien. And suddenly a couple weeks ago he said, "hey, what if the kids are cool with no presents from us and we cut back on Santa stuff -- we could do a day at USH or DLR." Ummmm, who are you and what have you done with my DH? So we posed it to the kids. Now they LOVED USO but after realizing USH was going to be a slimmed down offering from the plethora of USO, they jumped on DLR with reduced gifting from us. Plus I figured out with my Disney rewards, we have a substantially reduced bill. And then, the alien/DH said "there's so much to do, why don't we at least do 2 days at DLR instead of 1?" The same guy who fought me on 5 days at DLR 5 years ago that there wasn't going to be enough to do (yes, he admitted he was wrong in the end when we had compromised on 4 and he admitted it wasn't enough). :love2: Sadly, onsite hotels are a bit pricey for us, especially considering DH's recent health bills, but DH has a ton of points at Hilton so we can make that work. Plus I am an early to rise and GET.TO.THE.GATE person so hopefully we'll be okay. Already looking to see where we might want to eat and DH has put in a request with a friend who knows people to see if a rare and magical Club 33 reservation might be available (probably should not have done that right after he used all his letters in a Words With Friends match with the guy). Just 2 days at DLR for Dec. 20th and 21st but hoping to brave the crowds and make the most of every minute.:santa:
Awesome!

I think Fairfield is the closest Hilton (?) property.

Our Fave is homewood suites convention center.

Awesome!

I think Fairfield is the closest Hilton (?) property.

Our Fave is homewood suites convention center.

Unfortunately Fairfield is Marriott (just booked with them). I think when I was checking the Hilton website the closest Hilton property I saw was the Hilton Anaheim, which is a bit further away than many other off-site hotels.

Unfortunately Fairfield is Marriott (just booked with them). I think when I was checking the Hilton website the closest Hilton property I saw was the Hilton Anaheim, which is a bit further away than many other off-site hotels.
Sorry.

The homewood suites is a 5 minute walk from the free toy story shuttle bus if it’s walking that bothers you. Free dinners Monday through Thursday.

It’s november! It’s november!!!
I asked my daughter yesterday if she was ready to kick Halloween to the curb and move on to November. She said "heck yes!" She likes Halloween and all. Just not as much now that she's too old for trick or treating.

Can't wait for reports of Christmas things in the parks!

The first few hints of what some of the souvie items might look like are trickling out of WDW. The Holiday Travel Mug and a Premium Popcorn bucket design have been posted. The Premium Popcorn Bucket is the same Pluto design from last year, but with a new sweater. Hopefully there will another completely new design (like this year's Oogie Boogie was the same as last year, just with different colors).

The first few hints of what some of the souvie items might look like are trickling out of WDW. The Holiday Travel Mug and a Premium Popcorn bucket design have been posted. The Premium Popcorn Bucket is the same Pluto design from last year, but with a new sweater. Hopefully there will another completely new design (like this year's Oogie Boogie was the same as last year, just with different colors).

Ugh, I hope so. I got Pluto last year. Also holding out hope for a new cool Star Wars bucket like the ATAT last year. They may hold until GE opens though.

I'm holding out hope that there will be two buckets this year (kind of like they did for Halloween). If we're lucky, they'll be a Parks Blog post about the novelty items soon, otherwise, we might get some hints when the first MVMCP happens in MK on 11/8. Otherwise, we'll have to see what folks report on the 9th at DLR! (I'm also guessing we won't see any new specialty Star Wars buckets until GE opens.)

So excited, first timer to Disneyland, arriving on Nov 8, Disneyland day, CA day on Nov 9th, first day of the Festival of the Holidays. Are the menus for the Festival of the Holidays released early? I looked at last years menu and my mouth is watering I am so excited.

What characters will have holiday dress in Cal Adventure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter