• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

Sooo..

A little birdy told me that Disneyland had a little “snow”...

Anaheim hotel Facebook page posted a picture that the castle transformation has started.
It’s starting to feel a lot like Christmas... :rolleyes1 I’m so excited! Less than 2 weeks to the start of the holiday season! :santa:

Yes! NOS is incredibly festive already! I meant to grab a picture yesterday morning after we had our final batch of pumpkin spice beignets. :sad: Excited to find out what variety they’ll have for the holidays this year. I’m hoping gingerbread instead of candy cane. :cloud9:

I'm really bummed about the nighttime entertainment cancellations. Part of why we're going is we kept hearing how awesome they all were. Is there any hope for something else cool to be offered for night entertainment in late November? Can anyone make me feel better about never having seen any of it (PTN, WOC, the fireworks that had the Coco scene) and likely never getting to? It's a long expensive flight and I'm feeling sad. :(

We've missed some things over the years since we often skip summer trips. There's always youtube. Once you see a show once during your trip, you have to fight closures and crowds camping out and noise the rest of the nights, which can get old. You'll be able to walk freely between lands, enjoying the night time atmosphere, which is our most favorite period of the day at DLR. New Orleans Square is gorgeous at night during the holidays, and you won't have F! battling for attention as you walk through.

Don't get me wrong, we love the shows and see them every trip, but I love DLR without the shows just as much.

Yes! NOS is incredibly festive already! I meant to grab a picture yesterday morning after we had our final batch of pumpkin spice beignets. :sad: Excited to find out what variety they’ll have for the holidays this year. I’m hoping gingerbread instead of candy cane. :cloud9:
Me too. I’m not a big candy cane fan but I love gingerbread!!

Me too. I’m not a big candy cane fan but I love gingerbread!!

Did they even have any holiday beignets offered last year? I know when we asked during our lunch at Cafe Orleans we were told there weren’t any. I know there was in 2015 as that was the first time we tried them! Were they just offered at the quick service across NOS?

Did they even have any holiday beignets offered last year? I know when we asked during our lunch at Cafe Orleans we were told there weren’t any. I know there was in 2015 as that was the first time we tried them! Were they just offered at the quick service across NOS?
I wasn’t there for Christmas last year as we usually go in August but Casey at Disneyland Daily said the 2017 flavour was candy cane and that they’re available at the Mint Julep Bar in NOS. I guess that’s the only place to get them? I don’t really like peppermint so I’m hoping for gingerbread this year.

They did have the candy cane beignets last year (and in 2016) at the Mint Julep Bar. I was also very surprised that they weren't available at Cafe Orleans, but that seems to be the ways things are going (the Halloween flavor wasn't available at Cafe Orleans this year either). I really liked the candy cane ones (the candy canes weren't completely pulverized, so you could still see distinct bits and it gave the beignet a slight crunch occasionally).

As a side note, a fair amount of the holiday merchandise was added to the ShopParks App and ShopDisney.com website. Before ordering, make sure to check to see if the clothing says "Walt Disney World" or "Disneyland Resort" on it (I've found that WDW is more common).

I wasn’t there for Christmas last year as we usually go in August but Casey at Disneyland Daily said the 2017 flavour was candy cane and that they’re available at the Mint Julep Bar in NOS. I guess that’s the only place to get them? I don’t really like peppermint so I’m hoping for gingerbread this year.

They did have the candy cane beignets last year (and in 2016) at the Mint Julep Bar. I was also very surprised that they weren't available at Cafe Orleans, but that seems to be the ways things are going (the Halloween flavor wasn't available at Cafe Orleans this year either). I really liked the candy cane ones (the candy canes weren't completely pulverized, so you could still see distinct bits and it gave the beignet a slight crunch occasionally).

As a side note, a fair amount of the holiday merchandise was added to the ShopParks App and ShopDisney.com website. Before ordering, make sure to check to see if the clothing says "Walt Disney World" or "Disneyland Resort" on it (I've found that WDW is more common).

Thanks both, I will update my snack list! I thought because we were told at Cafe Orleans they had none this year, it meant park wide. As that is where had them as a dessert in 2015. Upset we didn’t get any last year but it will definitely be put right in a few weeks! And I wouldn’t mind having gingerbread as a change too.

Reserved parade viewing question..

Im debating canceling our reservation. Reading the fine print it says “reserved area is standing room only”

I was hoping to sit!

Attachments

• 2ABF9B7B-1874-41AB-AEA6-1333C5296E3D.jpeg
    2ABF9B7B-1874-41AB-AEA6-1333C5296E3D.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 19
Reserved parade viewing question..

Im debating canceling our reservation. Reading the fine print it says “reserved area is standing room only”

I was hoping to sit!

I am having the same thoughts after I read that last weekend. I’m going to hang on and see if we get any reviews about it before I cancel. But yeah, standing room only isn’t really a perk unless they can promise no one will be standing in front of me.

"I spoke with a Dine Line CM yesterday -- she confirmed that they have been told that WOC will not be returning any time before the end of this year. They have not been given any time frame for a return next year. She was very sympathetic and wished she had better news for us here."

Dang it, was really hoping to book a WOC package :( and do the dessert party again. Thanks for the info, I will move along and not worry about it now. Thanks for the info.

Just returned from the parks. Was there Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Each day we saw new Christmas decorations added around the park and more merchandise in the shops on Main Street!

Has anyone been in the parks on Dec 24? Would you eat at QS locations for lunch or would it be too busy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter