"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the weather usually like on Halloween night? We usually go early May when it's hot, but not humid during the day and like mid 70s at night. The only other time we've been is early December and we sometimes need gloves in the mornings. I have an Anna costume, but I'm worried I might be a little warm until the sun goes down.. (it's long sleeved)

What is the weather usually like on Halloween night? We usually go early May when it's hot, but not humid during the day and like mid 70s at night. The only other time we've been is early December and we sometimes need gloves in the mornings. I have an Anna costume, but I'm worried I might be a little warm until the sun goes down.. (it's long sleeved)

Former Floridian here, October can be kind of a wild card. Sometimes it's still pretty humid and rainy, figure hurricane season goes until November down there. But sometimes it's lovely. We were from south Florida, so Orlando is generally about 10 degrees cooler than Miami, still, it is a swamp.

So, how do you experienced party goers handle transporting the candy home? We are staying at Poly and I had planned on MK for our last day (our flight isn't until 7PM) - this wasn't a problem because I could have just kept our stuff at the hotel. Now, I'm thinking of changing to AK in the afternoon of the last day....we also normally have a car and I'm thinking of changing out for using Lyft/Uber. Any thoughts? If I send my luggage through the Resort Airline Check-In would we be okay (we will be at Ohana for a 10AM (or hopefully 11) ressie so I wouldn't give it to them until later. (FYI, going to the first October party)
I would recommend an insolated bag to help keep the chocolate "cool". Put the candy in the freezer overnight will help keep it from melting if it ends up in a heated area too long. We took home a lot of candy the last time we went. We had a 9 hour car ride home and did the above, covered the insulated bag with a blanket to protect it from the sun and it was fine when we got back home.

The Haunted Mansion, Hitch Hiking Ghosts and the Hatbox Ghost are from my collection.
Ha! Added those just for fun!
upload_2017-8-15_19-3-12-png.262085

Thanks for the photos of the HM festivities - AND your cool stuff!

We got a ton of candy last time we were at MNSSHP - staying late and giving glow bracelets to CMs resulted in handfuls at each station. We're going twice this time but I'm not worried as I'm bringing dozens of little gifts with me for the children in our party, and plan to bring candy back in its place!

Whaaaa?!?
Lol the time before that was 26 pounds. We brought backpacks and dumped our little trick or treat bags bags into the backpacks when the little trick or treat bags were full. My mom and I are both teachers and needless to say we didn't need to buy candy for the kids in our classes that year nor did we have to buy candy to give out the the trick or treaters.

Lol the time before that was 26 pounds. We brought backpacks and dumped our little trick or treat bags bags into the backpacks when the little trick or treat bags were full. My mom and I are both teachers and needless to say we didn't need to buy candy for the kids in our classes that year nor did we have to buy candy to give out the the trick or treaters.
we did the same. It was 3 years ago so I can't remember exactly how much but we left with but it was 2 or 3 full sized back packs. They were 10lbs each so 20-30lbs of candy. 2 adults 3 teens. We didn't even bother with the little bags. We had cinch sacks and the back packs as our T-OR-T bags. We went on a low attendance night and from what we were told, the CMs are encouraged to get rid of their candy by the end of the night so we did not feel the least bit guilty :-). We didn't have to buy any Halloween candy that year. The kids took what they wanted and we used the rest for the kids in the neighborhood (we have about 300-500 kids on Halloween depending on whether kids get driven into the neighborhood on the weekend, so it can get expensive!

It can be a little warm in the beginning but it does cool down when it gets dark. If you take the boat at night it will be a cold ride. Seriously recommend bringing a least a sweater especially for the kids.

I've been to MNSSHP on Halloween night once and about two days before on another year. Both times were rather humid, I was pretty surprised how humid it was compared to how I expected it to be. Just expect it to be humid and prepare for it. By no means is it as bad as September, though.

Another Tamatoa costume update to share with you all. It will be the final one because...it is done! And one week from tomorrow I'll be wearing it at MNSSHP! I think it came out awesome but I cannot take any credit, it was all the wife's doing.

You're so SHINY!!!! Love it!

And now I have that song stuck in my head. Thanks for that.

I've been to MNSSHP on Halloween night once and about two days before on another year. Both times were rather humid, I was pretty surprised how humid it was compared to how I expected it to be. Just expect it to be humid and prepare for it. By no means is it as bad as September, though.

Thanks! We are from SC and can deal with the humidity (though we'd rather not) LOL Halloween can be warm here some years too so I guess I should've figured the same for Florida. I'm going to have to pack multiple closets for this trip :rotfl:

Thanks! We are from SC and can deal with the humidity (though we'd rather not) LOL Halloween can be warm here some years too so I guess I should've figured the same for Florida. I'm going to have to pack multiple closets for this trip :rotfl:

Where in SC do you live?

Former Floridian here, October can be kind of a wild card. Sometimes it's still pretty humid and rainy, figure hurricane season goes until November down there. But sometimes it's lovely. We were from south Florida, so Orlando is generally about 10 degrees cooler than Miami, still, it is a swamp.

Our weather in SC is the same way in October.. sometimes it's mild fall weather other times it's winter. It's good to know October can be nice in Florida.. hopefully we get lucky. I guess it will be one of those trips where I stalk the weather forecast and wait to pack a couple of days before we leave :)

It can be a little warm in the beginning but it does cool down when it gets dark. If you take the boat at night it will be a cold ride. Seriously recommend bringing a least a sweater especially for the kids.

I'm hoping it gets a little cooler at night! My Anna costume is the one from party city that is long sleeved with the shoulder cape/cloak. Hopefully I can make it till sunset without getting too warm :)

Sorry if this was asked before but what happens IF my scheduled party date gets cancelled due to rain. Not sure this happened but curious. Will they refund or give tix to another day that I can attend during my trip. Just curious. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter