"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where should we head first once the party starts? We will line up for Belle/Gaston pre-party, so once that is over we are debating which area to go for rides. Will tomorrowland empty out or will there still be regular park guests?

Also, does MDE continue to update wait times during the party?

What special effects does HM have during the party? We haven't been to MNSSHP in a few years but I don't remember anything being different and I know that we rode once during the day and once during the party.

Madame Carlotta and Madame Renata both take turns entertaining guests while seated on the lawn in front of the attraction for the evening. The graveyards are out to kill it with special lighting and filled with fog. I'm not sure if they still have piped in sound effects but the CM's are there to greet you "There's always room for one more...."

upload_2017-8-15_19-0-13.png

The Haunted Mansion, Hitch Hiking Ghosts and the Hatbox Ghost are from my collection.
Ha! Added those just for fun! upload_2017-8-15_19-3-12.png

We are planning a trip in mid-October, and are going to MNSSHP on a Thursday night. We generally are not character people, but I LOVE Belle, and especially Village Belle (or as I call her, Blue Dress Belle). I'll be with my two sons, who will have almost NO patience for me to wait to meet her. Any strategies on the best time to meet her, and how long I can expect to wait? Thanks!!

Where should we head first once the party starts? We will line up for Belle/Gaston pre-party, so once that is over we are debating which area to go for rides. Will tomorrowland empty out or will there still be regular park guests?

Also, does MDE continue to update wait times during the party?

No, day guests will not be allowed to enter an attraction if they don't have a party wristband after 7 pm on party nights. So most of the day guests should be cleared out when you are finished with Belle and Gaston.

MDE will update ride times, so I'd just check that when you're done and decide where to go from there.

We are planning a trip in mid-October, and are going to MNSSHP on a Thursday night. We generally are not character people, but I LOVE Belle, and especially Village Belle (or as I call her, Blue Dress Belle). I'll be with my two sons, who will have almost NO patience for me to wait to meet her. Any strategies on the best time to meet her, and how long I can expect to wait? Thanks!!

If that is your only character, I'd be lining up around 6 or 6:15. You want to be in the first group to meet them because they do take breaks. They also take a long time interacting with everyone. Last year when I met her it took a bit over an hour because we had to wait through one break time and the line is always long. How old are your sons? Would you trust them to go do a couple rides while you are waiting?

If they are too young to do rides while you wait, you might want to consider getting a counter service dinner to go and eating it while you wait in line, that will keep them occupied for a bit.

Are you going to Epcot? I'm pretty sure she meets in that dress in France. It might be easier to meet her there and get that knocked out.

Oh, so will you take turns holding the balloons for rides? I heard they aren't allowed on the rides and such :(
lol I'm so interested because I really want one of the balloons but there's only two of us so I'll have to wait til the end of the party to get it (if they sell them during the parties). BUT if you figured out a clever way to manage them, I'd be quite interested ::yes::
We're not big ride people because DH has a back injury that precludes him from most of the more intense rides. I really hadn't given much thought to the balloon on the rides. I'll definitely have to think about that because we would like to ride HM during the party.

Going to wdw in 2 weeks. I purchased a 3 day park hopper and a separate ticket for the Halloween party. I thought the party ticket allowed you three fast passes between 4-6? I was able to book them on the party night but unable to put any fast passes in for my 4th night - which makes me think they used the 3 day hopper pass for the night of the halloween party fast passes. Am I doing something wrong?

Going to wdw in 2 weeks. I purchased a 3 day park hopper and a separate ticket for the Halloween party. I thought the party ticket allowed you three fast passes between 4-6? I was able to book them on the party night but unable to put any fast passes in for my 4th night - which makes me think they used the 3 day hopper pass for the night of the halloween party fast passes. Am I doing something wrong?

Try booking all your park days first then go back and add your FP's to party ticket. This issue has been reported many times.

I posted yesterday that you're allowed to book two FPs between 4:00-5:30 with a party ticket. The system will let you pick three but I was told by two different CMs at the internet help desk that only the two will be available. Those FPs shouldn't affect what you do for your other days.

Try booking all your park days first then go back and add your FP's to party ticket. This issue has been reported many times.
That sort of worked - when I went back to put my fast passes in for the party, it only allowed one, saying they overlap time. Well, at least I got one - Thanks!

I posted yesterday that you're allowed to book two FPs between 4:00-5:30 with a party ticket. The system will let you pick three but I was told by two different CMs at the internet help desk that only the two will be available. Those FPs shouldn't affect what you do for your other days.
We did the party 2 years ago and were able to use all 3 fast passes, so I would still try :)

I'm not sure if you read through this thread over here but we've been told many things by one department. It's crazy! I agree, I would try to secure three.

What I don't understand if if I only have a 6 day ticket why does MDE let me make 7 days worth of FP+? I know my stay is from Sunday to Sunday but shouldn't my ticket be hte limiting factor?

We did the party 2 years ago and were able to use all 3 fast passes, so I would still try :)

I'm not sure if you read through this thread over here but we've been told many things by one department. It's crazy! I agree, I would try to secure three.

Oh I've read and heard a lot of what's going on in regards to this. I literally just talked to two CMs at the internet help desk on Monday about this. They had a meeting about this and they both said that any FP made before 4:00 will most likely be canceled and any FP ending after 6:30 will be canceled as well. They both said that you can always talk to guest services at MK if you have any issues with this but I don't want to stand in line and waste time for a FP when I could be doing other things. Will you be able to use all 3 with no issues? Maybe but I'd rather be safe and not have any issues when I get to a ride/attraction and be told that the FP has been canceled. We're just driving down for the party so we only have 8 hours total to do as much as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter