******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about historically, but we went last year and got FD at POR. We were in a royal room though if that makes a difference. That's probably how we got the FD.
I think the normal exceptions are POFQ and the AOA little Mermaid suits, but then again those suits are the same rooms as POP right across the lake.

That would be really disappointing. FD is what makes the trip affordable for us. Right now we're tentatively September 9 - 16th. Hopefully we can get FD in some capacity since we're very flexible on resorts (basically any values or moderates are okay, depending on total cost).
When I booked my bounce back Sept 9th was included in the deal. So if that is the case, that one single day will allow you to have the deal.

Yup. :) You can book your resort up to 14 nights and only get 2 day tickets if you wish.
I thought you had to have three days of tickets. But then again things are changing every year. I know when I started this you didn't have to have park hopper or a beach ticket. Just hotel and park tickets.

I thought you had to have three days of tickets. But then again things are changing every year. I know when I started this you didn't have to have park hopper or a beach ticket. Just hotel and park tickets.
We have an AP and we always purchase two day tickets for FD.

Joining in...kicking myself that we didn't book the BB offer when we were there in October but I wasn't happy with the dates offered and it was crazy long wait times when I tried to call. Then the hurricane hit and I gave up! I'm really hoping an offer comes out soon and it includes October!

I don't know if this thread is making my stress better or worse. I'm booked for Sep, and just booked our ADR because we're 180 days out. I can't take the suspense!

Following this thread!

My husband and I were holding out for free dining BUT Costco had a really great offer for the Swan & Dolphin resorts and they don't participate in the dining plan, so decision was made for us. We have never been to Disney when it was decorated for Christmas, so that was kind of a must for us. Booked 11/28-12/6. Previously we have only stayed at POP.
It's beautiful at Christmas!

We have an AP and we always purchase two day tickets for FD.
I was told on another thread that if you have an AP, you don't need to buy the PH pass in order to qualify for a FD offer....you seem to be saying that's not the way it works????

I don't know if this thread is making my stress better or worse. I'm booked for Sep, and just booked our ADR because we're 180 days out. I can't take the suspense!
ME too! I'm also booked for early September, I have most of my trip paid for including flights!!

Did you get all the ADR's you wanted?

You absolutely have to book a package with tickets for FD.
Well, if that's true, after spending $800 for the AP last fall, (going up to even more this year) to be required to spend an additional $250 for 2 days, ($350 for 3 days) for PH tickets, that pretty much reduces any value of the FD substantially.

Well, if that's true, after spending $800 for the AP last fall, (going up to even more this year) to be required to spend an additional $250 for 2 days, ($350 for 3 days) for PH tickets, that pretty much reduces any value of the FD substantially.
Save your tickets for another time. That's what we do.

Another frustration is having to wait to book plane tickets. If I see a good deal and we don't know what dates we have to book, that's added expenses to the trip. And...when this site is being finicky...like today with the storm...ugh!

Save your tickets for another time. That's what we do.
We have Annual Passes...don't need additional tickets...for another time. We do have a Basic Package booked for fall, but don't need tickets. We plan to get the Dining Plan, but if we can snag FD that would be great. However, since we will be there in October, it's doubtful our dates will be included anyway.

We have Annual Passes...don't need additional tickets...for another time. We do have a Basic Package booked for fall, but don't need tickets. We plan to get the Dining Plan, but if we can snag FD that would be great. However, since we will be there in October, it's doubtful our dates will be included anyway.

You can use your two day tickets after your AP expires and then upgrade them to an AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter