******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another frustration is having to wait to book plane tickets. If I see a good deal and we don't know what dates we have to book, that's added expenses to the trip. And...when this site is being finicky...like today with the storm...ugh!
I know. I just booked our flights last week and then checked this week and 100 cheaper...UGH

The airlines are sort of like Disney...we have to keep looking and GUESS what dates may be cheaper!
Amen. I had to book through American Airlinies and actually Expedia has a redeye one way. I had to book the layover one because the one way wasn't available. Now I have to call to see if its even available.

When I booked my bounce back Sept 9th was included in the deal. So if that is the case, that one single day will allow you to have the deal.
We had originally scheduled for the 10th through the 17th, but moved it to the 9th through 16th based on the BB offer. Hoping for the best, but we are going either way!

I know it doesn't help if you've already booked your flights but with Southwest they don't charge a fee to change it so you can book your flight then go back if the price has lowered and change and either get your money back or get an account credit.
i would fly sothwest but more expensive and no red eyes

I know that with the airlines they charge $200 per ticket to change it, unless you call back with a lower price within 24 hours.

That all depends on the individual airline and oftentimes what level of ticket you book. You can change Southwest tickets for cheaper ones without any fee at all--you just get the difference back in a credit instead of cash. That works for some people, not for others. I believe Jetblue is $75 to change. Each airline is different! Everyone needs to know the details of where they're booking when they buy the tickets!

good luck everyone, pixie dust IS out there! We booked for CBR bounce back for Sept 9-20. After thinking about this, we were going to switch to FD @ AsSp, it actually came out cheaper out of pocket upgrading from AsSp free QS dining plan to the DxDP versus upgrading from CBR free regular dining plan to the DxDP, we just aren't in the room enough and I would rather spend the extra money somewhere else! So, I was looking on the Disney website and noticed the CBR was going to be going through refurbishment and offering a gift card incentive. Even with the gift card incentive, FD @ AsSp was still cheaper what we were paying out of pocket than the CBR with the gift card incentive... with the DxDP, we have all the food and snacks we need, lol. So, before modifying , I read how some people were getting free upgrades to different resorts versus taking the gift card incentive. so I thought I would call for the heck of it and see what I could get... so glad I did, we now have the regular FD bounce back @ SSR 2 bedroom villa....NO ADDITIONAL COST!!! So, now, 4 of us are staying @ the SSR 2 Bedroom Villas for the cost of CBR Free Dining bounce back.. we were able to cancel an additional room @ CBR for the other 2 guests and add them to our reservation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we did NOT want 4 people in just one hotel room so we had 2 rooms booked). We will be using MANY snack credits at the F&W festival and doing sit down breakfasts and signature dining each day. Pixie dust is out there! We managed to all get free flights on SW using rapid reward points...........

That all depends on the individual airline and oftentimes what level of ticket you book. You can change Southwest tickets for cheaper ones without any fee at all--you just get the difference back in a credit instead of cash. That works for some people, not for others. I believe Jetblue is $75 to change. Each airline is different! Everyone needs to know the details of where they're booking when they buy the tickets!
I called during my lunch and they said that the flights are only during thur and sun. That makes sense to me. But I think the flight on expdia is going to be canceled. The agent thought so too.

good luck everyone, pixie dust IS out there! We booked for CBR bounce back for Sept 9-20. After thinking about this, we were going to switch to FD @ AsSp, it actually came out cheaper out of pocket upgrading from AsSp free QS dining plan to the DxDP versus upgrading from CBR free regular dining plan to the DxDP, we just aren't in the room enough and I would rather spend the extra money somewhere else! So, I was looking on the Disney website and noticed the CBR was going to be going through refurbishment and offering a gift card incentive. Even with the gift card incentive, FD @ AsSp was still cheaper what we were paying out of pocket than the CBR with the gift card incentive... with the DxDP, we have all the food and snacks we need, lol. So, before modifying , I read how some people were getting free upgrades to different resorts versus taking the gift card incentive. so I thought I would call for the heck of it and see what I could get... so glad I did, we now have the regular FD bounce back @ SSR 2 bedroom villa....NO ADDITIONAL COST!!! So, now, 4 of us are staying @ the SSR 2 Bedroom Villas for the cost of CBR Free Dining bounce back.. we were able to cancel an additional room @ CBR for the other 2 guests and add them to our reservation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we did NOT want 4 people in just one hotel room so we had 2 rooms booked). We will be using MANY snack credits at the F&W festival and doing sit down breakfasts and signature dining each day. Pixie dust is out there! We managed to all get free flights on SW using rapid reward points...........
Wow. That is so awesome....That is a great deal.

Joining in...kicking myself that we didn't book the BB offer when we were there in October but I wasn't happy with the dates offered and it was crazy long wait times when I tried to call. Then the hurricane hit and I gave up! I'm really hoping an offer comes out soon and it includes October!

We weren't thrilled with the dates either so didn't do the bounce back. Figured I'd roll the dice and wait for the FD offer. We try to go right before or after thanksgiving and miss most of the big crowds. If we don't get free didning we will probably still go and just scale back and pass on character meals this year.

Did you call the BB number to change? Or regular reservation line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter