November Challenge

I have done 6 more pages, so that brings me to 20.

ToDisney...I don't do CM! :)

ToDisney,

Definitely NOT a CM styler here. I will do some simple layouts and have on a few occasions been known to borrow from CM ideas like simple borders or the Corner triangle block thingies. But my books are top loads, I love to wallpaper my pages, etc.

I did use the Power Layout box before the crop Sat. and had 18 pages layed out going in to that day. But even that I didn't use "as recommended". Although the photos were cropped and laid out, I still was choosing my paper, etc. as I went. The main advantage to that tool is thinking through a larger set of layouts as I was working on at that time.

Deb

I don't use the CM style. The only CM thing I own is the Mickey head album which I used for my Hidden Mickey pictures. After that experience, I know the CM albums are not for me. Their cutting system is on my Santa list.

I do typically use more simple designs in my layouts. I like clean lines and not too much fuss. I do use eyelets and brads on most of my layouts and use different stamps. My friend is a Stampin' Up consultant, so at her last crop I used a lot of her tools to create background papers and frames. I don't typically emboss and all that at home, so it gave me a chance to do it and use her stuff! :teeth:

In order to save time, I bought a lot of different size papers at Hobby Lobby - 5x7; 4x6, 12x12 borders; 3x5; 2x2 squares and those pre-cut sizes help me create a colorblocked layout pretty quick. I also sort my pictures as soon as I develop them so I can quickly see what layouts I have left to do.

It also helps if you are home alone for an entire weekend with nothing to do but scrap! ::yes::

Maybe you guys should have lied to me... LOL! I knew I was slow, but I figured if most of you did CM that was the reason... now I know I'm just REALLY slow... LOL!!

ToDisney - My speed (please don't count this month) is due to the Power Layouts. You do not have to use a CM style to use Power Layouts. As Deb said, you don't even have to follow th PL system 100% to benefit from it. The most important thing is that you can visualize how you photos will be laid out intoo your album and see you 2 page spreads for the whole event you are scrapping. This saves so much time and worrying how things will fall together at the end for me. If you feel like you're too slow, you may want to check it out.

Overall, who cares if it takes you longer than others. We each have our own styles and if you're happy with the end product and you're making progress, that's what counts!

:eek: You mean an "event" is only supposed to take 2 pages Carrie?????

I'm in trouble then as most of mine are WAAAAYYYYY more than that! LOL!!!!

Deb

OK, the harder I try to make things clear, the muddier they get!

2 pages can be less than 2 minutes of time in some cases. I wanted to say how you can see the whole album laid out. But, it's not necessarily the whole album.

I work by "event" in general, which could be an event (vacation, day at the zoo, weekend at grandmas....) or series of events (Christmas from several years).

Basically, you take the stack of photos that go together in the same album and see how and where they fit and where page breaks and 2 page layouts can be. So, I may have 1 page events, but usually, it's a series of 2 page LOs.

Clear as mud? Really, it's easier to do than talk about!

I've been gone for a couple months from the challenge but I am back in. Must say that I have missed it. I have been scrapping a little more this month because of fooball and less to do family-wise on the weekends. Plus I have completely giving up on my house. Why bother to clean it when we are all gone everyday and no one else cares the little we are home. LOL

With that said my goal is to finish my mom's first book. I started in the 1920's and I am now in the 1960's. I have 7 more pages to complete and the book will be full. My parents are coming for Thanksgiving and I want it done and out of my house. Of course, that means she'll just bring #2 of her 19 for me to do. AH, a daughter's work is never done.

Not sure how many pages I have done this month. I am at school, it is my plannin time, and I have not been counting. For the first time this week we have nothing going on tonight. I will count and post tonight or tomorrow.

cobbler = 20
wtpclc = 0/1 (I haven't seen any updates from you yet)
pattyT = 0
ToDisney = 20
FantasticDisFamily = 29
Beanie = 20
Pjlla = 6
Alice28 = 23
jennz = 0
TonyS20 = 60
spinning = 6
bigbabyblues = 18

Looks like we have a lot of catching up to do to compete with TonyS :)

No update. My time at home has been non-existant. Just ask my dh (if he remembers who I am). I hope to recover this weekend and get some accomplished. I do have 16 pages in my book, but I don't journal 'til it's all in the book. I hope to finish getting them in and start journaling this weekend.

10 more for me....I'm now at 33 and I'm up to about age 10 in my father in law's scrapbook!!!!! :teeth:

I cannot believe that today is the 18th and I just now saw this post for the November challenge!! Is it too late to jump in? If so, that's ok b/c I will come in last place anway I think but I like to try. If it's ok, put me down for 6 pages. I know that's nothing compared to some of you guys but I'm trying! I have a goal....
I want to have our Orlando vacation completely scrapped and in albums by Christmas. This way I can take it w/me when we go to friends and families house for Christmas dinner and get togethers. Right now I'm on Day 4 which is Epcot. Don't have too many pictures here but next will be Blizzard Beach and then our 2nd day at MK. I have ALOT of that day. THEN we moved over to the Embassy Suites on I-Drive and spent a day at Sea World and a day at Universal studios. Took a total of 19 rolls of pictures!!! Yea, I know.......I need a digital camera!! Maybe Santa is listening!! :wave:
Have a great day!!
Karen

I have done 4 more pages for a total of 24! :) Should have some more done after Thanksgiving is gone! :)

2 more for a total of 30 and that's probably it for me. We're gone all next week.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am thrilled! I completed 15 pages! I finally finished my DD school year from 2003-04 now I am finishing up DS! Who knows! Maybe done by Thanksgiving!

Just realized I forgot 2 pages so my total is 17! I am getting ready to start scrapping now...so here's hoping!

I did two more last night, so I am at 35...hope to get more done today.

I did get more done...my sweet neighbors let my boys go over and play X-Box for two hours...I got 6 more pages done and got to DIS in peace. :D Now my almost 7 year old and 3 year old REALLY want an X Box! Since DS7 is getting a Game Boy next Sunday for his birthday, I think not...maybe in another year or two. I really want to wait as long as I can until we get one of those things.

Anyway, up to 41 pages and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this book! I'm up to the high school years!!! Yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter