So as a follow-up...I read the blog/comments on TP discussing the change in fall crowd predictions...basically the TP guy said the changes were due to them adjusting the inflation they had built in for SWGE prior to its opening based on the actual results they have seen thus far. So take what you will from that explanation...just thought I would post since I was the one that brought it up on here!

Getting the TP crowd prediction email prompted me to come here to post a question. I also don’t put much reliance in them and like a PP said, the difference between a 4 and a 5 could you even tell? I do look at them though and wanted to ask an opinion of anyone else going the week of Nov 17! Which days are you doing which parks?

We originally planned to do EPCOT on Wed 11/20 and DHS on Thursday 11/21. We have ADRs planned accordingly and chose it that way to avoid EPCOT on Thurs which in morning EMH. However, the TP email suddenly has DHS as a level 2 on Wed (which was the planned Epcot day) and the rest of the week it’s a 4 or higher. So since that’s not super reliable & not a huge difference, should we just keep it the way it is? I don’t know that we could change all of our ADRs? And fast passes! Ugh, I’m talking myself out of it, haha!

Devils advocate, though, we have a little one who wakes up before 6:00am daily, so going to EPCOT on the morning EMH day would give us more park time before his nap, but how much more crowded would it be on an EMH vs non EMH day? I just don’t know if that extra hour of time is worth trying to change all our ADRs and Fastpasses? Someone please tell me if it is!

Personally, at this point, I wouldn't change plans based on the predicted CL changes. That said, I also had an initial gut reaction when I saw the new CL predictions for HS on 11/21 (Thurs) versus 11/19 (Tues). Up until FP day, we had a toss-up between those two days for HS vs MK -- we ultimately opted for HS on Thursday and MK on Tuesday so that we'd be picking FPs for HS farther out in our trip. I kicked my initial gut reaction to this morning's TP CL changes email and am once again feeling good about our scheduled days.

FWIW, this will be our third year in a row going to WDW the week before Thanksgiving week (of course, sometimes that has fallen the same week at Veterans Day) and, prior to this year, we've always done Epcot on the Wednesday...and it's always been fantastic crowd-wise. This year, we've opted to switch things up and try Animal Kingdom on 11/20. Last year, it was stupidly hot that Wednesday and we eventually bailed in favor of swimming back at our resort (my kids and husband had totally had enough)...but it was SOOO tough to leave because the crowds were the lowest I had seen them in years at Epcot. At the same time, Food & Wine Festival had ended that Monday, so part of the low crowds may have been due to it being Diet Epcot (I was really hoping for a week of Diet Epcot this year -- in between F&W and Festival of the Holidays -- before they extended F&W dates).

Personally, at this point, I wouldn't change plans based on the predicted CL changes. That said, I also had an initial gut reaction when I saw the new CL predictions for HS on 11/21 (Thurs) versus 11/19 (Tues). Up until FP day, we had a toss-up between those two days for HS vs MK -- we ultimately opted for HS on Thursday and MK on Tuesday so that we'd be picking FPs for HS farther out in our trip. I kicked my initial gut reaction to this morning's TP CL changes email and am once again feeling good about our scheduled days.

FWIW, this will be our third year in a row going to WDW the week before Thanksgiving week (of course, sometimes that has fallen the same week at Veterans Day) and, prior to this year, we've always done Epcot on the Wednesday...and it's always been fantastic crowd-wise. This year, we've opted to switch things up and try Animal Kingdom on 11/20. Last year, it was stupidly hot that Wednesday and we eventually bailed in favor of swimming back at our resort (my kids and husband had totally had enough)...but it was SOOO tough to leave because the crowds were the lowest I had seen them in years at Epcot. At the same time, Food & Wine Festival had ended that Monday, so part of the low crowds may have been due to it being Diet Epcot (I was really hoping for a week of Diet Epcot this year -- in between F&W and Festival of the Holidays -- before they extended F&W dates).
I think we may have a few days the same. :)
We are doing: (We have CL FPs so FPs for both parks Wed-Fri)
Mon 18 evening MK FPs and HEA dessert party, possibly DAH
Tues 19 MK 10-2, MVMCP
Wed 20 AK 10-2, Epcot 6- Frozen dessert party
Thur 21 DHS, Epcot, back to DHS for Dinner and F! (DS requested F!)
Fri 22 Epcot GG PPO, DHS evening for JBJB
Sat 23 DHS possibly, Epcot for lunch and to get my AP stuff :) Leave for MCO around 4.

I would not change plans made for TP CL changes. Who knows what it'll actually be. :)

Edit: MVMCP not MNSSHP, and JBJB. :)

Last edited:
So I got an email today from TP that the crowd levels for my Nov dates have went down (pretty much across the board-all parks all dates). I was super excited at first bc I thought the email was to notify change in park hours but of course not! I don’t put a ton of stock in crowd calendars (would a 4 vs 5 even matter anyways?!) but I guess this is good news. Just curious if anyone else got an email about their dates and any idea what prompted change in crowds?
I got my email, too.....and was initially excited thinking it was the hours. My dates are close to Thanksgiving so, was surprised they went down any.

Tues 19 MK 10-2, MNSSHP
Fri 22 Epcot GG PPO, DHS evening for JBMB
Sat 23 DHS possibly, Epcot for lunch and to get my AP stuff :) Leave for MCO around 4.

I would not change plans made for TP CL changes. Who knows what it'll actually be. :)

We have tickets for the Frozen dessert party on the 20th also! 😊

It's just me and my 7 yr old son this trip, I am guessing we will be seated with others. We went with DH last January and they seated us with 2 very nice ladies.
How many are in your group?

It’s 3 of us. My husband, myself, and my 7(almost 8) year old daughter! It will be her birthday. 😊
Maybe they’ll seat us together since our kids are about the same age!

Tues 19 MK 10-2, MVMCP

The only thing we have in common that week is the "possibly DAH" lol

It’s 3 of us. My husband, myself, and my 7(almost 8) year old daughter! It will be her birthday. 😊
Maybe they’ll seat us together since our kids are about the same age!
How crazy if they do! Very fun for your daughter, btw, on her Birthday!
Nothing better than Birthdays at Disney!!! :goodvibes

Tues 19 MK 10-2, MVMCP

Thank you both!! Great to hear past experience from the same week!

Sounds like we’ll all have some of the same days!
MK Tuesday
EPCOT Wednesday
DHS Thursday

Thank you both!! Great to hear past experience from the same week!

Sounds like we’ll all have some of the same days!
MK Tuesday
EPCOT Wednesday
DHS Thursday

Yeah, @TISHLOVESDISNEY and @SRUAlmn, we'll have some overlap. We've got:
Sat, 11/16 = Disney Springs, Resort (Coronado) and *maybe* pop into AK that evening for a few rides on Everest
Sun, 11/17 = MK morning, EP afternoon
Mon, 11/18 = Epcot
Tues, 11/19 = MK (not attending MVMCP)
Wed, 11/20 = AK
Thur, 11/21 = HS (still deciding between F! and JBJB; my girls and husband have never seen F!, we all saw JBJB the year it debuted and thought "meh," but I've read that it has improved)
Fri, 11/22 = MK morning, Trattoria Al Forno brunch, EP/Disney Springs/Resort afternoon & evening (we'll be playing our afternoon and evening by ear)
Sat, 11/23 = Boma brunch before heading for home

@TISHLOVESDISNEY -- Yay for CL FastPasses!!! And, that's great that you'll be doing the HEA Dessert Party. After doing it last November, I'm absolutely spoiled and I really don't think I'll watch HEA during party season (ever?!) without it.

Yeah, @TISHLOVESDISNEY and @SRUAlmn, we'll have some overlap. We've got:
Sat, 11/16 = Disney Springs, Resort (Coronado) and *maybe* pop into AK that evening for a few rides on Everest
Sun, 11/17 = MK morning, EP afternoon
Mon, 11/18 = Epcot
Tues, 11/19 = MK (not attending MVMCP)
Wed, 11/20 = AK
Thur, 11/21 = HS (still deciding between F! and JBJB; my girls and husband have never seen F!, we all saw JBJB the year it debuted and thought "meh," but I've read that it has improved)
Fri, 11/22 = MK morning, Trattoria Al Forno brunch, EP/Disney Springs/Resort afternoon & evening (we'll be playing our afternoon and evening by ear)
Sat, 11/23 = Boma brunch before heading for home

@TISHLOVESDISNEY -- Yay for CL FastPasses!!! And, that's great that you'll be doing the HEA Dessert Party. After doing it last November, I'm absolutely spoiled and I really don't think I'll watch HEA during party season (ever?!) without it.
Yes, I am a big fan of HEA dessert party. We didn't do it in August, and missed it. :)
I have a lot of dessert parties this trip. :o

I'm always reluctant to book one.. do you love them??
I use a combination of relative crowds and uniqueness of the offering to decide if I'm going to do a dessert party. I have a Jingle Jam planned for Nov as I've never done one, and a MK one during Christmas because 'omg the crowds!' and I want a good view of the Minnie's fireworks. Will do a Star Wars one in June. Alchohol being included also helps sway me - I can drink the value much easier than eat it ;)

Just saw on a KTP post that JBJB VIP guests are Chip n Dale. Wasn't it Santa Goofy b4?
Actually happy if it is because we have H&V dinner so we'll see Santa Goofy there, I believe. (I could be wrong :) )
Nooooooo!!! One of the grandmom's coming with us LOVES Goofy, that was part of the whole reason I did this! :( Very disappointing to not see Santa Goofy.
Hopefully he still shows!

I'm always reluctant to book one.. do you love them??

We haven't done one yet. With a family of 5 I've been reluctant to spend that much. But this trip there will be 2 of us, and I'm strongly considering one of the HEA parties. We don't go often, so this will only be my second time seeing HEA. First time I had a terrible view since it was raining and DS (who won't be on this trip) insisted on being under a roof overhang. The one time we saw Wishes I ended up with a shoulder kid right in front of me. I don't think I'd do the party if we went often, but we won't have another chance to see HEA if we end up with a bad view again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter