November 2017 Discount and Code watch

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up. Maybe after the 7/14 offers end? I'm just afraid there want be any availability at the resort I want to switch to. :(

Hey guys for those looking to still book plane tickets, it looks like Southwest was having a secret sale today! I've been holding off as we're flying home on Thanksgiving, and I scored tickets for 125.00 less than they've been for a month!!!

Hey guys for those looking to still book plane tickets, it looks like Southwest was having a secret sale today! I've been holding off as we're flying home on Thanksgiving, and I scored tickets for 125.00 less than they've been for a month!!!

I saw this morning when I went to check on other flights. I was so excited! I finally have a flight home haha

Very often, when you are able to get a fare reduction on a previously purchased ticket on Southwest, it's due to another customer cancelling out their ticket, which was booked in a lower fare bucket than yours. I constantly check for fare reductions and can usually get a reduction on flights booked fairly far in advance of the travel dates.

Southwest changed their policy, recently, when they switched over to the new booking system a couple of months ago, however. If you are refaring a paid ticket, and not one booked with points, you will need to cancel and rebook as a new reservation. Otherwise, your ticket will instantly become non-refundable.

From Southwest:

Modifying a refundable fare will result in the fare becoming NON-refundable. To ensure your new ticket is refundable, cancel your existing reservation, request a refund of the refundable balance, and create a new reservation. Non-refundable fares may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines for the originally ticketed Passenger only.

The new reservation inherits the earliest expiration date from any funds applied from the old ticket. Therefore, the expiration date of your new reservation and all associated funds may be less than 12 months. Your new expiration date will be displayed on the confirmation receipt sent to you.

Note

• Upgrading to Business Select® will result in your fare becoming NON-refundable.
  • Customers who cancel their flight will forfeit the previously purchased EarlyBird Check-In® option for
    that particular flight.

Very often, when you are able to get a fare reduction on a previously purchased ticket on Southwest, it's due to another customer cancelling out their ticket, which was booked in a lower fare bucket than yours. I constantly check for fare reductions and can usually get a reduction on flights booked fairly far in advance of the travel dates.

Southwest changed their policy, recently, when they switched over to the new booking system a couple of months ago, however. If you are refaring a paid ticket, and not one booked with points, you will need to cancel and rebook as a new reservation. Otherwise, your ticket will instantly become non-refundable.

From Southwest:

Thanks for the update. Is it still OK to rebook as many times as you want for a lower fare if you booked with points?

Most of the flights have been sold out for Thanksgiving since just mere days after being released for booking. Today finally almost all of them are now available! I was able to book my flights down, but only those because I'm waiting for more reward points to hit my account which should happen within a week from now. And I'm getting a companion pass so I hope I get to rebook once I get that.

Thanks for the update. Is it still OK to rebook as many times as you want for a lower fare if you booked with points?
Yes...I do it all of the time. As long as you don't change the confirmation number, any Early Bird attached to that reservation remains valid. If you change the confirmation number, Early Bird disappears and is forfeited.

Yes...I do it all of the time. As long as you don't change the confirmation number, any Early Bird attached to that reservation remains valid. If you change the confirmation number, Early Bird disappears and is forfeited.

Ok thanks! I haven't booked since last year so making sure that didn't change. I don't do Early Bird so I'm not worried about that, but good to note.

Most of the flights have been sold out for Thanksgiving since just mere days after being released for booking. Today finally almost all of them are now available! I was able to book my flights down, but only those because I'm waiting for more reward points to hit my account which should happen within a week from now. And I'm getting a companion pass so I hope I get to rebook once I get that.

That is awesome! It seemed like they booked very quickly. Obviously it was just another tactic to get higher prices. I looked yesterday and the flight I really wanted was 287.00 per person. I booked it today for 157.00 per person. I'm so happy! Called and got my Magical Express set up! Thank you universe for the Pixie Dust!

We booked day the flights were released- flight down has stayed the same( went up but came back down) and flight home which was sold out which we paid $180 per person is no longer sold out but its $247 a person.

From Southwest:
I didnt' know there was a such thing. I booked Jet blue. Wonder if they will give a fare reduction off a previously purchased ticket???

I didnt' know there was a such thing. I booked Jet blue. Wonder if they will give a fare reduction off a previously purchased ticket???
I believe they used to do that, but discontinued that option about three years ago. As far as I know, Southwest is the only airline that does not charge a fee to cancel or rebook. If you booked through a TA, you might contact them to see if they are able to do something; I believe I saw that TAs have some flexibility with that.

A bunch of previously unavailable le and sold out flights around our dates in Oct magically opened up yesterday. I have all kinds of options now.

Whatever happened to that guy on here ,--? Black, who use to predict when the discounts would come-out? Does anyone else remember him? I think he had some source inside. He seemed pretty good at letting everyone know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter