(Not so) Patiently Awaiting June...and our Disneymoon! All Checked in to WL 6/16!!

What a beautiful bridal shower!!! Sounds like you got a lot of great gifts. That cake looked so cute!!! I love the polka dots. :goodvibes

Thanks!! It was so beautiful, I kept telling myself to stop and soak it all in but it's hard with all those people you're trying to mingle with! I am a huge fan of polka dots, so mom made sure they were incorporated on the cake somehow :thumbsup2

Have Fun on your trip!!!

Sorry I didn't go down far enuff !! Glad you HAD a great trip and the shower pix are great!!!

Thanks!! Haha it was great, glad you liked the pics!

it looks like you had a amazing bridal shower how exciting:) the cake looks delicious!! and also the towel cake is such a cute idea for a favor!! your colors for your wedding are gorgeous!!!

Gorgeous cake and presents! And I love the little towel cake - I thought it was a real cake! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the pictures and glad you had a great shower. :thumbsup2

it looks like you had a amazing bridal shower how exciting:) the cake looks delicious!! and also the towel cake is such a cute idea for a favor!! your colors for your wedding are gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much! The cake was super yummy! I love my little towel cake, it's on my dresser as a decoration now and I smile every time I look at it :goodvibes

Gorgeous cake and presents! And I love the little towel cake - I thought it was a real cake! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the pictures and glad you had a great shower. :thumbsup2

Thanks Carissa! Everyone thought the towel cakes were real, lol I did too when I first saw them! Glad you liked all the pics!

Hi again everybody! So I was thinking today that I have been doing a lot of life updates lately and not enough trip details, so I decided to start filling you guys in on our plans for our Disneymoon. After all, that’s why you’re here, right?!

So the deal with this trip is all plans are definitely tentative (minus our meals of course, I worked too darn hard to pick out the right places and make ADRs!), but it is our honeymoon so we are going to try and put our OCD planner selves aside (a smidge) and stop to “smell the roses” a little more this trip. We really just want to enjoy experiencing our first days being married in our favorite place and keep it sort of laid back. We’ll see if we can stick to that mentality! :rotfl:

5649_674198778171_9008981_41338337_8049173_n.jpg

(I love picture filled entries so I'll try and keep you entertained with some shots of our last couple trips as well, when they fit in the update!)

So we leave for Disney on Saturday, June 26th. We are flying out of CT on a 7:45am flight. Given that the wedding reception doesn’t end until 11:30, then we have to say our good-byes, change, and head to the hotel, we are going to be pretty sleepy waking up for this flight! Our only other choice for non-stops was 3pm and that just seemed too late, like we were missing a whole day in Disney. To make things a little easier I booked us a room at the Sheraton in the airport, so at least we just have to roll out of bed and downstairs that morning! I am VERY excited about this because I love the airport and have always wanted to stay there! Hee hee I’m such a dork. :laughing:

We are supposed to land around 10:30 in sunny Orlando! Then we will hop on the monorail (first “official” ride in FL!) and head over to Magical Express. Last June was actually our first time taking ME despite our many many trips, and I really loved it so I’m excited to take it again! We contemplated renting a car but ME is just SO convenient, and we want to have as few worries and responsibilities as possible on this trip, so no driving for us! :banana:

By lunch time we should be all checked in at the beautiful Wilderness Lodge!:cloud9: We are planning on doing online check-in to make this super quick, get our Just Married pins (YAY!) and maybe even sweet talk our way into a room upgrade! We are booked with a Woods View. I don’t care what we look at as long as its not parking lot, so that view will be fine, but a pool view wouldn’t hurt so maybe they will give us some pixie dust and make that happen if I bat my eyelashes ;)

Here is my attempt at a shot of the lobby on our last trip:
n9008981_39117605_9337.jpg

If our room is ready we will of course check it out, but it will most likely be too early for that so we’ll probably do a little hotel exploring, check out the pool and the gift shop, then I’m sure we’ll be starving so we’ll grab a quick lunch at Roaring Fork. We had dinner there last trip and loved it, part of what sold us on WL!

After our bellies are full, it’s off to Epcot for a few hours! Our original plan was to swim and nap since we’ll have been up very late the night before, but we have 9 day hoppers, so that meant either skipping the park on arrival day or departure day. I don’t love going to the park departure day, for some reason it just makes it SO much harder to leave and I spend the entire time at the park bummed about leaving, and the first day is just so much more fun because its your first time in the parks AND you have the whole trip ahead of you, so arrival day won out! (Hmmm hope that logic makes sense to someone!)

This is our boat ride from MK to WL last June:
5649_674198877971_9008981_41338352_3725310_n.jpg

Woo Hoo Epcot!
5649_674198897931_9008981_41338356_881583_n.jpg

Epcot is DF’s favorite and a very close second to MK for me, so that is the park of choice. We plan on boating to MK then monorailing to Epcot. We’ll see if any FPs for Soarin’ or Test Track are left and grab those, then we plan on just taking it easy and exploring the country. I totally plan on enjoying my first Fiesta Margarita in Mexico! My favorite countries are Japan, Morocco, and France so I’ll def want to explore those a bit. No strict plans, just doing whatever we feel like and soaking in our first day of marriage!!

Perhaps a little preview of our future will take place at some point...I'm thinking yes!
5649_674198763201_9008981_41338334_1018284_n.jpg

Here we are hanging out in Canada (another fav country of mine we might after to stop into that day) after Le Cellier in June, this is the one photopass pic we actually bought from that trip!
5649_674198917891_9008981_41338358_17345_n.jpg

We have a 9:30 dinner ADR at O’Hana, so we’ll prob grab a snack in WS while we are there. I want either a sweet pretzel from Norway or something from the bakery in France! We’ll probably leave around 7 and head over to the Poly.

This is was taken at the Poly on our Engagement trip!
n9008981_38888541_8212.jpg

If we have a lot of extra time I’d like to hop of the monorail at GF first to look around and show DF because I think it’s gorgeous and he’s never been. Then we’ll go to the Poly and walk around and soak in that lovely atmosphere. I’m definitely trying my first Lapu Lapu while we wait! Then it’s time for yummy Ohana dinner. The new Summer Nighttastic Fireworks are schedule for 10 so we will be able to enjoy those while we eat! We’ve never eaten there before so we are really excited!

Ahh what a way to start a honeymoon!
5649_674198838051_9008981_41338347_6602573_n.jpg

After dinner we will be beat I’m sure so we’ll head back to WL, find our room if we haven’t yet, and crash! If we have ANY energy we might attempt the hot tub, we’ll see. So that’s Day 1, stay tuned for more and some San Francisco pics coming up soon!

I hope you like the Lapu Lapu!! I do have to warn you- it is a little strong.

I can't wait to see the new fireworks!!

I hope you like the Lapu Lapu!! I do have to warn you- it is a little strong.

I can't wait to see the new fireworks!!

Thanks for the warning!! I will make sure to not drink it on a completely empty stomach! :rotfl:

Have you heard what the new fireworks will be like?! I've been wondering, excited to see how they are different from wishes!

Thanks for the warning!! I will make sure to not drink it on a completely empty stomach! :rotfl:

Have you heard what the new fireworks will be like?! I've been wondering, excited to see how they are different from wishes!

Yeah, make sure you eat something!! :laughing: But it is so good!

I haven't heard what the fireworks is going to be like exactly. I just hope Tink flies still so the little guy can see her!!

Morning Lauren!

I did it again and went MIA on the DIS...so hard to fit it all in somedays but I've missed so much and happy to say I've caught up with you once again!:goodvibes

Loving all the wedding plans! Your plans are just perfect, it's going to be a beautiful wedding!! The colors, the favors....just soooo pretty!!!!!! :cutie: Your shower looked amazing, the little towel favors were adorable and the cake too cute! Thanks for sharing!! Wow....it's going to be here before you know it! The day you take off for your honeymoon is Cole's 3rd birthday, so I'll be thinking of you that weekend for sure! :cutie:

San Fran!! One of my FAVORITE places ever!! Todd had to go on business 3 mos. after we got married and I got to tag along, after paying for my airfare, and it was just amazing!!! Hope to go back!!!! What a great city! So glad you had some girl time!!

And your 1st day of your honeymoon sounds perfect....you guys will take it in stride, don't worry....it's your trip and you'll be on your own schedule....it will be soooo magical! Love Lapu Lapu (yummmmm!!) and the fireworks, what a perfect way to end the 1st day!!!:cloud9:

Looking forward to hearing more! Hope you're well, otherwise!! :goodvibes

Day 1 plans sound excellent! You should definately buy yourself some Bride ears!!!! They are so cute.

Yeah, make sure you eat something!! :laughing: But it is so good!

I haven't heard what the fireworks is going to be like exactly. I just hope Tink flies still so the little guy can see her!!

Haha yes will do, that snack at WS beforehand will have to be a good one!

I'm nervous because I LOVE Wishes and I'm afraid these new fireworks won't be as good. Aww yeah I hope tink flies over too that will be such a perfect moment! Can't wait to see all the pics of his first trip!

Morning Lauren!

I did it again and went MIA on the DIS...so hard to fit it all in somedays but I've missed so much and happy to say I've caught up with you once again!:goodvibes

Loving all the wedding plans! Your plans are just perfect, it's going to be a beautiful wedding!! The colors, the favors....just soooo pretty!!!!!! :cutie: Your shower looked amazing, the little towel favors were adorable and the cake too cute! Thanks for sharing!! Wow....it's going to be here before you know it! The day you take off for your honeymoon is Cole's 3rd birthday, so I'll be thinking of you that weekend for sure! :cutie:

San Fran!! One of my FAVORITE places ever!! Todd had to go on business 3 mos. after we got married and I got to tag along, after paying for my airfare, and it was just amazing!!! Hope to go back!!!! What a great city! So glad you had some girl time!!

And your 1st day of your honeymoon sounds perfect....you guys will take it in stride, don't worry....it's your trip and you'll be on your own schedule....it will be soooo magical! Love Lapu Lapu (yummmmm!!) and the fireworks, what a perfect way to end the 1st day!!!:cloud9:

Looking forward to hearing more! Hope you're well, otherwise!! :goodvibes

Hi Kristen, welcome back!! :cheer2:

I totally understand, I figured things were super busy in your life! Thanks for all your kinds words! I can't believe the wedding is less than two months away, it feels like just yesterday I was telling you guys about the proposal, when it was really about 16 months ago!

How funny that the day we leave is Cole's birthday! OMG I cannot believe your little guy is going to be 3 already!! Are you guys throwing him a big party??

San Fran was so awesome, I loved it so much I want to move there! Too bad it is SO expensive to live out there. So pretty though and really fun!

Day 1 plans sound excellent! You should definately buy yourself some Bride ears!!!! They are so cute.

Thanks!! I forgot to mention that I bought bride ears when I was there in January!! Couldn't resist, I wanted them for our first day and didn't even want to have to stop to buy them I guess haha. Unfortunately the groom's mickey hat is too small for Kyle, so we got a black baseball hat and had "Groom" embroidered on it, and i bought just the ears at the hat shop in MK to attach to it for him!! haha I stole the idea from Lurkyloo's honeymoon TR.

Hi Everyone!!

I thought I would stop by and say hi! I am hoping to do another update tonight or tomorrow. I've had a really busy week at school but the craziness has settled a little so that leaves me more time to think about Disney ;) So big news this week is I got contacts! I've had my glasses about 5 years now. As you can see in my trip pics, I avoid wearing them whenever I can but I really shouldn't so I decided to try contacts and they are SO nice! I feel very free with no glasses. Other than that not too much to report. I've gotten some cute trip clothes and sandals so I'll have to post pics of those soon too since shopping is a big hobby of mine :laughing: Hope you are all having a great week!

That's great you got contacts! I have glasses and contacts too..and I know how annoying glasses can get sometimes. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see all of your shopping purchases! I'm a glasses/contacts wearer too. I got my first pair of glasses in 3rd grade, but I got contacts in 6th grade. My husband wears contacts too. Poor Madison is doomed!

That's great you got contacts! I have glasses and contacts too..and I know how annoying glasses can get sometimes. :rolleyes:
I didn't know you had glasses too! Yeah they are really tough this time of year especially. Loving the contacts!

Can't wait to see all of your shopping purchases! I'm a glasses/contacts wearer too. I got my first pair of glasses in 3rd grade, but I got contacts in 6th grade. My husband wears contacts too. Poor Madison is doomed!

Yesss I've done even MORE shopping so pics will be up soon! Wow contacts since 6th grade, I'm 24 and I was scared to get them at first! Our kids our doomed too. Kyle wears contacts with an extremely strong prescription because he is legally blind, poor guy!

Oh hey darling disers! It’s me again, your long lost trip reporter. I will be getting hitched in approximately one month from tomorrow (!!) and of course that led me to thinkin’ about Disney, and my poor little neglected PTR! It's been busy at school, we had my dad's bday and lots of last minute wedding stuff going on of course so I'm so sorry for not updating sooner!

So how about some day two plans?? I promised Cali pics long ago, and we’ll get there. I’m just really in the mood to talk Disney at the moment, so here we go!

So on to day 2 plans…this is our first full Disney day!! :yay:

First it’s off to the MK! We have an 8:55 breakfast ressie at Crystal Palace!! I am so excited for this. Anyone who’s read my other TRs knows its special to us because it’s where we were going when DF proposed in front of the castle. In this spot:
5649_674198783161_9008981_41338338_2776659_n.jpg

Annnd I love puffed French toast, breakfast pizza, and their breakfast casserole. I pretty much just fill up on those three things, can’t get enough of them here!

Then it will be off to Splash, our traditional first ride of the day at MK! We’ll do standby then get FPs for Big Thunder. So that we can recreate this:
5649_674198803121_9008981_41338341_6155182_n.jpg

After we’ll probably hit up Haunted Mansion and Pirates.

We don’t stick to a very rigid plan, but our other favs that we always see are Space (Kyle hasn’t seen the changes yet. I kinda want to do standby to try the games!), Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Pooh, Small World, even though Kyle hates it hee hee. This photo capture those feelings! :laughing:
5649_674198848031_9008981_41338348_5493652_n.jpg

Buzz, and TTA. When the park gets super crowded near lunch time, we usually check out Carousel of Progress and we’ll see the Hall of Presidents so Kyle can see the changes there too. Hopefully it won’t break half way through this time like it did on my January trip!

At some point we will probably get a Dole Whip float for a snack. Then I think we’ll head back to the hotel for a nap and some swimming around 2 or 3. If we are feeling super ambitious, I think we might rent Sea Racers at the WL marina. We signed up for the Disney Honeymoon Registry and that was a gift we asked for. Last week one of our guests bought it for us! It will be an adventure, but something fun and new for us to try!

Once we are rested, it’s back to MK! We’re getting dinner at Pecos (pulled pork sandwiches are our favorite!), then we’ll check out any other rides that we didn’t see before, and maybe the parade if we’re in the mood. A second Splash ride is a tradition too. I love riding it at night! I think the park is open until midnight, and hopefully our afternoon back at the hotel will make it so we can stay up late.

There you have it! It should be a jam packed and really fun day! I can’t believe the trip is coming so close! :woohoo:

Stay tuned for Day 3, Epcot!

One more month! :bride: WOW....time has FLOWN by!!!!!:yay: So excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear the details of the wedding and see pics, you're going to be a beautiful bride!!! Your plans sound great for Disney, looking forward to hearing more!!:goodvibes

One more month! :bride: WOW....time has FLOWN by!!!!!:yay: So excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear the details of the wedding and see pics, you're going to be a beautiful bride!!! Your plans sound great for Disney, looking forward to hearing more!!:goodvibes

Hey Kristen! Thanks, we can't believe it either! Time seriously has flown, I feel like it was just yesterday I was telling you all my proposal story!

i love you day two plans:) sounds like a busy but very exciting day! I love CP also-- poohs puffed french toast is to die for!! I always want to try the sea- racers -- you will have to let me know how it is if you try it:) Oh and Pecos bills pulled pork is soo good!! I had it for the first time last week during my short inpulsive maye trip LOL it was amazing! I can't wait to hear more:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter