(Not so) Patiently Awaiting June...and our Disneymoon! All Checked in to WL 6/16!!

LaurenMic

LaurenMic
Oh goodness, how good it feels to be back on the boards and posting my PTR!! To all of my friends who were following my last TR, I am SO sorry I never got around to finishing it. Life SERIOUSLY got in the way the past 8 months or so and as much as I love the Dis, I just could not find time to finish. :sad1:

BUT it is time to get back in action because we have a DISNEYMOON coming up!! That’s right, we are getting hitched June 25 and we will be spending the following 10 glorious days at Wilderness Lodge to celebrate our newly wedded bliss :bride:

DF and I cannot wait, we seriously talk about this trip all the time. This will be our 4th trip to Disney together. I’ve been going every year since I was 3 and DF started coming in 2008 and he quickly became addicted too. He is a Diser too, look for him on this report perhaps ;)

For those of you who don’t know us:

I’m Lauren, 24, a special education teacher in CT and the obsessive trip planner! I absolutely love my job, shopping, and hanging out with my wonderful (also Disney loving) family (oh yeah and DF of course!) Here I am on our last trip in June:
5649_674195933871_9008981_41338242_3044168_n.jpg

My marvelous DF is Kyle, 24 (as of last Thursday!). A Disney Newbie, but thank the lord he loves it as much as I do! Works in marketing and loves all things sports (especially the Red Sox). And he is slightly obsessed with Donald Duck.
5649_674198793141_9008981_41338340_2894754_n.jpg

This has been a HUGE year in our lives. We both started new jobs, we got a new apartment (our first place together!), we got our first pet (our adorable yet mischievous cat Peanut Butter)
20062_723394963621_9008981_43214543_7656166_n.jpg

I also got a new car last month (a new jeep which I love and refer to as my grown up car)….and oh yeah we are planning a wedding!! You name it, we’ve done it this year and we couldn’t be happier to be starting our life together! :love:

Here is a newer pic of us. This was last Saturday, at the Boston Bruins game for Kyle's bday!
24766_748767811231_9008981_43992462_725907_n.jpg

And...Oh yeah, I've been back to Disney since I was last on the boards!! My sister worked as a college program CM last semester, so I went with my fam for a long weekend in January to visit! Kyle sadly could not make it because of work, but I crammed about 5 days worth of Disney into 2.5 days and had an amazing time. We stayed at POR which I love. I might have to do a mini TR if I can find some time!

Meanwhile, you can enjoy me, my brother, and my sister in Canada on that trip:
20062_723405647211_9008981_43214856_1046743_n.jpg

So that is us in a nut shell. I’m sure you will be learning lots more about us as the PTR/TR progress. Be prepared for lots of silliness…hope you come along for the ride :woohoo:

Coming up: Our tentative schedule, ADRs, and some Wedding Details of course!!

Lauren!!! :goodvibes

I was so excited to see you comment on my PTR! You have been missed, but I know what it's like to have to disappear from the Dis for a while. Glad to have you back and so excited for your wedding and Disneymoon! :cool1:

Loving the longer hair. :thumbsup2

Lauren!!! :goodvibes

I was so excited to see you comment on my PTR! You have been missed, but I know what it's like to have to disappear from the Dis for a while. Glad to have you back and so excited for your wedding and Disneymoon! :cool1:

Loving the longer hair. :thumbsup2

Hi Carissa!

I'm so glad you made it over here! Life definitely gets in the way of the Dis sometimes, but I am so glad to be back! I'm so excited to have you on board!! I was also excited to see that you have a PTR in the works too :)

The hair is obvi in preparation for the wedding! Im glad people are liking it because I'm still getting used to it haha. But it sure will be nice to be able to wear it up during the summer heat in Disney this time around!

Jumping over from tinkgurl's TR!

Yay thanks for coming over! It's so funny because I found you on hers too and I was checking out one of your TRs! I have to get all caught up on them now!

Go figure…I went from not posting a single thing in about 8 months, to starting a PTR and doing the a second update a day and a half later! Crazy, right? I guess now that we are under 3 months from the trip, it’s on my mind ALL the time and I just want to talk about it! And I know all you lovely people understand my addiction so you will listen. So thanks in advance for that :thumbsup2

Anyways, you know a bit about us, and now you want to know plans, right?? Well I’ve decided to start off with ADRs. Maybe because it’s lunch time and I have food on the brain. Or just because I think Disney food is awesome and I cannot wait to enjoy it for 10 days of Dining Plan!! (we get the basic one, and even that is a ton of food by the end of the week so no deluxe for us) DF and I spent a decent chunk of time Sunday perusing the menus on All Ears and picking out what we are going to eat at each place! Haha we are dorks. I called right at the 180 mark (sooo glad that has been reinstated!) and got almost everything we wanted. Here’s plan, with a little explanation of our choices thrown in:

Saturday, June 26-Arrival Day
9:30 pm Dinner at O’Hana:
Now that is a very late dinner time for us. We usually eat around 5 or 6, but unfortunately that is the only time they had available. We already had our hearts set on it for dinner our first night so we went with it. It will be our first time eating here! I also made a 6pm for Kona, another fav of mine that Kyle has never tried, just in case we really can’t make it that long, but Wishes will be at 10 that night, so we are thinking this late dinner will be a perfect way to kick off the honeymoon! I am dying to try it and of course get my first Lapu Lapu after reading all about them in other people’s TRs!! :banana:

Sunday, June 27-First full park day! :cloud9:
8:05 am Breakfast at Crystal Palace:
This is tradition for us, the only place we go to every single trip, and only for breakfast. Don’t love their dinner, but we LOVE their breakfast. It’s all about the puffed French toast and breakfast pizza for me! Yes, I shamelessly eat off the kid buffet mostly here, don’t judge, it is awesome! And this just happens to be the place we went the morning DF proposed in front of the castle in Jan. 09. Check out my Engagement TR if you want to read up on that cute story ;) We also have our first full park day be at MK every single trip (nostalgic for me, DF prefers the other parks but he is so nice and accommodating!), and this breakfast is a happy way to kick it off. Gotta love the Pooh characters too! DF is not a character meal fan, but his love of Eeyore makes this one ok.

Monday, June 28
6:00 pm Dinner at San Angel Inn
To be honest, I don’t absolutely love the food here. We went in 08 and I did like it a lot, but my enchiladas no longer appear to be on the menu (I have a slight enchilada obsession) so I’m a little nervous. But DF loves the steak here, and this was our first “Disney Date”; we were on the trip with my fam that year, but had that one ADR just the two of us, so it holds a romantic place in a hearts. So an obvious choice for a honeymoon! Love the atmosphere here, so romantic, and we are definitely waiting for a table by the water this time. I am also a huge margarita fan, so that doesn’t hurt either :cutie:

Tuesday, June 29
6:05 pm Dinner at Boma
I am not a very adventurous eater, but this will be my 4th time to this dinner buffet and I have always really enjoyed it. The soup is awesome, and the desserts are to die for! DF loves trying new things so this is perfect for him. We did breakfast in 09 so it will be nice to be back for dinner. Plus, I am trying to convince DF to stay at AKL on our next trip because I LOVE it, so we’ll see if another visit can seal the deal!

Wednesday, June 30
5:55 pm Dinner at Mama Melrose
Confession: I do not love the table service options at DHS. They’re aren’t terrible, but we rarely have a meal there that just “wows” us like some other places. MM’s is definitely the best, but when it comes to the service we’ve found it to be hit or miss. However, we went there in 09 and had a fabulous waiter and loved the food (we are huge Italian food fans) so we added it. I can’t wait for the chicken parm and their yummy bread!

Thursday, July 1
Dinner at California Grill
I believe this one is around 7, for some reason I don’t have the time entered on our dorky excel planning spreadsheet haha! I’ll have to look it up later. This is our only signature dining. Personally I think there are many places where you can get just as much bang for your buck that are one credit, but we had to have one “fancy” dinner on our honeymoon! It gives me a chance to recycle the cute dress I bought for my bridal shower! We’ll pay OOP for a breakfast to use the extra credit for this one.

Friday, July 2
6:00 pm Dinner at Chefs de France
We are being adventurous, and neither of us has ever experienced French food…and I saw they have macaroni and cheese on the menu! That sold me and my sooo sophisticated palette! I am also very excited to try crème brulee for the very first time (hmmm probably spelled that wrong….) :laughing:

Saturday, July 3
9:25 Breakfast at Tusker House
We are breakfast Buffet lovers and as soon as I told DF that this one features Donald, he was sold. It was between this and Yak and Yeti, which I’ve also heard is very good. But we can always try that one another time! Besides, they have cinnamon rolls at Tusker House. I never pass up a good cinnamon roll! :woohoo:

Sunday, July 4
5:55 Dinner at Liberty Tree
This will be our last full park day (sad!) but it is also 4th of July (happy!) so of course we are going to MK to enjoy the special holiday fireworks. We decided to enhance the patriotism and eat at Liberty Tree, you can’t get more American than that! Plus we love Thanksgiving food, so it will be a nice little treat in the middle of summer :)

Monday, July 5-Departure Day
10:00 Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe
We typically don’t do a table service meal on the last day of our trips, but considering this will be the last day of the honeymoon, we wanted to go out in style with a nice brunch. Plus, we didn’t have any plans to eat at any of the restaurants at WL despite the fact that we are staying there, so I added this one to the agenda last month. I am so excited to try the skillet! We had it for dinner and loved it.

So there you have it, the complete layout of how we plan to stuff our faces! Haha hope I didn’t bore you with too much info, but I love making ADRs! I will soon be posting a more detailed itinerary with park plans and our counter service places that we know we will be eating at as well.

Yay thanks for coming over! It's so funny because I found you on hers too and I was checking out one of your TRs! I have to get all caught up on them now!

That is funny! Aw, I would love it if you checked out my old TR's. I'm going to go read your engagement one when I get the time. :goodvibes

Your ADR's look great! We went to WDW around that time last year for my birthday! You guys are going to have a great time. When planning my upcoming trip, the only request from my DD and DH was an early breakfast at CP!!! They loved it there in Jan 09 (you were there too! how neat!) and it was a must do for them on this trip. I can't wait to read about more of your plans.

Joining in for the Disneymoon!!! I have never had breakfast at CP but LOVE the dinners , shrimp and clams ..I'm in heaven!! Add the delish rolls they have and I am a happy gal!! I have eaten a few times at Chefs , I've had the macaroni and it is delish They have a preset menu that includes French onion soup ( should yoy order stress you want it HOT)also Mac & cheese is an entree choice and dessert includes creme brulee which is absolutely sinful!!!

Lauren, love, love, love all your ressies! They look fantastic!! :thumbsup2 You will love Ohana's, we ate there last trip and it was fun, delish and the Lapu Lapu is to die for!!:cloud9: What a great trip you guys have planned!!!!! Looking forward to hearing more!!:goodvibes

That is funny! Aw, I would love it if you checked out my old TR's. I'm going to go read your engagement one when I get the time. :goodvibes

Your ADR's look great! We went to WDW around that time last year for my birthday! You guys are going to have a great time. When planning my upcoming trip, the only request from my DD and DH was an early breakfast at CP!!! They loved it there in Jan 09 (you were there too! how neat!) and it was a must do for them on this trip. I can't wait to read about more of your plans.

Your TRs are great, I have a long weekend for the holiday this weekend and I plan on dedicated some time to reading more of them!!

That is so funny that you were there in Jan. 09. What were your dates? We were there Jan 3-9. I'm praying the crowds aren't crazy the end of June/July, we are used to low crowds but it's our honeymoon so it won't really matter either way!

Joining in for the Disneymoon!!! I have never had breakfast at CP but LOVE the dinners , shrimp and clams ..I'm in heaven!! Add the delish rolls they have and I am a happy gal!! I have eaten a few times at Chefs , I've had the macaroni and it is delish They have a preset menu that includes French onion soup ( should yoy order stress you want it HOT)also Mac & cheese is an entree choice and dessert includes creme brulee which is absolutely sinful!!!

Yay another reader, thanks so much for joining in! I'm glad to hear the Chef's mac and cheese got a good review! DF said he really wants to try that soup so I will pass on the tip, thanks!

Lauren, love, love, love all your ressies! They look fantastic!! :thumbsup2 You will love Ohana's, we ate there last trip and it was fun, delish and the Lapu Lapu is to die for!!:cloud9: What a great trip you guys have planned!!!!! Looking forward to hearing more!!:goodvibes

We are so psyched about them! That Lapu Lapu is gonna be the perfect way to unwind after our long travel day. I saw the pics of it in your TR, looks amazing!!

Your TRs are great, I have a long weekend for the holiday this weekend and I plan on dedicated some time to reading more of them!!

That is so funny that you were there in Jan. 09. What were your dates? We were there Jan 3-9. I'm praying the crowds aren't crazy the end of June/July, we are used to low crowds but it's our honeymoon so it won't really matter either way!

We were there Jan 24-31 and crowds were non-existent! The weather was actually great. We rented a locker everyday and threw in our jeans and hoodies for when the sun went down. It worked out perfectly. It only rained and got cooler our very last day.

The crowds last June were high, but bearable in my mind. If you use EMH and FP's right, you won't have to wait in line too long. Just be ready for the extreme heat and the afternoon rain shower each day. We brought heavy duty ponchos with us (from Walmart) and we used them all week. We actually still have them in my Disney box (yup, I have a Disney box. Well, it's more of a small plastic tote). It's much cheaper than buying them at the parks!

We were there Jan 24-31 and crowds were non-existent! The weather was actually great. We rented a locker everyday and threw in our jeans and hoodies for when the sun went down. It worked out perfectly. It only rained and got cooler our very last day.

The crowds last June were high, but bearable in my mind. If you use EMH and FP's right, you won't have to wait in line too long. Just be ready for the extreme heat and the afternoon rain shower each day. We brought heavy duty ponchos with us (from Walmart) and we used them all week. We actually still have them in my Disney box (yup, I have a Disney box. Well, it's more of a small plastic tote). It's much cheaper than buying them at the parks!

Thanks for the tip!! I am def gonna be buying us some ponchos. We were there last June, but it was the very beginning of the month so most schools weren't out yet and crowds weren't bad. You are right, SO hot! We didn't have the rain showers though, I guess we got lucky so this time I am going prepared!

Thanks for the tip!! I am def gonna be buying us some ponchos. We were there last June, but it was the very beginning of the month so most schools weren't out yet and crowds weren't bad. You are right, SO hot! We didn't have the rain showers though, I guess we got lucky so this time I am going prepared!

I'm happy to help! Heavy duty ponchos are definately the way to go. Ours never ripped! It only rained for maybe a 1/2 hour or so each day, but I don't remember!

I have awhole first aid kit. medicine cabinet I take each year much is never needed but sometimes I have been very glad to have the stuff !!I buy the $1 umbrellas as they are good for sun or showers and then toss it at the end !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter