No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice it was missing last week in Wilderness Lodge when my daughter had an itchy back in the night.

There are tissues. Please don't spread the story that they are no longer giving tissue. Or bar soap. That's flat out wrong. Lotion is the only thing no longer on the rooms, it seems. If your room is missing any of the others due to an oversight by housekeeping ask for what you are missing. But please, Disney does enough wrong without stuff being made up

Last edited:
Sounds like the vast majority are getting it upon request. There's only a handful to report being denied when asked, if that many. I think by request is totally acceptable

During our recent Dolphin stay in addition to the standard small toiletry bottles, our room had 2 tubes of toothpaste, mouthwash and a toothbrush. Not a big deal but I appreciated the toothpaste as after a long stay at the Poly we were getting low on toothpaste.
We had all those items in every stay at BWI. Technically 2 toothbrush, 2 toothpaste, 2 floss picks. Mouthwash too

Sounds like the vast majority are getting it upon request. There's only a handful to report being denied when asked, if that many. I think by request is totally acceptable

Getting it upon request I think is perfectly reasonable. I understand not wanting to waste it or let people hoard it from both a fiscal and environmental point of view, and I imagine they need to toss it after each guest. Available upon request seems like the best of each world.

Pen and paper returned to our room today
No lotion but everything else
Vanity kits
Toothbrush kits
Shower cap
Mouthwash
Usual shower stuff

Is this in a club level room? I have only seen the vanity & toothbrush items in club level. I hope the pads & pens are back in all rooms, many people don’t carry pens in daily life, let alone on vacation.

I have to agree that one housekeeper probably just didn’t have tissues or didn’t want to get them. Pretty sure a call to a housekeeping supervisor would have resulted in a box or 2 being brought up. We certainly had plenty at AS Movies 2 weeks ago.

Is this in a club level room? I have only seen the vanity & toothbrush items in club level. I hope the pads & pens are back in all rooms, many people don’t carry pens in daily life, let alone on vacation.

I have to agree that one housekeeper probably just didn’t have tissues or didn’t want to get them. Pretty sure a call to a housekeeping supervisor would have resulted in a box or 2 being brought up. We certainly had plenty at AS Movies 2 weeks ago.
Yeah, sorry. CL rooms at BWI

We stayed at BWI 8/24-8/31. No lotion, no pen and no paper. My husband asked at the front desk and they handed him 2 pens and 5 pads of paper. We didn't ask for lotion. I splurged on a bottle at the Screen Door and we'll use it for future trips.

There are tissues. Please don't spread the story that they are no longer giving tissue. Or bar soap. That's flat out wrong. Lotion is the only thing no longer on the rooms, it seems. If your room is missing any of the others due to an oversight by housekeeping ask for what you are missing. But please, Disney does enough wrong without stuff being made up

Lol - I was adding my personal experience to the thread, just like everyone else, nothing made up from me.

I didn't have tissues at the YC two weeks ago and the housekeeper personally told me she didn't have access to any - that's a fact. I never said they were discontinuing them and I didn't think calling a call center (housekeeping) would help.

I found it odd but I wouldn't have commented in the first place if there wasn't already a lotion, (paper, clock etc) thread with others first hand reports.

Never got pads and pens during our stay at the GDT. Got two different suites. Wouldn't be surprised if none of the rooms at GDT ever had pads and pens.

No no. I'm just SURPRISED PEOPLE RELY ON THOSE THINGS.
Why shouldn't these be relied upon? Many people only travel with carry-ons, leaving them a limited amount of 'liquids' (i.e. most toiletries) they can bring. (And even those who do check luggage maybe don't want to risk a shampoo or lotion explosion in their suitcase.) So, ultimately, these items can range from handy to absolutely necessary.

Why shouldn't these be relied upon? Many people only travel with carry-ons, leaving them a limited amount of 'liquids' (i.e. most toiletries) they can bring. (And even those who do check luggage maybe don't want to risk a shampoo or lotion explosion in their suitcase.) So, ultimately, these items can range from handy to absolutely necessary.

I don’t think it’s a case of shouldn’t rely on them. It’s just that some of us are surprised people rely on them. Not until the Disboards did I know people actually used them.

I pack all of my toiletries in ziplock bags to avoid messes.

I'm not so sure that "many people" only travel with carry-ons. If you worry about a shampoo or lotion explosion in your suitcase, you put them in a Ziploc bag.

This thread is a perfect example of why.

I think it's become customary to provide toiletries but what isn't set in stone is exactly what toiletries they are. Hotels can opt to not have lotion or bars of soap intended for your body, they may not have seperate shampoos or conditioner.

I think not packing anything means you accept you'll get whatever you get at whatever place you're staying it (even when you're going off previous experience of said place). Sometimes that ends up being an issue but it's always that you accept what they provide when you don't bring your own.

Some places will then have a gift shop or convenience store type set up where you can purchase however it's often at a high mark up. Some people will then opt to get to a normal store by whatever means (rental car, rideshare, public transit, taxi,etc). Obviously this can become an annoyance or inconvenience for folks.

I am soured on Disney from my last trip. Paid Four Seasons prices, got a Best Western experience. The extra touch of strollers, ECVs, and personal items littering the hallways was the breaking point.

I don't like to check luggage. So I love the toiletries provided by most places that I spend $500+ a night. It's a nice touch. Already, Disney fell behind in luxury items compared to other high end hotels that I enjoy. Now no lotion? No tissues? It's laughable.

But they know their target audience will shrug and say "It's Disney. They can do whatever they want and I will continue to pay their high prices for below average accommodations."

Not this girl. I am done. So much going on in these resorts that don't match their price tag.
Ditto all of this.

We had split stay last trip (14 days last December) and ended up leaving the 2nd Disney resort early. (And it was a previous favorite.)
Also, for the record, the offsite hotel had double the in-room amenities as the resorts did for less than half the price.

We're staying onsite in a couple of weeks (to give it one more go and because it's an anniversary and we stayed there for our honeymoon), but I think we're done, too. DH loves to be in that Disney bubble but the value for what we pay for those rooms is just getting worse and worse, not better.

I'm not so sure that "many people" only travel with carry-ons. If you worry about a shampoo or lotion explosion in your suitcase, you put them in a Ziploc bag.
What I do with my make up and travel sized empty containers that I purchased separately and fill up with my own products like sunscreen aloe vera, etc (as opposed to purchasing travel-sized products which I don't tend to worry about) is I take the lid off, put a ziploc bag on top of it, then put the lid back on (checked or carry on). I do this when I'm traveling with my full sized bath and body works body wash when I have a checked bag because I find the caps leak a lot.

Many hotels are getting rid of the small travel bottles.

Yes. And replacing them with larger sized bottles. Which is great!

Many of my colleagues travel with carry-ons, including myself. I travel often. I am not concerned with liquids exploding, I am concerned with space. When you go to a luxury hotel, you expect them to meet your needs. When you pay $500+ a night at a hotel, the amenities are very high end (including toiletries). Disney is one of the only places where you pay luxury prices, but get subpar amenities. And it is getting worse by the year. Some may be fine with that. I am not.

There are tissues. Please don't spread the story that they are no longer giving tissue. Or bar soap. That's flat out wrong.
How is her experience "flat out wrong"? She did not have tissues and was not provided them upon asking. With the way Disney resorts are going, this is not far fetched at all.

How rude to correct someone's account by telling them not to give their experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter