No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday - Wednesday - no lotion, pen or paper at Yacht Club - also no tissues!

Was there a box for the tissues & it was just empty?? And did you try calling housekeeping? That’s getting ridiculous if they are pulling that.... I hate their toilet paper & always wonder if I should bring my own. The way things are going, we might all to have bring our own soon. :sad2:

Was there a box for the tissues & it was just empty?? And did you try calling housekeeping? That’s getting ridiculous if they are pulling that.... I hate their toilet paper & always wonder if I should bring my own. The way things are going, we might all to have bring our own soon. :sad2:

I hate their toilet paper too. I keep thinking this at least brings a bright side to coming back home after a trip. :rotfl:

It's all about profit, profit, profit. The more Disney can take away from the consumer, the more $$$ goes to the stockholders.
Unfortunatley Disney does not take care of their investores either. I think the most recent (I THINK) dividend paid by DIS(nyse) was $0.88.and let's assume they paid that dividend for the four quarters. That would amount to $35,200. To put that in perspective: buy 10,000 shares at a cost of 137.84 = $1,378,400. When you do the math you only earn 2.5% on your money which is indeed more than the banks are paying but, really, I put well over a million dollers into your company and all i get is a mesely 2.5 percent! taht leaves 97.5% of the profits to be divided up between the execs at the top. Bob Eiger makes 65.6 million dollars. That is 1,424 times the median Disney employee. Truth be told, Disney is giving their stockholders some crumbs but the mojority of the profit is obviously going to the top tier executives. I dumped my DIS stock years ago as I found many companies that paid me much more for my investment (% gains). Abagail Disney, granddaughter to Roy O, came out against the disparity in salaries stating that her Grandfather as well Walt would never pay their employees less or give the customer less just to line thier pockets a little better. Bottom line is management at Disney is more concerned with THEIR pockets than they are concerned about their employees or the loyal customers that spend thousands and even tens of thousands in a given year to vist disney.

I saw an article online today that Marriott Hotels are doing away with individual toiletries too. I have a feeling it is going to be "industry standard" to not provide them anymore in the name of being more environmentally friendly.

No idea why the change. As I said I'm just surprised that so many people relied on those teeny bottles being provided.
Those teeny tiny bottles had been changed to 2 oz. tubes. I can make a 2 oz tube of lotion last the week on my vacation. As some others have said, lots of folks travel with only hand luggage these days, making it difficult to bring liquids, and industry standard for deluxe hotels is to provide bath amenities in their rooms. Have you seen the cost of a deluxe room at Disney lately? I really enjoyed the H2O products. I'm disappointed in this, but not crushed.

I saw an article online today that Marriott Hotels are doing away with individual toiletries too. I have a feeling it is going to be "industry standard" to not provide them anymore in the name of being more environmentally friendly.
I have no problem with not providing the individual sizes, too much waste. But deluxe hotels should provide toiletries.

Nope - no box and as I said in my OP I asked the housekeeper personally and she didn't have access to any.

Honestly the lack of lotion, pen or paper doesn't bother me - and I am fine with the idea of doing away with the tiny toiletries. I do miss the clocks and will probably invest in a travel alarm clock as I like to put my phone away at night. Had my dd not been sick I may not have even noticed the lack of tissues!

If there were larger boxes of tissues for sale I would have been more ok with purchasing some but all they had were the tiny travel tissues in the gift shop.

It is a way for them to cut back. There are probably quite a few people that don't use the lotion. I usually bring my own. It would be nice for them to offer it for those who would like it. They wouldn't have to put it in every room. Just have on hand with housekeeping or front desk on request. Hate to see Disney going this way. : (

It is a way for them to cut back. There are probably quite a few people that don't use the lotion. I usually bring my own. It would be nice for them to offer it for those who would like it. They wouldn't have to put it in every room. Just have on hand with housekeeping or front desk on request. Hate to see Disney going this way. : (
That's why they offer it for sale in the hotel stores. If you want it, you can purchase it.

Unfortunately Disney has been moving in this direction for a long time. That's why I will choose to spend my money at foriegn Disney destinations. Those entities on;ly pay Disney Licsensing fees to use the name. The Disney execs can't decide how to steal more of my money out of my pocket by lessening the experience at those locals because they have LITTLE control over what goes on at those destinations. :)

Unfortunatley Disney does not take care of their investores either. I think the most recent (I THINK) dividend paid by DIS(nyse) was $0.88.and let's assume they paid that dividend for the four quarters. That would amount to $35,200. To put that in perspective: buy 10,000 shares at a cost of 137.84 = $1,378,400. When you do the math you only earn 2.5% on your money which is indeed more than the banks are paying but, really, I put well over a million dollers into your company and all i get is a mesely 2.5 percent! taht leaves 97.5% of the profits to be divided up between the execs at the top. Bob Eiger makes 65.6 million dollars. That is 1,424 times the median Disney employee. Truth be told, Disney is giving their stockholders some crumbs but the mojority of the profit is obviously going to the top tier executives. I dumped my DIS stock years ago as I found many companies that paid me much more for my investment (% gains). Abagail Disney, granddaughter to Roy O, came out against the disparity in salaries stating that her Grandfather as well Walt would never pay their employees less or give the customer less just to line thier pockets a little better. Bottom line is management at Disney is more concerned with THEIR pockets than they are concerned about their employees or the loyal customers that spend thousands and even tens of thousands in a given year to vist disney.
What you fail to mention in your stock analysis is the DIS stock price increase. You focused on the dividend, which by the way is paid semi-annually and not quarterly so would actually make your measly 2.5% half that
percentage. Now for my point on the stock price increase and I'll use a 10 year historical lookback. If you purchased $1000 of DIS stock in April 2009 it would be worth $7600 today. That's a 660% increase. So, just using the dividend as your basis doesn't do it for me. In my book a 660% increase over 10 years is pretty good. I know there are better returns out there but wanted to paint the full picture.
Now back to our regular scheduled programming on lotion.

Last edited:
What you fail to mention in your stock analysis is the DIS stock price increase. You focused on the dividend, which by the way is paid semi-annually and not quarterly so would actually make your measly 2.5% half that
percentage. Now for my point on the stock price increase and I'll use a 10 year historical lookback. If you purchased $1000 of DIS stock in April 2009 it would be worth $7600 today. That's a 660% increase. So, just using the dividend as your basis doesn't do it for me. In my book a 660% increase over 10 years is pretty good. I know there are better returns out there but wanted to paint the full picture.
Now back to our regular scheduled programming on lotion.

You act as if the stock cou;ld never go down. Disney could never lose value. Can't count your chickens till they have hatched. Dividends are real gains on a quarterly basis. You can't count your return when you sell your stock till you actually sell your stock. not saying that disney is going to go down. If you know anything about the market, which it seems you do, the price that a stock trades on any given day is never related to the true value of the company. Again not saying to ignore the increase in the value of the stock but most investors while concerned very much in the value of their position they also want to make the maximum return year after year, again dividends are real and the value of the stock is not real until you liquidate it. Again Disney is most likely, but not guarenteed, never to lose substantial value but we have seen bigger companies, much bigger, go under and or lose substantial value due to any number of reasons. That's why you can't count increase of the value of the stock until you sell it and lock in the profit.

This makes me really sad to read. I love the lotion. I don't check a bag so I can't bring a full sized bottle with me nor buy one there to bring back with me. This attitude is putting greed over guest satisfaction. If you don't use lotion or prefer to bring your own, good for you, but when you're running a resort isn't it better to try and anticipate people's needs and be prepared rather than leave them lacking? I'm going to Caribbean Beach next week and obviously not going to let this ruin my trip, but it makes me angry.

I am soured on Disney from my last trip. Paid Four Seasons prices, got a Best Western experience. The extra touch of strollers, ECVs, and personal items littering the hallways was the breaking point.

I don't like to check luggage. So I love the toiletries provided by most places that I spend $500+ a night. It's a nice touch. Already, Disney fell behind in luxury items compared to other high end hotels that I enjoy. Now no lotion? No tissues? It's laughable.

But they know their target audience will shrug and say "It's Disney. They can do whatever they want and I will continue to pay their high prices for below average accommodations."

Not this girl. I am done. So much going on in these resorts that don't match their price tag.

Last edited:
I am soured on Disney from my last trip. Paid Four Seasons prices, got a Best Western experience. The extra touch of strollers, ECVs, and personal items littering the hallways was the breaking point.

I don't like to check luggage. So I love the toiletries provided by most places that I spend $500+ a night. It's a nice touch. Already, Disney fell behind in luxury items compared to other high end hotels that I enjoy. Now no lotion? No tissues? It's laughable.

But they know their target audience will shrug and say "It's Disney. They can do whatever they want and I will continue to pay their high prices for below average accommodations."

Not this girl. I am done. So much going on in these resorts that don't match their price tag.

I really hope this is a trial period and people complain.

All of that stuff in the hallways sounds like it would be against fire code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter