No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of going to a buffet in Thailand. Most people were sensible with what they took. At my hotel, people take plates and plates of food only to throw it away. I've never understood why some people see free and even if they don't need it, take as much as they can. Hmmmm....

I take it you weren't at this buffet in Thailand:

:rotfl2:

I’m curious, too. The club level rooms provide all kinds of other amenities— sunscreen (which I sometimes find in CL rooms and other times not), aloe gel, foot rub, and mouthwash. I’m wondering if they are intending to do away with these as they are also made from plastic? I love these additional toiletries; it’s part of what makes the CL experience stand out to me from booking a regular room (obviously there are others, but I enjoy the additional things in the bathroom). If they only remove the lotion, however, it seems funny...there is aloe gel and sunscreen and foot rub and mouthwash, but Disney is no longer offering just the plain lotion, lol.

In our CL room at the Poly a couple of weeks ago, we got shampoo, conditioner, body gel, bar soap, mouthwash, vanity kit, and a shower cap. No aloe, sunscreen, lotion, facial moisturizer, or foot cream that has previously been provided. I asked for lotion and moisturizer and received some, I wasn't too concerned with the others so didn't ask.

In our CL room at the Poly a couple of weeks ago, we got shampoo, conditioner, body gel, bar soap, mouthwash, vanity kit, and a shower cap. No aloe, sunscreen, lotion, facial moisturizer, or foot cream that has previously been provided. I asked for lotion and moisturizer and received some, I wasn't too concerned with the others so didn't ask.
Never received face moisturizer at WDW but have all the rest. Since the room is stocked with body and face soap bars plus body wash from my POV at least one of those products could disappear and I'd be fine. Love those little vanity kits too. When sunscreen isn't in the room I just asked for it as it seems to be a seasonal product.

It is not about the lotion. I am sure every single person on this thread can afford to go to the gift shop and purchase whatever toiletries Disney decides to no longer give.

To me it is the fact that Disney continues to charge 5 Star prices, and give 2 Star service for their rooms.

Many of us travel extensively for business. We know what high end service is like. It's not what Disney is providing.

The lotion is just the latest in a string of events where Disney is basically writing SUCKER on the foreheads of its guests.
Disney is a business and they can charge whatever they want, take away whatever they want, etc. It's up to us to choose whether we want to continue to be a customer. Pretty simple.

Disney is a business and they can charge whatever they want, take away whatever they want, etc. It's up to us to choose whether we want to continue to be a customer. Pretty simple.
Very simple. Which is why I have said repeatedly I will no longer be staying on property. Four Seasons treats its guests very well. You feel like you are getting the experience that you paid for with your hard earned money.

The lotion thing is dumb enough, but not having tissue is ridiculous and I will never understand people who give Disney a pass on literally every cut they make.
Thank you for stating the obvious, I don't understand it as well. Keep charging me more and give me less!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Disney experience and have taken my family many times. But I really do not like the constant lack of respect for the loyal paying customers. I for one will be spending my money at the overseas Disney destinations as the Disney corporation does not have any control over how those entities treat their loyal customers, I heard the experience at Tokyo( cast members, helpfullness, all around spirit of the cast members, cleanliness etc...) makes the experience at the American parks pale in comparison. And again that is because Disney corporation cannot cotrol the way their foreign counterparts decide how to run THEIR parks (they don't belong to Disney) and how they treat their customers.

Very simple. Which is why I have said repeatedly I will no longer be staying on property. Four Seasons treats its guests very well. You feel like you are getting the experience that you paid for with your hard earned money.
It's a long walk from Four Seasons to the theme parks.

You mean you have to pay for all those Uber trips out of your pocket? I can walk to a park or take a monorail, boat or bus for no extra cost. When you go to the MK where does that Uber drop you off?
Four Seasons at WDW offers free transportation to the MK every hour, and free transportation to the other parks every hour. Also, if I had a dollar for every guest at a WDW hotel who pays for a Minnie Van to get to the parks or between other Disney hotels I would be rich.

You mean you have to pay for all those Uber trips out of your pocket? I can walk to a park or take a monorail, boat or bus for no extra cost. When you go to the MK where does that Uber drop you off?
I have paid for Ubers when I stayed at on-property Deluxe Resorts. Bus and Monorail crowded and slow. I don't feel like standing.
And I enjoy going from point A to point B directly. Hate stopping at other resorts to drop off and pick up.

Yes. I can walk to EPCOT from Boardwalk Area. Meh. Not worth the subpar service at the Deluxe Resorts (to me). And that calm, backdoor entrance? It's about to get mighty crowded.

And once again, this new trend of people leaving personal items in the hallway and Disney seemingly ok with it? It is trashy to me. Just not the experience I am looking for. YMMV.

I thought Disney cannot increase the number of points, just reallocate points between room types and seasons? DVC owners especially older ones would definitely be coming out way ahead compared to similar stays over the years with cash. That isn’t some false belief that needs to be justified.

Either way, this seems like a way over the top response. There are plenty of DVC members who are vocal when they dislike something Disney does.
First question, are you a DVC owner with personal experience. Because we have multiple, as in many, friends that have over the years have become very disenchanted with DVC. Disney changes the number of points all the time especialy during peak seasons (did they tell you that when you were purchasing your contract, they probably gleened right over that little tidbit of information) not to mention the fact that they are continualy selling more and more DVC memberships. Yes they are building mor DVC locations but they have always oversold the number of contracts. Friends of mine had almost 1000 points across multiple "home" resorts and over the years it became increasingly more difficult to book a vacation when they wanted. Over the top, I don't think so. Stop looking at Disney through rose colored glasses. They are a corportation and the job is to collect as much money as possible with the least amount of money spent. And not for nothing if you look at the DVC boards here the members very rarely complain. Do your research before you say my response is over the top.

First question, are you a DVC owner with personal experience. Because we have multiple, as in many, friends that have over the years have become very disenchanted with DVC. Disney changes the number of points all the time especialy during peak seasons (did they tell you that when you were purchasing your contract, they probably gleened right over that little tidbit of information) not to mention the fact that they are continualy selling more and more DVC memberships. Yes they are building mor DVC locations but they have always oversold the number of contracts. Friends of mine had almost 1000 points across multiple "home" resorts and over the years it became increasingly more difficult to book a vacation when they wanted. Over the top, I don't think so. Stop looking at Disney through rose colored glasses. They are a corportation and the job is to collect as much money as possible with the least amount of money spent. And not for nothing if you look at the DVC boards here the members very rarely complain. Do your research before you say my response is over the top.

Not a DVC member or a Disney apologist but alright then, I can see where this is going. Maybe I shall channel my inner one, have a magical night!

Getting it upon request I think is perfectly reasonable. I understand not wanting to waste it or let people hoard it from both a fiscal and environmental point of view, and I imagine they need to toss it after each guest. Available upon request seems like the best of each world.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter