No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoriasarah

Earning My Ears
Currently staying at Beach Club Villas. There was no lotion in the room at check in so I called housekeeping and had some sent up.

Today I ran out so called again and explained that we had had housekeeping yesterday and hadn’t had any of our shampoo or conditioner replenished and also asked for lotion.

The cast member said that she would send up shampoo and conditioner but that she couldn’t send up any lotion. When I asked why she said “we found out today that we are no longer giving out lotion”.

Has anyone else been told this? Could this be to make way for the big bottles or are they stopping providing lotion?

We've had it on our trip in July. We arrive next week and we'll see.
It could also be a Villa/DVC thing I guess.
They've wanted to get rid of individual containers as a way to reduce waste so it could be related to that. I'm sure they reduce cost to some degree but seeing how they have to spend the extra labor time to fill the things and then in turn to repair and replace them, I'm not sure there's been any cost savings in the end. But there are a lot of refuse savings.

This is one of those things about WDW resorts that annoys me to no end, they claim that they want to follow industry standards and then they remove lotion! They already don't have lotion at the value resorts, which is terrible and not in line with industry standards, I have stayed at Super8 motels that have lotion, WDW value resorts are the only hotels I have ever stayed at that do not provide this.

This makes me extra annoyed because I wear sandals in WDW and my feet get dry and need lotion at night, so I really can't do without, and I don't want to use my expensive facial lotion that I already pack on my feet.

This is one of those things about WDW resorts that annoys me to no end, they claim that they want to follow industry standards and then they remove lotion! They already don't have lotion at the value resorts, which is terrible and not in line with industry standards, I have stayed at Super8 motels that have lotion, WDW value resorts are the only hotels I have ever stayed at that do not provide this.

This makes me extra annoyed because I wear sandals in WDW and my feet get dry and need lotion at night, so I really can't do without, and I don't want to use my expensive facial lotion that I already pack on my feet.
For future trips, you can bring a travel sized lotion (from like Bath and Body Works or similar) and use that on your feet. An easy solution for the future, but that doesn't help anyone who is there now and needs lotion.

For future trips, you can bring a travel sized lotion (from like Bath and Body Works or similar) and use that on your feet. An easy solution for the future, but that doesn't help anyone who is there now and needs lotion.

Yes, obviously I CAN bring it, I just disagree that I should have to since I don't have to worry about it at any other hotel/resort. Just a pet peeve of mine especially after Disney made such a big deal of conforming to industry standards with the parking fees.

We stayed at BCV just a few weeks ago and I noticed we had no lotion the entire trip as well. I ended up just using my body sunscreen instead - a little stickier, but it did the trick! It is kind of an excuse to buy a little lotion in the gift shop or maybe even in one of the WS pavilions . . . thanks WDW! :)

I am still gobsmacked that there are people who use/rely on the little sample stuff any hotel provides.

I always do and I typically don't even care about the quality of the product (though I find the H2O products to be quite nice!). I'm a "less is more" kind of person and we always only take carry-ons, so the less liquids I can pack, the better!

I always bring a 6 oz of Burts Bees Cocoa and CupuaCu Butters Body Lotion. We go through most of it in 9 days (two of us) and then I just toss the rest. :)

Currently staying at Beach Club Villas. There was no lotion in the room at check in so I called housekeeping and had some sent up.

Today I ran out so called again and explained that we had had housekeeping yesterday and hadn’t had any of our shampoo or conditioner replenished and also asked for lotion.

The cast member said that she would send up shampoo and conditioner but that she couldn’t send up any lotion. When I asked why she said “we found out today that we are no longer giving out lotion”.

Has anyone else been told this? Could this be to make way for the big bottles or are they stopping providing lotion?
We had no lotion at BWV either this past week. First time it ever happened. Couldn’t be bothered calling for it.

Nope, no lotion last week at Boulder Creek Villas. But, they kept giving us the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash each day. I bring my own stuff so we just kept accumulating it.

Why would you be gobsmacked people use the H20 Body Lotion Disney has provided for years? We go twice a year, staying at AKL and the lotion has always been provided. I love it and buy large bottles of it for $26 to use at home. I think its a shame they don't have it in the rooms anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter