No characters at the Hotels from November 14

The characters of ALL hotels are going to disappear. Also during breakfast at the Empire State Club and Golden Forest Club. The Descent of the Stairs at the Disneyland Hotel will also disappear. The only place where the characters will stay is at the Disneyland Hotel. During lunch, brunch and breakfast the Castle Club. That's it, only those three places and nowhere else.

Wow that makes the golden forest a lot less desirable.

if this is true, then it's not really worth booking GF. I am so disappointied, i really was looking forward to this, i have just emailed guest services to find out before i book.:confused3

The characters of ALL hotels are going to disappear.
Also during breakfast at the Empire State Club and Golden Forest Club.
The Descent of the Stairs at the Disneyland Hotel will also disappear.

The only place where the characters will stay is at the Disneyland Hotel.
During lunch, brunch and breakfast the Castle Club.
That's it, only those three places and nowhere else.

Can someone confirm this ?

:confused3

If this is really true then the GFC loses a big plus in my opinion.

I will miss the Descent of the Stairs because it was a nice show and a good opportunity to meet the characters in a great location.

:sad2:

yes its true and its been confirmed by email from DLP too, to guests just like madmish, who were thinking of booking to stay at the Golden Forest rooms after 12th November.

Its sad to think I've seen my last Descent of the Stairs :sad1:.

When we just booked for September, the chap said they have been told not to discuss characters at hotels except dlh. I mentioned I'd heard it was happening in November and he was non committal, just we've been told not to sell someone a hotel based in this. Complete difference from booking gf last year, when it was huge push!
I can only hope what they offer instead is great!!

yes its true and its been confirmed by email from DLP too, to guests just like madmish, who were thinking of booking to stay at the Golden Forest rooms after 12th November.

Now they can close the GFC !

:earseek:

Now they can close the GFC !

:earseek:

I disagree.
The characters during breakfast are not the only reason why GFC has benefits compared to Montana.
As long as people have money to spend, they will always book GFC.
Besides, why just GFC?
Empire State Club at Hotel New York also has characters during breakfast, which are being axed from November on.
I don't see anyone complain about that.

I disagree.
The characters during breakfast are not the only reason why GFC has benefits compared to Montana.
As long as people have money to spend, they will always book GFC.
Besides, why just GFC?
Empire State Club at Hotel New York also has characters during breakfast, which are being axed from November on.
I don't see anyone complain about that.

Well I suppose people are more annoyed over the GFC loosing the characters as the prices are more affordable for GFC then ES at HNY?

Well I suppose people are more annoyed over the GFC loosing the characters as the prices are more affordable for GFC then ES at HNY?
Yeah I agree ES was very expensive when I rang. When looking at SL, GFC was being promoted and one of the first things that was mentioned every time was characters at breakfast. The reviews of GF club lounge haven't exactly been amazing so there really isn't any other benefit.

We booked gf rooms went we went in march for the breakfast, I struggle to see how I could justify the increased cost when this goes. Unfortunately, the rooms are not great, the lounge is ok but drinks are meant to be consumed there (some staff will let you take 1/person to main terrace). The fast passes were not used as the whole park was quiet, but appreciate these could be useful in busier times. Breakfast is calmer but I think if it was manic in main restaurants I would try for in the park, or just go for early lunch.

i received an email back saying they could not discuss in email my queries, but gave me a number to call. (i haven't yet) . we have stayed in Santa fe and Cheyenne on our previous visits, due to budget. i have no issues with these hotels, but when we go in February it will be our 15th wedding anniversary, so was hoping to do something a little different. GF appealed because the price was good, drinks etc as we will be there in feb, use of the lounge when it's cold sounds good. But we usually do one cafe mickey breakfast, the cost of this for my family is equivalent to a golden forest room upgrade from a montana, so we thought it was a good deal. However if there are no characters at breakfast, the total cost for hot drinks and 1 cafe mickey breakfast and staying in Cheyenne would be the better value than GF, and the Sl altogether. although SL has a pool, we would not really use it, and not having a pool has never bothered us in the past. a little disappointed to say the least, but either way, we are going to Disneyland Paris. woo.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter