No characters at the Hotels from November 14

Belle's World

DIS Veteran
Just seen the announcement on Facebook that from November there will be no character meets in the hotels.

A very bad move in my opinion but more money saving I suppose.

Just the meet and greets or also the charcter breakfast in DLH and Sequoia GF?

I saw this in FB too. One of the reasons we were staying onsite. That's a shame they did this, bad decision.

I saw it too and really dont like it :sad2: hope it just wrong rumour and it wont happens... if it doesnt I cannot see us staying onsite while Alex starts school as there wont be really any benefits to justify the price difference between Disney and Val de Europe hotels

Never met characters at the hotel, as by the time they arrive we're in the park, but have to echo what people are saying! Defo a bad move, for some this is their only chance of seeing a character are there isn't so much of a scrum!

Just seen the announcement on Facebook that from November there will be no character meets in the hotels.

A very bad move in my opinion but more money saving I suppose.

On the DLP page? I can't find it?

RoseBug said:
On the DLP page? I can't find it?

No, it's on Inside DLP FB page (if I get the name right). The same that got news about all character meets being organized and queued

well, I guess this would be our last chance to see it when we go this spring

It was already on my to do list for March, so I will definitely be making sure I do it, just in case!

It seems with they way things are going they may as well scrap the characters all together lately... The last few visits we've barely seen any of them around the parks (except when the character train appears). I think that if they are going to remove character greets in the hotels, they should adjust prices to compensate a bit.

Let's hope they re-consider!

I found there to be more and more characters wondering around in the park in my last 6 trips (which were from last year June till 2 weeks ago).

Apperently in the US parks and the other ones, there aren't any character meets in the hotels eather.

Apperently in the US parks and the other ones, there aren't any character meets in the hotels eather.

Don't know about Hong Kong or Tokyo but there aren't any at the WDW or DL hotels so it's always been a great bonus for DLP guests.

Characters do still meet at Hong Kong hotels I think...
..their website says they do.

I´ve just read this on "InsideDLParis":

"Starting November 3th 2014, characters will no longer be appearing at the Disney Hotels at Disneyland Paris!" :sad2:

For reason:

"Disneyland Paris is the only Disney park that has characters at the hotels, and they want to draw a line with the other parks." :sad2:

If this is really true it would be very sad because we loved the opportunity to meet characters at the hotel. :guilty:

But this would lead to more questions:

- What about the SQL Golden Forrest breakfast ? Any characters there ?
- The character shows (Descent of the stairs) at the DLH ? No more ??

I hope this is not true......would be a step back to a better DLP.

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter