No characters at the Hotels from November 14

Maybe for Castle Club, there's no word on that yet. But for regular breakfast... I'm sorry but no, they will be removed starting November 3rd.
Well to confuse things even more I have just this minute got off the phone to central reservations in the park for 17th nov and she stated character breakfast with normal room booking, When I queried this she knew nothing of this I said it was all over Internet. So she phoned disneyland hotel while I was on hold and they said it has not been confirmed yet and is not definite for all hotels, DLH breakfast is likely to keep theirs so it looks like it's not actually set in stone yet.

Well to confuse things even more I have just this minute got off the phone to central reservations in the park for 17th nov and she stated character breakfast with normal room booking, When I queried this she knew nothing of this I said it was all over Internet. So she phoned disneyland hotel while I was on hold and they said it has not been confirmed yet and is not definite for all hotels, DLH breakfast is likely to keep theirs so it looks like it's not actually set in stone yet.

thats even more confusing information from the DLH - because its not currently a character breakfast there, unless you're in the Castle Club.

Yup I know. Lol the only thing I can think of is she meant characters are outside at breakfast as they are at the moment.

I really can't see it being taken away from GF breakfast - it's only just been launched and is really popular so would seem a silly move. I'm still planning on doing Gf or a NPB equivalent for my next trip and will just watch this space re characters in the lobby

They're not going to tell you through the phone, or face to face for that matter, until it has officially been confirmed by Disneyland Paris. Trust me, this is also going to be for the Disneyland Hotel. ONLY (!) the characters at Inventions are staying, that's it. It's not a rumour, it has been confirmed to the staff of all hotels. The decision has been made, a while ago actually.

I know everybody wants to know what's going to happen exactly, but as always...DLP is not going to confirm anything until right before. But it is definite for ALL hotels, including Disneyland Hotel. Characters are only staying at Inventions and maybe ESC at Hotel New York and GFC at Hotel Sequoia Lodge. But there's no word yet on those last two.

Well I now have it in writing

Holiday Package
Disneyland® Hotel for 2 adults, 1 child 3-6 years arrival on 17/11/2014 departure on 21/11/2014 Standard Room
Breakfast with Disney Characters welcome at the entrance of the restaurants for 2 adults, 1 child 3-6 years Local Occupancy Tax for package length
Park Tickets for the Disney Parks for 5 days for 2 adults
Park Tickets for the Disney Parks for 5 days for 1 child 3-6 years

So if its not right they will be in breach of contract. And guilty of false advertising.

Sadly I think you will find in the small print something like " subject to change without notice". That is also part of the contract you have agreed to :(

I figured they would have a get our clause.

It is hereby expressly specified that the particulars contained in our various communication materials and on the Website are subject to changes, which will be communicated to you before a contract is entered into, it being specified that certain shows, attractions, restaurants, shops and ancillary facilities operating on a seasonal basis may be closed, delayed or cancelled without notice.
We have described hotels featured in our brochure as precisely as possible. However, listed facilities and/or services may temporarily be closed for maintenance and/or improvement reasons arising after the publication of our brochure.
Please note that we may apply different terms and conditions, including prices, depending on the place of residence within the European Union, on the basis of objective criteria in compliance with Article 20 (2) of Directive 2006/123/EC.

Would this be it?

DLRPWonders said:
I know everybody wants to know what's going to happen exactly, but as always...DLP is not going to confirm anything until right before.

This maybe true for the general public. But my press mail is full info which has been confirmed, and I'm not allowed to discuss yet because rumours spread like wildfire. Until OFFICIAL word to release the information which has been given via a press or Disney official, it doesn't matter what people are told on the grapevine. Gossip and conveying rumours, whether true or Chinese whispers, is detrimental. Characters will still be in the parks, and as much as people will miss them in the mornings *if* they go, it won't take anything away from an actual Disney day.

It's all very well posting things we have heard or been told, but confusion starts when posts suddenly appear offering information stated as fact, from an otherwise, non familiar source :-/ I think we can discuss our feelings on this subject, but until official information has the ok to be given as fact, then all we can do is actually wait until we all know more and how if will affect us, without possibly getting confused to what is actually going to happen.

I get your point Lisa and you are right - speculation will get us no where. However you are in the position to the know the facts already and to be able to decide if they will effect your future trips or not.

I am sure I am not the only one who feels entitled to more information. After spending close to 4000 euros in october to stay in the castle club, I don't think it is asking too much to be told what is happening before paying that amount again this year!

Plus I know lots of people book GF at SL because for various reasons many of which are to do with the characters. For some it is the only way their children get to interact with the characters. I personally know someone who's disabled child only dares to have anything to do with the characters if it is quiet and peaceful and no pressure. Therefore her mother always scrimps and saves to be able to afford a stay at club level in HNY. So getting rid of the characters here would make a big difference to her day.
If Disney already know the facts of what exactly will be changing come november, I think they are morally obligated to inform people NOW and not hide behind the small print of "subject to change"

rant over

I get your point Lisa and you are right - speculation will get us no where. However you are in the position to the know the facts already and to be able to decide if they will effect your future trips or not. I am sure I am not the only one who feels entitled to more information. After spending close to 4000 euros in october to stay in the castle club, I don't think it is asking too much to be told what is happening before paying that amount again this year! Plus I know lots of people book GF at SL because for various reasons many of which are to do with the characters. For some it is the only way their children get to interact with the characters. I personally know someone who's disabled child only dares to have anything to do with the characters if it is quiet and peaceful and no pressure. Therefore her mother always scrimps and saves to be able to afford a stay at club level in HNY. So getting rid of the characters here would make a big difference to her day. If Disney already know the facts of what exactly will be changing come november, I think they are morally obligated to inform people NOW and not hide behind the small print of "subject to change" rant over

Here here! lol

This maybe true for the general public. But my press mail is full info which has been confirmed, and I'm not allowed to discuss yet because rumours spread like wildfire. Until OFFICIAL word to release the information which has been given via a press or Disney official, it doesn't matter what people are told on the grapevine. Gossip and conveying rumours, whether true or Chinese whispers, is detrimental. Characters will still be in the parks, and as much as people will miss them in the mornings *if* they go, it won't take anything away from an actual Disney day.

It's all very well posting things we have heard or been told, but confusion starts when posts suddenly appear offering information stated as fact, from an otherwise, non familiar source :-/ I think we can discuss our feelings on this subject, but until official information has the ok to be given as fact, then all we can do is actually wait until we all know more and how if will affect us, without possibly getting confused to what is actually going to happen.

I agree with this, come on, lets have a little faith. All indicators are pointing to the good people working on DLP having improvements on their minds, I'm sure the objective is not to 'false advertise' or ruin people's holidays. They know the customer base at the hotels and I'm sure will plan accordingly. I think we might just see the characters at planned breakfast time rather than in hotel lobbies to avoid free loaders doing the rounds in the hotels when they aren't staying there!

My message...lets wait for the official announcement. I think it's VERY unlikely that Disney will announce the removal of characters without giving an offering in it's place...I have faith ;)

DLRP Today published an interesting article about all this yesturday.

Here is quote from a Poppy the Monkey a member of the magicforum who I think works in the Entertainment Dept who is quoted as saying...

“Hotel Guests are not going to lose out too much, ALL the Characters you could of met in your hotel will now be ready to welcome you exclusively in the Disneyland Park during the Extra Magic Hours. So instead of just having 2 or 3 Characters to meet in your lobby in the morning, you will most likely be able to meet alot more throughout the park – imagine all the Characters usually hanging out at the 6 hotels (Disneyland Hotel will not be affected) will now converge on the park to prepare for the day, before all the regular Guests even arrive.” - Poppy the Monkey, magicforum

Here is quote from a Poppy the Monkey a member of the magicforum who I think works in the Entertainment Dept who is quoted as saying...

Thanks for alerting us to this update. I can see the sense when people are doing the rounds at the hotels without paying...I only hope the Character breakfast with golden forest rooms remains intact!

Oh, I do like that :thumbsup2

So some good news and some bad news...

As you know I asked my media contact at DLP for a comment on the rumours of the removal of characters from the Disney hotels, and here is the official response from Disneyland Paris Corporate Communications.

In response to guests’ feedback that they wish to meet even more characters but not necessarily in our hotels, a new character experience will replace that current hotel presentations which will end in November 2014.

By the end of the year Disneyland Paris will have introduced a brand new character experience for Disney hotel guests to enjoy during Extra Magic Hours* in Disneyland Park. For the first time ever, a series of meet-and-greet opportunities will give Disney hotel guests an exclusive glimpse at how their favourite characters prepare Disneyland Park for opening.

There will be no changes made to the character buffets available at the Disneyland Hotel and Café Mickey (Disney Village). Guests staying at The Castle Club (Disneyland Hotel) will also enjoy a new character experience during breakfast.

The new character encounters represent yet another measure in our on-going quality improvement programme for hotel guests that includes the progressive refurbishment of our 5,800 rooms (since 2009).

*Extra Magic Hours is an exclusive service for Disney hotel guests that includes Disneyland Park access up to two hours before regular opening times and access to many attractions.

Corporate Communication, Disneyland Paris

So you heard it here first folks!

I've asked for further clarification on this especially the Character Breakfasts at the Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest suite and Character 'La Descente' at the Disneyland Hotel.

I'll be putting up an article on my blog soon.

I wonder what the new character experience during Extra Magic Hours will be....

thanks Jonjo!!!

It would be great to recieve the extra info regarding Golden Forest when you have it

thanks for taking the time to post this - I am actually quite excited to see the new M&G in the park:goodvibes

Thanks jonjo.

But I'll admit I'm slightly confused now. They seem to put emphasis on the "extra magic hours exclusive for hotel guests" with that statement. What about the Dreams pass holders? And doesn't get Fantasy pass access to the EMH too?

Thanks jonjo.

But I'll admit I'm slightly confused now. They seem to put emphasis on the "extra magic hours exclusive for hotel guests" with that statement. What about the Dreams pass holders? And doesn't get Fantasy pass access to the EMH too?

I sometimes think they forget that AP holders stay in the hotel too.

I sometimes think they forget that AP holders stay in the hotel too.

i think Vala means that Dream AP holders, and currently Fantasy AP holders too, get access to EMH even if staying offsite. Is that going to change also to allow only onsite guests access to EMH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter