No characters at the Hotels from November 14

Jonjo said:
I sometimes think they forget that AP holders stay in the hotel too.

Me too. Was just about to post about your tweet. Thanks Jonjo :)

What exactly does it be By the end of the year Disneyland Paris will have introduced a brand new character experience for Disney hotel guests to enjoy during Extra Magic Hours* in Disneyland Park. For the first time ever, a series of meet-and-greet opportunities will give Disney hotel guests an exclusive glimpse at how their favourite characters prepare Disneyland Park for opening.

What exactly does it be By the end of the year Disneyland Paris will have introduced a brand new character experience for Disney hotel guests to enjoy during Extra Magic Hours* in Disneyland Park. For the first time ever, a series of meet-and-greet opportunities will give Disney hotel guests an exclusive glimpse at how their favourite characters prepare Disneyland Park for opening.

no-one knows yet.

The press release has come out to discuss, and as Jonjo quoted, that is part of it.

Hotel meet and greets will be removed, but those worrying about character breakfast do not need to worry. These remain, as do Cafe Mickey and the GF/ESC/CC. Inventions will become something special. No need to worry.

The park will once again have that morning vibe (remember the Good Morning parade where we saw them walking down the middle of Main Street USA? Or appearing in Main Street Vehicles? I miss that and the park openings now are drab and boring) with things going on in EMH.

In response to the passes - signs now say hotel guests for EMH, and nothing about passes. But we showed out Dream AP's today and they were more than happy to greet us. I think this will be a separate issue that could possibly mean an end to Fantasy passes reverting back to normal (without a hotel easy pass that is).

Sounds all good to me! We've met a couple of characters in the morning this trip due to our room being so close. Not sure I'm going to miss it now as seeing the same ones again and again, kinda takes the fun away when you see them everyday :(

But anyway, as I said, some of us might get a press shoot and hear things, but that doesn't mean I/we know anymore that others. Its only when an official one goes out, like today, that it becomes hot topic to discuss. I totally understand some people worrying though, but in all honesty, worrying about something that is floating on the grapevine could possibly cause more stress than it worth x

P.S The GF lounge always seemed quiet when we've walked past, looks like a lovely experience and jealous of those who have, and will, be going!!!

That sounds brilliant!:goodvibes:goodvibes Can you just confirm though if there is something happening in Inventions for breakfast for standard DLH guests? Or are the the characters only there for the lunch and evening buffets? Obviously even a standard room at DLH is much more expensive then a GF room in SL
Thanks for the update, I feel happy now to book GF for December know ing the character breakfast will still be going on:goodvibes:goodvibes
The press release has come out to discuss, and as Jonjo quoted, that is part of it.

Hotel meet and greets will be removed, but those worrying about character breakfast do not need to worry. These remain, as do Cafe Mickey and the GF/ESC/CC. Inventions will become something special. No need to worry.

The park will once again have that morning vibe (remember the Good Morning parade where we saw them walking down the middle of Main Street USA? Or appearing in Main Street Vehicles? I miss that and the park openings now are drab and boring) with things going on in EMH.

In response to the passes - signs now say hotel guests for EMH, and nothing about passes. But we showed out Dream AP's today and they were more than happy to greet us. I think this will be a separate issue that could possibly mean an end to Fantasy passes reverting back to normal (without a hotel easy pass that is).

Sounds all good to me! We've met a couple of characters in the morning this trip due to our room being so close. Not sure I'm going to miss it now as seeing the same ones again and again, kinda takes the fun away when you see them everyday :(

But anyway, as I said, some of us might get a press shoot and hear things, but that doesn't mean I/we know anymore that others. Its only when an official one goes out, like today, that it becomes hot topic to discuss. I totally understand some people worrying though, but in all honesty, worrying about something that is floating on the grapevine could possibly cause more stress than it worth x

P.S The GF lounge always seemed quiet when we've walked past, looks like a lovely experience and jealous of those who have, and will, be going!!!

i think Vala means that Dream AP holders, and currently Fantasy AP holders too, get access to EMH even if staying offsite. Is that going to change also to allow only onsite guests access to EMH?

That's what I meant. If they are going to change that this will be the last time for me with a Dreams pass for sure. When I'm solo staying onsite simply isn't worth the money.

That's what I meant. If they are going to change that this will be the last time for me with a Dreams pass for sure. When I'm solo staying onsite simply isn't worth the money.

Looking at the numbers from last weeks shareholders meeting, which reported a very noticable drop in onsite hotel occupancy, I would not be surprised if access to EMH for AP holders might cease next year.

DLP needs to get heads on beds in the resort hotels and turning EMH into somthing special for Disney hotel guests only would be one way to do this.

Here is a copy the article I posted up last night........

Exciting changes coming soon to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland Paris.

Over the last few weeks the Disneyland Paris on-line fan community has been buzzing with rumours circulating that the resort will be withdrawing its unique character meet-and-greets at it's on-site Disney Hotels from November 2014.

Our friends over on DLRP Today published a very informative article yesterday on all the rumours that have been circulating on Twitter, Facebook and on the fan forums.

So what will be happening later this year I hear you ask? Well we asked Disneyland Paris for confirmation of the rumoured changes happening around the resort, and spokesman Mathias Dugoujon, from Corporate Communications was kind enough to fill us in on the exciting changes coming soon to Extra Magic Hours in the Disneyland Park.

"In response to guests’ feedback that they wish to meet even more characters but not necessarily in our hotels, a new character experience will replace the current hotel presentations which will end in November 2014".

"By the end of the year Disneyland Paris will introduce a brand new Character Experience for Disney hotel guests to enjoy during Extra Magic Hours" - the exclusive service for Disney hotel guests that includes access to the Disneyland Park up to two hours before regular opening times and access to many attractions.

"For the first time ever, a series of meet-and-greet opportunities will give Disney hotel guests an exclusive glimpse as how their favourite characters prepare Disneyland Park for opening".

Mathias went on to explain that there will be no changes made to the character buffets available at the Inventions restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel and to the character meals available at Café Mickey in the Disney Village.

"Guests staying at The Castle Club in the Disneyland Hotel will also enjoy a new character experience during breakfast".

"The new character encounters represent yet another measure in our on-going quality improvement programme for hotel guests that includes the progressive refurbishment of our 5,800 rooms (since 2009)".

So there you have it, official confirmation direct from the European home of the Mouse on the exciting new changes coming soon to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland Paris.

Jonjo said:
Here is a copy the article I posted up last night........

Thanks jonjo...this does indeed look good for onsite guests! Initially I had been disappointed as had saved for a special trip for me and dd in DLH....and wondered to myself should I change back to HNY and put the small amount extra towards empire state......shall hold off and see what unfolds. Thanks for keeping us informed d

Thanks jonjo...this does indeed look good for onsite guests! Initially I had been disappointed as had saved for a special trip for me and dd in DLH....and wondered to myself should I change back to HNY and put the small amount extra towards empire state......shall hold off and see what unfolds. Thanks for keeping us informed d

Am I missing something? I am not seeing why this is better if you are staying in one of their onsite hotels? This seems to run counter to the idea of getting more people into their hotels, unless they really think that exclusivity for EMH is going to do the trick, which I cant imagine being anywhere near the case.

angelmav said:
Am I missing something? I am not seeing why this is better if you are staying in one of their onsite hotels? This seems to run counter to the idea of getting more people into their hotels, unless they really think that exclusivity for EMH is going to do the trick, which I cant imagine being anywhere near the case.

Its planned for the characters to greet emh guests.....ie only those staying onsite.....I am hoping it's like it was years ago in Florida where lots of the main guys welcomed you to fantasyland......it was really special!

Its planned for the characters to greet emh guests.....ie only those staying onsite.....I am hoping it's like it was years ago in Florida where lots of the main guys welcomed you to fantasyland......it was really special!

But...that is only a benefit if you like hitting the parks at the crack of dawn...Not exactly a perk for my family.

You have something that was unique in the world of Disney parks/resorts and it is going away. I am not sure how saying, but, but you can go extra early and still see the characters in the parks, just like at every other Disney park is a real selling point to make the trek to DLRP.

Plus, as mentioned, now you get the characters in a more chaotic park setting, which was not so good for some children.

I can see why DLP are doing this - it costs them money to open the park for EMH, its often not very busy for the first hour (8am to 9am) and to be honest, there aren't really that many rides open either. Having the exclusivity of the characters in the park as well as some open rides for EMH may well sway families with young children especially to stay onsite to use EMH, if there is no other opportunity to meet characters in the resort, and if offsite guests can't use EMH.

However, angelmay has a point - if more onsite guests start using EMH for the full 2 hours, the character meet n greets there may not be particularly relaxed or quiet - but hopefully the park CMs will continue to adhere to the line system for all meet n greets in the parks.

I'll be honest - even though I rarely do EMH these days (we like our beds too much) I do think it would be great for the park to look busier in EMH, it would give it more of an atmosphere, earlier on in the day.

It's great for us. We're always in park for EMH. And we always meet ghe first character in hotel and then rush for early start. I find this change vety good. It's a plus for us. I just hope for queued meets.

Lisa_C said:
They are staying.

That's good news..... You are paying extra for these......dilemma now - Do I change my standard DLH booking to GF or empire state for characters or stick with booking for closeness and the loveliness of the DLH?????? Agggh

That's good news..... You are paying extra for these......dilemma now - Do I change my standard DLH booking to GF or empire state for characters or stick with booking for closeness and the loveliness of the DLH?????? Agggh

I had this same dilemma with our upcoming trip in November... but DBF and I concluded that it IS STILL the Disneyland Hotel and going to be as gorgeous/amazing/magical as it has always been... besides, you will still be able to wake up and be inches from Main Street USA where (hopefully) all the characters will be waiting to meet you still :goodvibes

rottie155 said:
I had this same dilemma with our upcoming trip in November... but DBF and I concluded that it IS STILL the Disneyland Hotel and going to be as gorgeous/amazing/magical as it has always been... besides, you will still be able to wake up and be inches from Main Street USA where (hopefully) all the characters will be waiting to meet you still :goodvibes

So true lol.....I really can't resist the lure of the DLH xxx oh so excited!!!

The characters of ALL hotels are going to disappear.
Also during breakfast at the Empire State Club and Golden Forest Club.
The Descent of the Stairs at the Disneyland Hotel will also disappear.

The only place where the characters will stay is at the Disneyland Hotel.
During lunch, brunch and breakfast the Castle Club.
That's it, only those three places and nowhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter