Night owls-what do you do at park closing time?

We’ve been going during the first week of June for the past several years. Last summer, MK was open until 11 or midnight each evening with a EMH until 1 am.

DHS and AK were open until 10 or 10:30 nightly.

Oh I hope this happens on my trip! I'll be there the first week also. Do you know when they actually extend hours? Right now it's just till 10.

In Epcot, like others, we make as late a dining reservation as possible, and walk through a nearly totally empty World Showcase. Absolutely perfect way to end a day, or even a trip. That's how we've ended our last two trips. 2 trips ago, it was our last night and we packed our car and driven to Epcot on for getaway night. When we finally exited the park at about 10:30 after a 9:00 Teppen Edo reservation, our car was one of only 2 left in the entire guest parking lot.

At MK, we either hit Casey's 5-10 before closing or jump on a ride at 1 minute before the line is shut down. Buzz, Pirates, and Big Thunder are the ones we ride most at the end of the night.

About 2-3 years ago, we were fortunate enough to take advantage of a 2 a.m. EMH night at Magic Kingdom. I don't recall exactly how we killed the time after 2 a.m, but we leisurely made our way out of the park. When we finally got to the front of the park at about 2:40, we were literally the only people on Main Street. When we exited the park and started walking to the bus area, a cast member stopped us, asked us what resort we were going to, called on the radio to a bus that was waiting over to the side for stragglers coming out of the park, and verbally told the driver which resort to take us to. We were the only people on the bus. Having the bus to ourselves after a long day at the park may have been the greatest Disney experience ever.

I do every attraction I can until they close the park or at the end of the fireworks then I take a Slow stroll to the entrance of the park and just take in and soak in the sights and just stay in bewilderment that I’m at this amazing place

This all just made me so excited to do some nighttime closing the park down days. We were never brave enough to try them when the kids were little, but I think now that they’re all little bit older, they’ll get a kick out of the nighttime experience at the parks.

Last trip was with my Dad (then 69), who is a major night owl. One night the rest of my family all left and went back to the room at various points (8 in our party) leaving my Dad and I the last two standing.

My father and I closed down Animal Kingdom, strolled through the gift store on the way out, then hopped on a bus to Disney Springs. I think the shopping closed at 11pm ( or was it midnight?) and we arrived just 5 mins later :( So we window shopped, peeking at the windows gaga, and consoled ourselves with giant ice creams at Ghiradhelli...YUM!!!

We did a lot of after park visits to Disney Springs. Convenient to access from the parks (direct bus after 4pm), fun dance parties and the shops are open pretty late. We stayed at SSR so it was "on our way home" anyway :)

This all just made me so excited to do some nighttime closing the park down days. We were never brave enough to try them when the kids were little, but I think now that they’re all little bit older, they’ll get a kick out of the nighttime experience at the parks.

Same here! We are doing a parents only 3 night trip in June (ahead of our family trip in August) and DW and I are super excited. Ready to sleep in and stay out late!

In early June 2014, MK stayed open until 1 am with EMH until 3. This was about a week after 7DMT opened.

I had heard that the line grew to almost 5 hours that afternoon but we were able to ride it 6 or 7 times during that last hour of EMH.

Those were the days.

I am SO excited to hear all the EPCOT advice! I planned on grabbing a meal for son and I at Liberty Inn before Illuminations started and just hang out in that general area somewhere. We're going to be doing the EMH evening so that should be interesting to see the World Showcases that late at night.

Last year, in September, we were leaving a very empty Epcot in World Showcase and I cannot tell you how many mice/rats we saw scurrying around and running in the pathway :eek:

MK-we meet at the Haunted Mansion 5 minutes before official closing as a group-then take the slow stroll to Main St to get last minute shopping/snacks. Main St is still open, the shops within the park are not(similar to the shops at Epcot).
Epcot-after illuminations, we also stroll slowly from Mexico around and hit Mousegears upon exit.
DHS-the park is pretty much shut down after Fantasmic-we wait for that crowd to clear then slowly exit. That may change with Star Wars. The shops on the route from the stadium to the exit are all open.
Animal Kingdom-the only time we closed it down was a fastpass on the River ride that ended at closing. We hit the ride right at 9:00 but was "encouraged" by Disney personnel to leave the area after completion. I don't recall anything open as we left, except the kiosk type store outside the gates.

We routinely leave 3 of the 4 parks an hour after they officially "close".

Last year, in September, we were leaving a very empty Epcot in World Showcase and I cannot tell you how many mice/rats we saw scurrying around and running in the pathway :eek:

Could just be cast members working on the new Remy ride?

We also take our time exiting the parks, but once back to the resort we hit the 24 hr pool and unwind with some adult beverages o_O

Really, that many? I've seen one or two as I left after park close but that's about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter