Night owls-what do you do at park closing time?

What about DHS? Any good late night tips? Is there anyway to do anything after Fantasmic?

Normally I would say to expect longer hours than posted now. BUT I really think June & July will be slower this year as people wait for SW and cooler weather.

But expect 10pm MK, 9pm at the other 3 for most normal closings.

What do they do though in June when the sunset is like 830pm. Can they still do nighttime shows at 9?

What about DHS? Any good late night tips? Is there anyway to do anything after Fantasmic?

We used to go to late night EMH at HS. (At one point, HS didn't have F! on EMH nights.) Back when they had the Christmas lights, it was fun to go late at night, so long as it wasn't too cold.

More recently though, HS has tended to a 3/4 day park for us. Come 3pm, we've finished all the rides we want to do. We also weren't particularly wowed by any of the food offerings at HS.

As others have kind of suggested, the whole BWK/Swan/YC area is nice after in the evening. It is easily accessible from both the back exit of Epcot and HS, especially if you have a hotel room over in that area.

What times of the year are these super late park hours and EMHs? I think the latest I have ever seen MK open while I was there was 11 (with EMH). Do the other parks every stay open later than 9/930?

We’ve been going during the first week of June for the past several years. Last summer, MK was open until 11 or midnight each evening with a EMH until 1 am.

DHS and AK were open until 10 or 10:30 nightly.

Just be aware that many of the shops in the WS close at 9pm with the park even if it's EMH. We learned that the hard way a few trips ago, the WS is still the best late, regardless.

Have fun! :flower1:

Also good luck trying to find a beer or wine after 9pm. Last time we were there, all the vendors (except maybe the tequila bar--super crowded) were closing before Illuminations....
:confused3:drinking1

We’ve been going during the first week of June for the past several years. Last summer, MK was open until 11 or midnight each evening with a EMH until 1 am.

DHS and AK were open until 10 or 10:30 nightly.

And as someone going early June this year, I hope that trend continues. But I’m concerned that bookings are down enough for them not to (or at least not nightly).

It should be be mentioned that the shops won't let you in once the park close hours hit. So if there is something you need to get, make sure you're inside the shop prior to the closing hour. Now, they won't kick you out of the store just because closing hours have been reached, but you can't enter (even if your party is inside).

In Epcot, walking from the front of the park to the back to return to Boardwalk or Beachclub is kind of neat after the park closes. It's completely empty in the Int. Showcase area but still illuminated. Very pretty and a bit eerie even.

It should be be mentioned that the shops won't let you in once the park close hours hit. So if there is something you need to get, make sure you're inside the shop prior to the closing hour. Now, they won't kick you out of the store just because closing hours have been reached, but you can't enter (even if your party is inside).

In Epcot, walking from the front of the park to the back to return to Boardwalk or Beachclub is kind of neat after the park closes. It's completely empty in the Int. Showcase area but still illuminated. Very pretty and a bit eerie even.

Which parks are you talking about not letting you in stores? I have walked into Mousegears after closing in Epcot and pretty much all stores on Main Street after closing at MK.

In MK we tend to just find a bench somewhere and sit, have a snack, and people watch as the crowds leave - there's also the option of browsing through the shops on main street on your way out (but I'd recommend doing this just after the masses have left!). EPCOT, like many others have said, is definitely our favourite for walking through at night, and getting a late ADR for this is the best option. We always do Teppan Edo and then have a leisurely stroll through an empty world showcase, also means that any pictures we get along the way (including in front of the ball!) are completely void of other people, which is brilliant.

Which parks are you talking about not letting you in stores? I have walked into Mousegears after closing in Epcot and pretty much all stores on Main Street after closing at MK.
Both MK and Epcot stores were turning people away once the official closing hours hit. It was at Epcot where we weren't admitted even though my wife was inside shopping. We just had to wait outside until she finished.

Both MK and Epcot stores were turning people away once the official closing hours hit. It was at Epcot where we weren't admitted even though my wife was inside shopping. We just had to wait outside until she finished.

The MK Main Street Emporium and Epcot's Mouse Gears stay open well past closing time, even on EMH nights. Fortunately, not everyone knows this and feel they have to hurry to the shops before leaving the parks. This is just another factor in why the waits for the headline attractions are the shortest at the end of the evening.

One of my favorite "late night in the park" memories was after my daughter and I rode Splash Mountain at closing time, we relaxed in area near the exit with the chess table and chairs. Spent 30-45 minutes playing a semi-not-serious game of chess, enjoying the area with no one else around, and going over the day's events.

I haven’t read through this whole thread and I’m a little late but nighttime in the Park is the best time. We do rope drop but we always take a lengthy 4 hour break bc I will close down every park. We never rush out. I love just looking at all the magical lights. At MK I like to do either Astro Oribitor or the Swiss Family Treehouse last because I get a view of all the lights from way up high.

How is HS at close these days? Last year, we were hoping to get some snacks or do some shopping rather than fight the closing crowds, but absolutely nothing was open. Anyone know if that's still the case?

When we’re at the MK after closing, my husband insists on hitting every Photopass on the way out. By the time we’re at the front of the MK, we’re amongst the last people out. We’ve got some cool pictures over the years of a mostly empty Mainstreet. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter