News Round Up 2020

Today is the 30th anniversary of Universal Studios Florida now Orlando.

No not Disney but still related. The construction of this park pushed Disney and CEO Michael Eisner to create Disney’s MGM Studios. Right now both companies keep pushing each other further and it’s good for us as consumers.

Yet you wouldn’t know it. I haven’t seen or heard a single thing about it being the anniversary. I think theres some tshirts somewhere, I’ve seen photos. Quite the opposite of how Disney celebrates milestone anniversaries. Though I am tired of the endless parade of special cupcakes for special occasions. Seems like a cupcake and tshirt is now the standard WDW response to everything.

I enjoyed the last remaining orig attraction this morning. :)

Yet you wouldn’t know it. I haven’t seen or heard a single thing about it being the anniversary. I think theres some tshirts somewhere, I’ve seen photos. Quite the opposite of how Disney celebrates milestone anniversaries. Though I am tired of the endless parade of special cupcakes for special occasions. Seems like a cupcake and tshirt is now the standard WDW response to everything.

Voodoo Donuts has a special donut I believe.

I have heard a lot about it, but I frequent UO related FB pages and listen to a lot of UO podcasts.

Is there a rundown on all the new procedures and info disney announced for the reopening yesterday?

I have never scanned a QR code. Do I need a special app to do so if some restaurants are going to have their menus available that way?

Just to clarify one point. Tables in Wonderland calculates an 18% tip and adds it to your bill, so even if someone wanted to be a "bad" tipper they couldn't.
Oh i know thats specifically why I said May or May not have a tables in wonderland card, since I was talking about passholders either at WDW or Universal, I couldn't say everyone had a tables at wonderland card , since its pretty much useless at universal and isnt excepted at every place in WDW most but not all also tables at wonderland wont help you much if your tipping for non Dinning related things, like drinks at a Bar or tipping the cleaning staff. Regardless thank you for adding that yes indeed TIW includes tip for dinning experiences at over 100 disney restaurants though not all restaurants and not at all meals (example some places only accept for lunch or dinner not both).

Last edited:
Depends on the phone. Iphones automatically take you to the link. Unless you have a really old version of ios running.
totally OT, but if you take a photo of someone/something and there is a QR code in the photo as well, will it go to the link?

totally OT, but if you take a photo of someone/something and there is a QR code in the photo as well, will it go to the link?

No. You need to focus on the code, and even then, you're just presented with an unobtrusive option to follow the link, it's not the default.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter