News Round Up 2020

I don't follow Universal stuff like I do here- anyone know a good place/vlog/blob to find out how it's going? Are there long waits for rides? Are you even allowed to stand in lines as regular stand by?
Resort experiences?
Just curious!

I just did read a post that said the virtual system kept crashing and a lot of the rides only allowed for virtual queues, no stand-by.

This sounds like it will be a mess when Disney attempts! :D

I was there yesterday and even being there I honestly could not figure out what was going on. None of the VQ were available other than Hagrids, which I was shocked to get since we got there after noon. But we couldn’t ride the mummy, a ride I’ve never even waited more than 5 minutes for.

I genuinely have no idea which rides are and aren’t using the VQ. I get a different response from every Team Member ranging from “yes they all use it and if not showing up that means they are gone and you can’t ride today” “if it doesn’t show a VQ in the app that means standby is being used.” I also don’t like that I can’t see if there are VQ left for rides without being in the park. Since I don’t know what standby lines are available or how long they are, I have no idea if it’s worth going without just showing up.

Do we know if the reached capacity and they just set it very low (apparently lower than at passholders previews) or are people just staying away?
I'd be curious at that.

I just think it's early .. I am sure a ton of people are going to "wait and see" and the locals that would want to go have passes and probably went during the previews.

I mean .. how many vacationers are really there right now? Probably close to zero?

And how many locals (that don't have passes) really are just going to go to Universal on a FRIDAY on a whim like it is some Six Flags park? I know entertainment options are pretty limited right now, but single day prices are pretty expensive compared to other options.

I might have missed this being posted, but Craig reviewed his experiences at the previews. Apparently, anyone can request a VQ for whoever they want, so, 8 people in your party, then each of you request the VQ for a total of 8 rides on one particular attraction:scared1: I also think they were not putting much or any limits on how many VQ you could have a time. That's why there was very little availability past park opening. They really need to fix that, but I am not sure how easy it will be with their app setup. It's not like MDE or even Disneyland's app.

https://universal.wdwinfo.com/visiting-universals-parks-after-the-covid-19-closure/

I might have missed this being posted, but Craig reviewed his experiences at the previews. Apparently, anyone can request a VQ for whoever they want, so, 8 people in your party, then each of you request the VQ for a total of 8 rides on one particular attraction:scared1: I also think they were not putting much or any limits on how many VQ you could have a time. That's why there was very little availability past park opening. They really need to fix that, but I am not sure how easy it will be with their app setup. It's not like MDE or even Disneyland's app.

https://universal.wdwinfo.com/visiting-universals-parks-after-the-covid-19-closure/
Craig did say in an Instagram live today that he would retract some of the things in that article as today was much better than previews but that VQ piece still remains.

Craig did say in an Instagram live today that he would retract some of the things in that article as today was much better than previews but that VQ piece still remains.

I figured some things would get better. However, for those that don't have EP and don't arrive early or during early entry, the VQ thing stinks. I hope they fix it soon.

I'll apologize right off the bat because I don't name the name of the person whose Universal video I saw yesterday but they were saying that park goers seemed to be leaving fairly early. They felt it might be because of the unavailability of any more virtual queue space for the bigger rides along with it being hot/uncomfortable after a short while with the masks. They said they were still happy to go to the park and walk around, but they definitely weren't happy with how few virtual queues they could get their hands on and not necessarily happy with line length for things like lockers and sitting down at restaurants.

News

Although not exactly new information, it seems the live action Black Cauldron (Chronicles of Prydain) remake is still moving forward. Last information suggested a Disney+ series.

https://www.cbr.com/report-disney-developing-live-action-black-cauldron-project/
One of my favorite series growing up! I actually just re-read them during quarantine.

They’re definitely children’s books, but they’re worth reading if you never have before! Very different from the animated film Disney produced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter