News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although it's old, it uses a ride system that is used all over the place, so hopefully they won't have many issues getting parts for it.

According to the Touring Plans Lines App, Astro Orbiter was open today (I wasn't in that park today).

You'd think they could get Primeval Whirl up in a similar amount of time considering how common that ride system is. Still down, as announced.

According to the Touring Plans Lines App, Astro Orbiter was open today (I wasn't in that park today).

You'd think they could get Primeval Whirl up in a similar amount of time considering how common that ride system is. Still down, as announced.
Yeah, Astro Orbier is a very simple system, though, that is used on hundreds of rides around the country. I could build a copy in my backyard this week with locally sourced parts (excluding theming and elevators of course).

On a coaster there are probably many parts that are made once when the ride is being built and not much else. A few years back when I was at Cedar Point, the main lift cable for Millennium Force broke the night before I got there and it took them 2 months to get a new cable, iirc. That was from Intamin that is a major coaster supplier and was currently building other giga coasters, but they didn't have it in stock and it had to be custom built. So Cedar Point didn't have use of their flagship coaster for the entire summer. I run into parts like this all the time in aviation, even on aircraft in production some parts can take years to get new.

Also you have to think the Primeval Whirl isnt a E ticket ride, I doubt Disney keeps alot of its special parts in stock. I assume thats not the case for rides Space Mountain, 7 Dwarf Mine and Thunder Mountain, which they operate at several parks thoughout the world. I assume Disney might keep a more rebust stock of parts for there iconic rides then Primeval which is just a one off, off the shelf ride they bought to put in AK

Last edited:

I was there yesterday from EMM to fireworks and we never saw it going.

Was it busy or are crowds still light?

Walkways were pretty good. Less busy than last year. Waits though were standard. There were storms later in the day that really impacted things. We had no problem getting extra FPs. I’m not sure what happened at Splash around noon but the FP line was all the way passed the splash store and it took about 25 mins to get through it. If you can stand the real feel of 101 it’s a great time to go.

Also you have to think the Primeval Whirl isnt a E ticket ride, I doubt Disney keeps alot of its special parts in stock. I assume thats not the case for rides Space Mountain, 7 Dwarf Mine and Thunder Mountain, which they operate at several parks thoughout the world. I assume Disney might keep a more rebust stock of parts for there iconic rides then Primeval which is just a one off, off the shelf ride they bought to put in AK

Nevermind. Astro Orbiter is still closed today. First-hand report here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter