News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt worry about Disney+ they have put way to much money into it for it not to launch on time, also they already have a huge library from what isnt on Hulu so its not like they need to make content from scratch for launch day, even if all the new content they did announce was delayed they still have a huge library, so i wouldnt worry
I'm not worried about content, I'm worried about being about to browse to it quickly and easily and then it actually streaming in HD without errors and massive compression.

I think the worry is more about it being functional than the content showing up. Constant issue with their websites and apps get concerning for more demanding services.

Although Disney did and does have a large outsourcing of its IT to companies, normally these type of projects and launches are at least driven by more hands on Project Managers if not a internal team. In saying this because this is a specialized and outside what I would call normal day to day corporate IT maintenance and support, you are more likely to have a specialized contractor or internal team driving the whole project. This type of work wouldn't be handled by the same teams what would handle a call center or web traffic /database info for a travel agency. You also have to realize when Disney rolled out the magic bands program that team was all in house until after launch and it was "stable" which is debatable but regardless it wasn't until after they reached whatever arbitrary milestone that Disney outsourced the task. IF Disney was to do that with Disney+ it wouldnt be until it is in a stable place and fully launched if they even do it, regardless I dont think we have any worries to have have from a IT standpoint for launch, what happens later on, well that would be a decision for the bean counters at Disney

Although Disney did and does have a large outsourcing of its IT to companies, normally these type of projects and launches are at least driven by more hands on Project Managers if not a internal team. In saying this because this is a specialized and outside what I would call normal day to day corporate IT maintenance and support, you are more likely to have a specialized contractor or internal team driving the whole project. This type of work wouldn't be handled by the same teams what would handle a call center or web traffic /database info for a travel agency. You also have to realize when Disney rolled out the magic bands program that team was all in house until after launch and it was "stable" which is debatable but regardless it wasn't until after they reached whatever arbitrary milestone that Disney outsourced the task. IF Disney was to do that with Disney+ it wouldnt be until it is in a stable place and fully launched if they even do it, regardless I dont think we have any worries to have have from a IT standpoint for launch, what happens later on, well that would be a decision for the bean counters at Disney
I’m not that concerned about it myself. In house, Hulu works great. I’m assuming they’re smart enough to lean into how well that works to base their service on.

It would be kool to see a VR artist rendering to the Epcot changes at D23, doubt it will ever happen for any d23 event for any changes, but the tech is easily out there for them to do this type of experience.

also feels like there is a little bit of everything for every type of Disney fan - got the classic stuff with the Haunted Mansion 50th, then this progress stuff with EPCOT, then the Marvel stuff and Star Wars stuff for fans of those areas, etc.

Except they had to go and put the haunted Mansion panel at the same time as the galaxy's edge music panel :(

Has the news that Darth Vader replacing Kylo Ren in Launch Bay been discussed here? If so .. delete away moderators:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...experiences-across-disneys-hollywood-studios/
Makes sense after SWGE (can't have the same character in two place, right? ) .. but .. at the same time .. they are having a M&G with a "dead" character (I assume they went with Kylo, and Chewie to not only promote the new movies, but not have an old character). It feels that Disney was originally trying to push the "new" stuff over the nostalgia of the old, but now seem to be re-embracing the old (Bringing back Clone Wars, the Star Wars "kids" shorts, etc.). As much as it doesn't make "sense" to have Star Wars things outside of SWGE, I'm glad of this opportunity and that Star Tours and Jedi Training stays alive (for now).

Are they not planning on having a march of the first order within SWGE? Seems like a perfect spot (and perfect fit - thematically) for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter