News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are working on new retention ponds in such in that area. I’d need some
More context on where exactly you are talking about to know for sure.

If you can find me a good to size map I can show you exactly where I mean, I have tried to go through the Areials but the recent ones for epcot really only focus on Guardian and Rat Ride, No one likes to take pictures of a parking lot i guess. lol

guardians-of-the-galaxy-coaster-epcot-2-wdi-building-800x450.jpg

Ok ignore the Arrows, this is the best Areial I could steal from someones page. I was wrong about the placement of the 5 lane road, its on the other side of the epcot rail. Not sure of thats a new entrance or not but the area I am talking about is just in the far upper left of the picture behind the ball. There is a second Bridge there that is hidden and that land is still flat, you can see the drainage work near the monorail and even the first temp bridge, but near the second it is all flat and much larger then a staging area

guardians-of-the-galaxy-coaster-epcot-2-wdi-building-800x450.jpg

Ok ignore the Arrows, this is the best Areial I could steal from someones page. I was wrong about the placement of the 5 lane road, its on the other side of the epcot rail. Not sure of thats a new entrance or not but the area I am talking about is just in the far upper left of the picture behind the ball. There is a second Bridge there that is hidden and that land is still flat, you can see the drainage work near the monorail and even the first temp bridge, but near the second it is all flat and much larger then a staging area
The roadway is probably just for equipment and such. The dirt on the upper left is retention ponds.

The concept art definitely gave the feel of a "Tron miniland" or facelift to at least that part with the plaza out front and the Tron building sort of fitting with Space Mountain. Big variable is the speedway as if they don't update it, it will stand out like a sore thumb but if they do update it to have similar look it could really tie the whole area together

That plaza is what prompted me to post. I agree completely.

The dirt is not part of the retention pond what I am talking about starts more left then what the pictures shows, almost like it backs up to one of the land pavilions, like I said this has been flattened out into a pad, there isnt any staging equipment there either. the road is 5 lane and has had lines painted on it, the picture up there doesnt show it, but it looks like a literal 5 lane highway I have never seen a construction project where you would actually paint lines for traffic management if it was just for Utility vehicles. I could be wrong, and this picture doesnt really give you a good point of view, would need a good areial photo of the area to show more detail, but as everyone has written this area off as Retention pond, i dont think we will see much in better detailed photos

At $155 which is 2 1/2 times the amount you really have to be a "fat cat" to use this service. Most "rich" people I know are smarter with there money.

I’m going to offer an alternative theory as to who would use these: foreigners who speak little English or who want the Disney “peace of mind.” Having traveled to China and being in a city where most people did NOT speak English, I was more than happy to pony up $$ for a driver and tour guide/translator. Not quite apples to apples, but the point is, I was willing to pay money for peace of mind. Now, why they wouldn’t use ME instead is beyond me!

I’m going to offer an alternative theory as to who would use these: foreigners who speak little English or who want the Disney “peace of mind.” Having traveled to China and being in a city where most people did NOT speak English, I was more than happy to pony up $$ for a driver and tour guide/translator. Not quite apples to apples, but the point is, I was willing to pay money for peace of mind. Now, why they wouldn’t use ME instead is beyond me!

even non-foreigners I know a lot of people that just feel safer with Disney involved and want that holistic Disney vacation and this fits in with it. Obviously they need to have the disposable income to do this aren't those trying to save every last $ they can ... but I think it is those that just want 100% Disney when they go to Disney and if it costs an extra $100 so be it

even non-foreigners I know a lot of people that just feel safer with Disney involved and want that holistic Disney vacation and this fits in with it. Obviously they need to have the disposable income to do this aren't those trying to save every last $ they can ... but I think it is those that just want 100% Disney when they go to Disney and if it costs an extra $100 so be it

You are probably right and obviously the service is being used. I just think the price difference goes beyond paying a little more for Disney peace of mind. We don't have a defined budget when we go on vacation and we don't mind paying for quality, comfort, or convenience. But if $60 is the going rate than $100 would be the top out on the value there for me. Even my employer who is worth in the $100-$125 million area would not pay $155 for that knowing my driver would pick him up for $60. He's way to cheap for that...lol.

Has anybody heard if the Leave a Legacy stones are scheduled to be moved soon? I know its been rumored/discussed before but its been a while since I've heard more.

All true. Plus, don't underestimate how the total cost of a package can make these add-ons seem reasonable.

Example:
A 8-day stay at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort with a Pool View, 6-day Hopper Tickets, and Dining Plan for 2 adults and 2 kids is $8,915.92 for random dates in May. Anyone paying that isn't likely to freak out over an additional $310 for a private ride from/to the airport.

All true. Plus, don't underestimate how the total cost of a package can make these add-ons seem reasonable.

Example:
A 8-day stay at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort with a Pool View, 6-day Hopper Tickets, and Dining Plan for 2 adults and 2 kids is $8,915.92 for random dates in May. Anyone paying that isn't likely to freak out over an additional $310 for a private ride from/to the airport.
People are nuts.. I'm doing 8 nights in a 2-bedroom at Bonnet Creek in Sept and doing a 7 night cruise in an Owner's Suite on Liberty of the Seas and won't spend $9K combined all in.

I just had a friend drop 10k on a week trip staying at All Stars, I literally have no idea how.

Maybe it's just me but after that short Genie segment did anyone else think "The Fresh Genie of Bel-Air"? :confused3
Since no one can replicate Robin Williams, any actor attempting the role needed to be allowed to put their own spin on Genie.

But, unlike Fresh Prince, Will won’t contrast with a boring Phil or Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter