News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rumors on Jedi training? No dates are showing past March 2 and of course our HS day is March 3 with SDD FPs and two ADRs
Nothing as of now. I believe this happened a few months back where dates weren’t showing up. I wouldn’t expect it to go anywhere anytime soon.

I wonder where the Monorail replacement project is. I know its been stalled but I swear they need to get these replaced sooner then later, if Disney cant get the Manufacturer to retrofit to make the old style monorails there track uses, then maybe Disney needs to look at the cost of replacing the track with the newer standard, with possibilities to expand the line at a later date. I know it would be big Money but I think after 50 years it might be time to reinvest

I wonder where the Monorail replacement project is. I know its been stalled but I swear they need to get these replaced sooner then later, if Disney cant get the Manufacturer to retrofit to make the old style monorails there track uses, then maybe Disney needs to look at the cost of replacing the track with the newer standard, with possibilities to expand the line at a later date. I know it would be big Money but I think after 50 years it might be time to reinvest
If replacement is on track we should see them late 2020- early 2021 and it will be a progression. One at a time replaced.

I don't think Disney will ever expand the monorail further than it already is.

Any rumors on Jedi training? No dates are showing past March 2 and of course our HS day is March 3 with SDD FPs and two ADRs

Nothing as of now. I believe this happened a few months back where dates weren’t showing up. I wouldn’t expect it to go anywhere anytime soon.
They are just releasing these dates on a tighter timeline now. I asked this question myself back in January on the thread and all was fine. It's a little frustrating but I would fully expect them to have the full list of shows available for your date on March 3rd showing within a week :)

If replacement is on track we should see them late 2020- early 2021 and it will be a progression. One at a time replaced.

I don't think Disney will ever expand the monorail further than it already is.

Im still curious about the work being done to the right of the Monorail to EPCOT from the Transportation center, last week when I visited, I noticed they had what looks like a 5 lane road all paved and back in the trees on the other side of the drainage. Also noticed that where they are clearing by the far buss parking lot that they have 2 drop in Bridges to allow for easier access. These areas are not currently being graded for water management but look more flat like you would need for construction. Not sure what they are going to put back there, but its intriguing.

Needs to be r rated. And it won't be. So not sure I'm interested.

I don't know ... I'm pretty excited. Seems this might be like Disney's version of 'Adult Swim' which has plenty of classics sometimes riding right up to that 'R' mark. Looks like Dave Willis (Aqua Teen creator) will be working with Kevin Smith on Howard the Duck. And Patton Oswalt doing MODOK!!

I'm expecting quirky Aqua Teen, Harvey Birdman, Sealab, Venture Bros. etc type stuff

Maybe it's just me but after that short Genie segment did anyone else think "The Fresh Genie of Bel-Air"? :confused3

I had already posted this in the dedicated thread when the first image came out, but I thought that even before he was blue:

♪ ♫ ♪

Innnnnn West Agrabah, born and raised, in the market place is where I spent most of my days
Sweatin out, maxin', and relaxin' all hot, and all stealing some bread from baker's booth spot.
When a couple of guards, saw I was up to no good ... started makin' trouble in my neighborhood.
I got in one little fight and Abu got scared ... so a wizard had me get a lamp, my life it was spared!

I whistled for a ride and when he came near, I saw it was a flying carpet - there was nothing to fear
If anything I could say that this ride was rare, But I thought, come'on Abu let's take to the air!
I pulled up to a palace 'bout nine or ten, And I yelled to the princess "Yo, please let me in!"
Looked at her kingdom I was finally free, To sit on my throne as Prince Ali, fabulous he

♪ ♫ ♪

Im still curious about the work being done to the right of the Monorail to EPCOT from the Transportation center, last week when I visited, I noticed they had what looks like a 5 lane road all paved and back in the trees on the other side of the drainage. Also noticed that where they are clearing by the far buss parking lot that they have 2 drop in Bridges to allow for easier access. These areas are not currently being graded for water management but look more flat like you would need for construction. Not sure what they are going to put back there, but its intriguing.
Well they are working on new retention ponds in such in that area. I’d need some
More context on where exactly you are talking about to know for sure.

I don't know ... I'm pretty excited. Seems this might be like Disney's version of 'Adult Swim' which has plenty of classics sometimes riding right up to that 'R' mark. Looks like Dave Willis (Aqua Teen creator) will be working with Kevin Smith on Howard the Duck. And Patton Oswalt doing MODOK!!

I'm expecting quirky Aqua Teen, Harvey Birdman, Sealab, Venture Bros. etc type stuff

Ok I could see that. Bit surprised Disney would take it that far. I know it's the marvel brand and not Disney, but close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter