News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wasn't really a fan of either one. Cinderella made a little more sense since the original came out 65 years before the remake, and a slightly more modern take can make it more relate-able. Still, if I want to watch a Cinderella movie it'll be Ever After.
Remaking a 20ish year old movie doesn't make nearly as much sense to me. Especially when they butcher the songs with autotune.

Ever After!!

That's all I had to say.

It’s supposedly popular. Why else would you increase the price and expand hours?
I think you misunderstood my comment.
"We don't really want to do it price" is something you'd rather not be involved in, but you just can't say no to the silly amount of money someone is willing to pay for it. If they are going to pay you twice the going rate, you just have to do it, you'd be foolish not to.

I wasn't really a fan of either one. Cinderella made a little more sense since the original came out 65 years before the remake, and a slightly more modern take can make it more relate-able. Still, if I want to watch a Cinderella movie it'll be Ever After.
Remaking a 20ish year old movie doesn't make nearly as much sense to me. Especially when they butcher the songs with autotune.
Disney did do Cinderella with Brandy and Whoopi. That version however was more based on the musical. That came out in 1997 and was through in part Walt Disney Television and distributed by Buena Vista.

But agreed on Ever After :)

News

New Aladdin trailer

https://twitter.com/lightscamerapod/status/1094777452935684096?s=21

Um... not sure on this one...
This one makes me more interested than I had been, but I still have a hard time getting excited about it. Looks like it'll basically be the same story with live action. I do think Will Smith will likely be just fine, though.

Dumbo, on the other hand, is a must see for me. It looks like a completely different take on the story.

"We don't really want to do it price" is something you'd rather not be involved in, but you just can't say no to the silly amount of money someone is willing to pay for it. If they are going to pay you twice the going rate, you just have to do it, you'd be foolish not to.

I saw it more that disney saw others making money off something that they weren’t getting a piece of so they created this knowing people are willing to pay a premium to have Disney doing it.

So not that they don’t want to do it but rather just getting their share and targeting the portion of that pool willing to pay a premium

Any rumors on Jedi training? No dates are showing past March 2 and of course our HS day is March 3 with SDD FPs and two ADRs

We have a regular driver in Orlando that we met years ago that we use every trip. He drives a nice big comfortable Suburban and charges $60 for airport pickup or drop off from WDW. This isn't a taxi or Uber this is premium transportation.

At $155 which is 2 1/2 times the amount you really have to be a "fat cat" to use this service. Most "rich" people I know are smarter with there money.

I agree with this 100%. The heart of the original Cinderella, imo, were the mice. You take the focus off of them and it just doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!