News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually we go for at least two days and we're kinda board by about halfway through the 2nd day :rotfl:
We've been doing 3 days. But to be fair we haven't toured with EP as of yet and both 2011 and 2017 tickets were bought with a buy 2 days get 1 day free option so cost wise it was the parking (and of course food) for that 3rd day.

I've enjoyed having that more leisurely pace in terms of it but EP would lessen the amount of waits..though with Irma the waits were pretty dang low to begin with.

It's funny to think of adding Universal days to relax after a Disney vacation, but you're certainly not the first person to express that on these boards.
For my case Universal is never an add on it's part of the vacation :) . The amount of days is different spent at each though. I had liked alternating the days to give us a rest from WDW especially because my husband loves larger roller coasters but that won't be likely feasible the next trip with the ticket restrictions both WDW and USO have put in place in terms of how many days you have to use them after your first use.

-------------------------

My wife took my daughter to Universal to see the Harry Potter stuff and found it the opposite - that it was just ride, ride, ride and now “down” or “slow” attractions and that by like 3pm they were burnt out

But guess how you do each

Oh, I am sure that is part of it ... but my wife also said it wasn't just trying to do everything, but that everything was like and exciting ride - and they had express pass so she said it was just ride, then ride, then ride and all of them "fast' ... there weren't any attractions that you could just rest on and calm down a bit - no omnimovers or similar - and outside of the HP land not much just catch your breath and take in some of the details. So it wasn't just that they were trying to do as much as they could it was as what there was to do that made it more tiring to them

I see your point though. In terms of those slow rides Universal wasn't built with that in mind. Disney def. was. To that point though my husband gets so bored on those rides. He rides them for me lol but he would prefer more action. CoP and PeopleMover are def. acceptable slow rides to my husband though. The High in the Sky Seuss ride is a good one- you can get great views and pictures (both in day and night), Cat in the Hat is a slow ride, you can also sit and watch street acts if you will like Blues Brothers. I don't know if construction around it impacted it when they went but we dried off (after riding the 3 water rides in a row) just outside the splash zone for Jurassic Park River Adventure. That was so fun to relax and people watch not only the ones coming down on the ride but also those getting wet because of it. There's a QS burger/chicken sandwich style place inside the Discovery place too. In terms of HP we sat on the benches for a while just resting. One time we did have a beer though. The music and the ambience was nice to rest. We did more of that in Hogsmeade because seating was less prevalent in Diagon Alley.

But really a day is just not enough because no matter the lack of slow rides in comparison to Disney you still feel the crunch of just doing stuff to get your money's worth (maybe even moreso with having EP). On the other hand age, height and interest level in attractions available def. impacts this as well.

NEWS

Latest look at Guardians of the Galaxy's construction progress:

http://blogmickey.com/2019/02/lates...launch-tunnel-wall-opened-roof-work-and-more/

I thought this one photo, with the workers on the roof of the launch tunnel, really highlights how massive this structure is:
guardians-of-the-galaxy-roller-coaster-construction-02072019-14-1024x682.jpg
Yeah it sure does. Seen mostly aerial photos thus far in terms of being this up close to it (at least from my memory) but this is from ground level close up.

If my husband saw this pic he'd probably say "I hope they are tied off" lol...his engineer brain at work.

Yeah it sure does. Seen mostly aerial photos thus far in terms of being this up close to it (at least from my memory) but this is from ground level close up.

If my husband saw this pic he'd probably say "I hope they are tied off" lol...his engineer brain at work.
It’s definitely huge when running next to it.

I hope it’s good for as big as it is.

Wife won't be happy with that one. We've yet to see it, and we were making a point to see it this trip. Can you guess when the trips starts? Feb 26 of course.

I am bummed for you that you will miss something you were specifically targeting - though I will say, having seen it, it's not great. Definitely not up to the production quality of other shows on property (why I was hoping for a longer reno time to really give it a full redo)

I am bummed for you that you will miss something you were specifically targeting - though I will say, having seen it, it's not great. Definitely not up to the production quality of other shows on property (why I was hoping for a longer reno time to really give it a full redo)
Yeah, part of the reason we haven't seen it yet in our many trips is I've been luke warm on it.
She really wanted to go.....so I really wanted to go for her. So I'm disappointed for her, I'll be happy to spend the new found time at the baseline tap house.

Never seen Hercules at wdw. Saw Meg at one of the 24 hour events.

Maybe he's been out for one of the dvc events? Don't have dvc and can't justify that price just to meet rare characters.
I’ve seen (not me but bloggers and such) Hercules out randomly in the parks sometimes and he’s done runDisney events.

Our last trip was mostly disney but for the first time my wife took my oldest daughter over for one day to universal for the Harry Potter stuff (I just couldn’t justify the cost for the rest of us when my youngest two are too short to ride most things there)

But next year we might change tactic and do Universal and then see if they have a hard ticket event for Galaxy’s Edge and just do that at Disney

We just do one place or the other. With the tickets front loaded it doesn't make sense to do a split vacation. We did a split stay back in 2010, but since then we have stayed at Universal in 2012, 2015, and 2017. With the other years at Disney.

We just do one place or the other. With the tickets front loaded it doesn't make sense to do a split vacation. We did a split stay back in 2010, but since then we have stayed at Universal in 2012, 2015, and 2017. With the other years at Disney.

yeah, I don't know if we would do a true split stay - but why I wanted to see what hard ticket events they do for Galaxy's Edge - so if we could do just that without buying any regular Disney park tickets and then do Universal the rest of the time, I think that could be one way to do it

yeah, I don't know if we would do a true split stay - but why I wanted to see what hard ticket events they do for Galaxy's Edge - so if we could do just that without buying any regular Disney park tickets and then do Universal the rest of the time, I think that could be one way to do it

Yes I would do a hard ticket event. We considered doing a MVMCP one time, but decided just to stay at UO.

Our Disney stay in Dec. 2014 was 16 nights. :teeth:

It just doesn't make sense for us to pay the cost of flights from western Canada and travel that far unless its for at least 10 nights.

Yeah get that - same as like when people come over from the UK

I just can’t recall the last time I took much more than a week off from work. Well, last year we did Italy and I think, including travel it was like 10 days

Yeah get that - same as like when people come over from the UK

I just can’t recall the last time I took much more than a week off from work. Well, last year we did Italy and I think, including travel it was like 10 days

I'm entitled to 4 weeks vacation every year, but I rarely use it all. I've only used about 5 sick days in 17 years with this company and December is a slower month for us. They know my December trips to Orlando are my thing and they don't even blink when I say I'm taking 2 weeks off for that. I have staff working for me that have used more sick days this week than I have used in 10 years...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter