News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is due to a glitch. On our last trip I was using both MDE and the website to modify reservations on my account (just depending on what device I was using at the time) trying to separate a dining reservation as much as possible from my FP+ time.

After cancelling the ADR showing on the app well in advance (weeks prior), I was charged the cancellation fee during our time at Disney. When I called, she said she could see that I cancelled one but actually still had two reservations for the same restaurant remaining. All three reservations were only 5 - 10 minutes apart but weren't showing for me on either the app or website.

We discussed how that was "impossible" because when booking you have to cancel a reservation within the hour time frame to book another.

I do not have the most recent version of the iPhone app, but the can’t mofify message pops up immediately when I launch the app. However, if I click a reservation, the modify button is there & it will let me search new times. Our trip is next week (and I doubt I’ll need to change anything.)

I know some people try to get around paying the no show fee by modifying their reservation to push it back a few days and then cancelling it .... so wonder if they think this will make that harder if you can’t do it while out and about in the parks, etc via your phone
For me it's pretty much just as easy to go on the site in my browser and adjust things as it is to use the app. Which it doesn't seem like this would limit. I use the browser to add/change FPs almost as often as I use the app when I'm there, so that wouldn't be a big deal to me.

That's what I'm thinking, that there was a bug in the system which made Disney temporarily remove it or at least that's what I'm hoping. This does seem odd though.

I'd guess this is a temporary problem, just because removing that functionality for dining seems so ridiculously inconvenient. Even if some are using it to avoid a no-show charge, it seriously limits the usefulness of the app to take this feature away -- so much so that I have to doubt this is permanent.

Last edited:

News

World of Color returning February 22nd. Dining package available starting today.
I have started making a lot of Dining Packages. Since I am missing Fantasmic by a couple days, I'm happy I'm going to be able to see something besides Mickey's Mix Magic every night.

It is interesting. Count us as fans that overlap! We did a WDW/Universal combo for the first time last year (we had been waiting for the kids to be a little older). We loved Universal, but did feel the time crunch on the WDW side. We usually travel in April and I've already been thinking about what we'll do for our next trip. Do we skip Universal because of the time and/or money it might take to do SWGE, or do we do a couple of days at the end at Universal for a more relaxing, low-key (less planned, less crowded) end to things? Or will it not be relaxing at all because Universal will be crazy with overflow, lol! Things to ponder...

We are going to WDW this year before SWGE to miss the madness. It's intentional because I'm planning with 3 newbies in mind, along with my dad who hasn't been in over 20 years. So going to be a lot of ground to cover without the chaos that will be crowds for SWGE. Next year, or in 2021, we are going to do WDW specifically for SWGE. I'm planning right now to do a couple days at Uni and HP then. Might do fall and MNSSHP. We will see, but definitely planning to merge our family's geekdom of SW and HP into one trip :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter