• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the last time a movie had an intermission in a theater. I vaguely remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail had one, but was barely 3 minutes.

I think this does add to the epic nature of a blockbuster-style movie. Also, I can see concession stand sales skyrocketing.

2001. I saw it this fall at IMAX. It was a afternoon screening and it was just me and 6 or 7 other people. I guess it was all of our first time seeing a movie with an intermission because we all looked at each other after a few minutes wondering how long it would be.

I think it was about 10 min.

You said they took one day to go over to Universal. If someone took one day to go over to Magic Kingdom from their Universal resort, I'm pretty sure they would also be burnt out. I think the PP (and definitely I) was talking about leaving Disney altogether and spending a night or two at Universal at the end of a trip.

To be fair your family was only there for a day, so yeah it probably was rush rush.

It's usually not like that if you stay for more than a day.

Oh, I am sure that is part of it ... but my wife also said it wasn't just trying to do everything, but that everything was like and exciting ride - and they had express pass so she said it was just ride, then ride, then ride and all of them "fast' ... there weren't any attractions that you could just rest on and calm down a bit - no omnimovers or similar - and outside of the HP land not much just catch your breath and take in some of the details. So it wasn't just that they were trying to do as much as they could it was as what there was to do that made it more tiring to them

Oh, I am sure that is part of it ... but my wife also said it wasn't just trying to do everything, but that everything was like and exciting ride - and they had express pass so she said it was just ride, then ride, then ride and all of them "fast' ... there weren't any attractions that you could just rest on and calm down a bit - no omnimovers or similar - and outside of the HP land not much just catch your breath and take in some of the details. So it wasn't just that they were trying to do as much as they could it was as what there was to do that made it more tiring to them

I can understand that! For me, the rest ride was the Dr. Suess train! I could have ridden around on that thing for hours, but I am a big Peoplemover fan!

My opinion too. But I would express it as Universal rides get tireSOME not tiring. I just have enough of it after a few rides. We're ending up going back for memorial day weekend - DD wanted to go for her 16th birthday - we'll have 4 days there - I'm guessing by day 4 we will be wishing we were at Disney.

Usually we go for at least two days and we're kinda board by about halfway through the 2nd day :rotfl:
We usually stay at one of the resorts for two nights, sometimes three, and find plenty to do. That is pretty much how we do Disney too. I couldn't imagine doing a week or more theme park vacation, but maybe that's because I live relatively close, and can go for several weekends during the year rather than a week or more at a time. I save my long trips for non-theme park locations.

It is interesting. Count us as fans that overlap! We did a WDW/Universal combo for the first time last year (we had been waiting for the kids to be a little older). We loved Universal, but did feel the time crunch on the WDW side. We usually travel in April and I've already been thinking about what we'll do for our next trip. Do we skip Universal because of the time and/or money it might take to do SWGE, or do we do a couple of days at the end at Universal for a more relaxing, low-key (less planned, less crowded) end to things? Or will it not be relaxing at all because Universal will be crazy with overflow, lol! Things to ponder...

So we are in this situation if GE is open Thanksgiving week. My first love for theme parks is Disney. I am a Potter fanatic. I love Star Wars.

Right now we have 2 days at Universal booked to start our trip. We move to WDW for 6 days after. I thought about switching that around, but I really don't want to, as I don't know when we will be back to WDW after that trip.

It's tough when you don't know what will actually be open!!!

2001. I saw it this fall at IMAX. It was a afternoon screening and it was just me and 6 or 7 other people. I guess it was all of our first time seeing a movie with an intermission because we all looked at each other after a few minutes wondering how long it would be.

I think it was about 10 min.
I believe Gettysburg also had an intermission, but drawing a blank when it came out.

NEWS

Latest look at Guardians of the Galaxy's construction progress:

http://blogmickey.com/2019/02/lates...launch-tunnel-wall-opened-roof-work-and-more/

I thought this one photo, with the workers on the roof of the launch tunnel, really highlights how massive this structure is:
guardians-of-the-galaxy-roller-coaster-construction-02072019-14-1024x682.jpg

Nah, it's a local trade school. They are in charge of the launch section. What could possibly go wrong?

It appears we have to choose between a Wednesday HHN OR free nighttime event at Typhoon Lagoon. Which would you choose? Obviously FREE is appealing but I've heard so much about HHN (NOT free).
For us that would be an easy decision as we're not into scary. We'd be heading to TL but honestly we're not really looking at it as apples to apples. We went to MNSSHP last year and avoided everything even remotely scary - parade, fireworks, etc. We were only at WDW doing a water parks trip so I added MNSSHP as an opportunity to ride rides with short lines and trick or treat. Worked perfectly for us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter