News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of Disney’s systems are connected.

And therein lies the risk unless they are able to quickly switchgate energy/power in events like happened yesterday; the definition of quick is subjective. Failure modes occur, but the question of time to reactionary energy/power diversion is a question I have.

And therein lies the risk unless they are able to quickly switchgate energy/power in events like happened yesterday; the definition of quick is subjective. Failure modes occur, but the question of time to reactionary energy/power diversion is a question I have.

Its unlikely that Disney would do much to change the way the parks specifically are setup in there power grid. Since Disney loves to run Utilities under ground. It would involve dismantlement and replace of two much infrastructure to make it feasible unless they actually closed the parks to do so.. Even Magic Kingdom which has the most extensive Use to Utilidoors and Corridors would take to much retro fitting and require to much work for Disney to conceivably even try

Its unlikely that Disney would do much to change the way the parks specifically are setup in there power grid. Since Disney loves to run Utilities under ground. It would involve dismantlement and replace of two much infrastructure to make it feasible unless they actually closed the parks to do so.. Even Magic Kingdom which has the most extensive Use to Utilidoors and Corridors would take to much retro fitting and require to much work for Disney to conceivably even try

Unlikely until the current infrastructure mandates a holistic change (reference current monorail situation and pushing operational limits).

I respectfully disagree that it absolutely, has to involve an approach of using the current underground labyrinth. What I am introducing is a question for an approach in a series of partitioned microgrids for each WDW theme park (for the time being) to provide enough switch-over buffer until the system self-adjusts (likely based on voltage or amperage drop within a tolerance specification and is rate-based). The U.S. military is well aware of the security priority as part of a secured microgrid for our FOB (forward operating bases).

I do not want to spin this into a technical discussion on this thread, but I do have some/extensive background on this front from a domestic perspective.

Cooling systems on large campuses (colleges, businesses, theme parks, etc.) work far differently than what homes and buildings use. They rely on cooling or chilling facilities that are entire buildings dedicated to cooling water or air as efficiently as possible and then distributing it across the campus. I assume that it was I such a building the problem arose.

This would not be a legacy system, but most likely a state of the art facility that functions far more effectively than what we use at home.

It would also have nothing to do with the power grid aside from using energy from it.

Actually and referring to state-of-the-art, my somewhat recent visit to USC (University of Southern California) - San Diego campus, relied on their self-sufficiency to back-supply the greater SD (San Diego region) through a multitude of renewable sources (bio, azimuth PV, storage containers, etc.). They are able to achieve ~$800K net savings from San Diego; I best stop here as I don't want to potentially compromise NDA's.

I am well aware of the the cooling requirement challenges for Universities as I/we worked directly with Florida Power and Light (FP&L) and (FESC) Florida Energy Storage Consortium to present tangible solutions to businesses/commerce/residential.

Unlikely until the current infrastructure mandates a holistic change (reference current monorail situation and pushing operational limits).

I respectfully disagree that it absolutely, has to involve an approach of using the current underground labyrinth. What I am introducing is a question for an approach in a series of partitioned microgrids for each WDW theme park (for the time being) to provide enough switch-over buffer until the system self-adjusts (likely based on voltage or amperage drop within a tolerance specification and is rate-based). The U.S. military is well aware of the security priority as part of a secured microgrid for our FOB (forward operating bases).

I do not want to spin this into a technical discussion on this thread, but I do have some/extensive background on this front from a domestic perspective.

I’m not saying it can’t be done, I’m saying it’s unlikely that Disney would want to assume the cost which you can verify is a large one. Regardless of how it’s implemented it would still require vast amount of both capital and time. The work would more than likely have to be completed at night and in phases. Disney has proven they are willing to retrofit some infrastructure aka monorails but only so far. Aka buying new trains or building new trains on a older rail size standard, instead of adopting a new standard and replacing the current beams and that is client facing and a Disney icon. Disney would be unlikely to invest in something that doesn’t give them significant capital gains or isn’t client facing and required they may take that approach if they build a 5th Park in the future but I doubt the cost and risks to operations of such a upgrade would ever be done at the original 4.

Remember reading pages back about decreased crowds expected this summer (not sure how much this was based on — some discounts being offered?).

Just noticed that MK hours have been extended during our Aug trip (11pm close and some 8am opens), which they did NOT do last year (something I complained a good deal about!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter