News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only question is which will make more for Disney next year:

Lion King or avengers 4.

That’s actually a serious question. Both have billion dollar potential for sure. We also have episode 9 that could be up there as well.

A good question - but when you break it down I don't think it'll be close.

Avengers has the bigger international appeal. Not to say Lion King won't do well overseas, but comparables:
Avengers 1 = #6 All-time World BO $1.51 Bil
Avengers 2 = #8 All-time World BO $1.40 Bil
Avengers 3 = #4 All-time World BO $2.05 Bil
Avengers 4 will likely appeal at LEAST as big as 3 - So let's call it $2 Bil. Quite likely more.

Lion King comparable? Beauty & the Beast did $1.26 Bil (#14 all-time) - the best of the revivals. Jungle Book did < $1 Bil, Alice in Wonderland about $1 Bil taking advantage of the Avatar wave. After that we drop to Maleficent at $780 million.
I think the Lion King is in that higher range - probably at the high end similar to B&tB, but if we give it a generous $1.3 Bil, that still brings it up $700 million short of the Avengers movie. Episode 9 is the bigger threat - but realistically I think that Avengers still wins.

Oh - and we should point out with the release of the trailer, they've moved the release date up to April 26th. I think most other releases were expecting this - they did the same last year with Infinity War - but could lead to some shuffling of releases in April. (Already no major release on 4/26 and 4/19 so likely already anticipated.)

With the release of this trailer can we finally say any spoiler concerns for Infinity War are officially at an end? The trailer spells out exactly what happened if anyone didn't see it.

Any word yet on anticipated return date for the dragon from the parade? Here until the 13th so fingers crossed, but I know it’s a long shot!

i didn't mind as much because it was him questioning the path he was going down and the whole: No, it isn't complete what my Grandfather started its "let the past die" and do things differently going forward. It's not the Empire's way it's a new way. So the logic was there

Agree to disagree. They are in damage control IMO.

No matter how its sliced, RJ and TLD (through Snoke) claimed he (Kylo) looked ridiculous with that thing on.

Then they had him smash it to pieces, and finished (went forward) the movie without it.

They absolutely realise he had much more of a villian look with it, and are scrambling to explain a way to bring it back.

But maybe he evolves now and it isn't "let the past die" it's "learn from the past - take what works and leverage it, but don't be beholden to it" (which I think is what Rey will learn too in regards to the Jedi order) - so he has a mask now he uses when it makes sense, but he is also ok removing it at times

Now that I can agree with, esp thinking Lucas/Disney.

Agree to disagree. They are in damage control IMO.

No matter how its sliced, RJ and TLD (through Snoke) claimed he (Kylo) looked ridiculous with that thing on.

Then they had him smash it to pieces, and finished (went forward) the movie without it.

They absolutely realise he had much more of a villian look with it, and are scrambling to explain a way to bring it back.

Now that I can agree with, esp thinking Lucas/Disney.

yeah, and just to be clear, I get your point, particularly in regards to what Snoke said (though it could be argued he was just trying to belittle Keylo/put him in his place) - more the story arc he was on or at least what he was telling himself I see as making some sense.

(but the larger angle is that if you have to do this much mental gymnastics to have it make sense it probably wasn't the best storytelling)

yeah, and just to be clear, I get your point, particularly in regards to what Snoke said (though it could be argued he was just trying to belittle Keylo/put him in his place) - more the story arc he was on or at least what he was telling himself I see as making some sense.

(but the larger angle is that if you have to do this much mental gymnastics to have it make sense it probably wasn't the best storytelling)

Not gonna lie-I like him way better with the helmet option. Whoever designed it must have smashed the nearest breakable object, and kicked the dog when they found out.

Just hoping it's not completely stupidly obvious when/if they bring the helmet back.

I actually like/hope they are fixing this mess.

Next on deck Luke, Leia, Lineage and Light Saber (let me guess-more glue).

H Mention to Snoke, Knights of Ren and Phasma.

Adding a second DAYTIME parade during a busy day feels like it would make things worse (as the route is blocked off and people crowd up the sidewalks)

Maybe they should .. I don't know .. add a NIGHTTIME parade . lol.
No it spreads out crowds and gives people more opportunity to see the parade. Disney does double parades all the time around Christmas.

No it spreads out crowds and gives people more opportunity to see the parade. Disney does double parades all the time around Christmas.
I guess I can see that. If tons of people are seeing the parade .. it should be less crowded (relatively) in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and Adventureland.

My last time at the MK we totally missed the parade somehow (wasn't used to the new-ish time) -- it is easy to not even know it is going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter