News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wanting to go to Tokyo Disney for a while now but I decided to wait till 2020 to go so I can be there for this ride. Ever since they announced this I have been super excited about this project and this sneak peek didn't disappoint!
Going in 2020 also will be my first time. This got even more excited can’t wait I’m more excited for Tokyo than next year will be going to Disneyland for the first time even with galaxies edge.

If anyone is interested this was a thread started on Monday about it: https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-lockers-standard-size-now-2.3723306/

In the thread the terms are a tad different: normal sized lockers (standard) =free and standard sized lockers (large)=$2, in the article linked standard sized lockers=free and large lockers=$2
They discussed it on the Dis Universal podcast today too and said standard lockers are free and large lockers are $2.

They discussed it on the Dis Universal podcast today too and said standard lockers are free and large lockers are $2.
Yup. I only pointed out the different terms because even though everyone is talking about the same thing and meaning the same size the author of the thread I linked uses the term normal when the actual term is standard and they use the term standard when the actual term is large....so it could be confusing lol.

Yea they might have some good ones in GE, can't wait. Although Kylo in particular would have looked better with the ridiculous mask IMO, oh well. :sad2:

The mask may look different but he's wearing one in Epsiode 9 so it's likely to come back

Last edited:
News

Kevin Hart stepping back as Oscars host after backlash from old tweets

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1070910451343679488?s=21

I do find all these situations interesting (this, James Gunn, etc.) - and not to say I disagree with the decision to get rid of him, just more questions raised about these situations in general
- are these firms/entities not doing proper vetting?
- how does it come out now? Do people have this information and just sit on it or do people start to dig once someone is named to a certain position? Just coincidence?
- are people able to overcome past mistakes? Not to say what is done in the past "doesn't count or doesn't matter" but are people allowed to make mistakes and learn from it and grow and be better? Who decides? How can this improvement be proved or measured?

again, not saying I disagree with the Oscars getting rid of him or Disney getting rid of Gunn or any specific situation - more the topic in general

at least hopefully all of these cases can be lessons for others (everyone, but especially young people) that be careful what you put on twitter, etc. - even if you think it is no big deal or just a joke or just messing around with friends, it can come back to haunt you

Today is our 180 days for an early June trip. After a whole lot of glitches in both the app and several browsers, I successfully booked all my dining EXCEPT LTT. I’m not seeing any availability for any meals there from 6/1/19 and beyond. Is there a refurb coming?

I do find all these situations interesting (this, James Gunn, etc.) - and not to say I disagree with the decision to get rid of him, just more questions raised about these situations in general
- are these firms/entities not doing proper vetting?
- how does it come out now? Do people have this information and just sit on it or do people start to dig once someone is named to a certain position? Just coincidence?
- are people able to overcome past mistakes? Not to say what is done in the past "doesn't count or doesn't matter" but are people allowed to make mistakes and learn from it and grow and be better? Who decides? How can this improvement be proved or measured?

again, not saying I disagree with the Oscars getting rid of him or Disney getting rid of Gunn or any specific situation - more the topic in general

at least hopefully all of these cases can be lessons for others (everyone, but especially young people) that be careful what you put on twitter, etc. - even if you think it is no big deal or just a joke or just messing around with friends, it can come back to haunt you
I've also wondered if people have been boycotting anything he's been in since 2009-2011 like most recently that I can think of is his movie Night School. Do people choose not to go see his movies, watch his comedy specials because of his tweets when he first made them?

As far as looking for a host for something I do wonder also how exhaustive of a search (assuming they are doing one) do they do? It happened 7-9 years ago so were they digging around that far back before they asked him to be the host?

And FWIW I get really sad when I hear the type of comments in the tweets we're talking about as I've heard them from my husband's step siblings (no longer by marriage) but in all honesty if I saw those types of comments in a comedy special I wouldn't be as sad as if I was seeing them via Twitter but that's purely a personal thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter