News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I kind of hope this goes out to WDW too. Now I will say Disney doesn’t help themselves when they set no limits or limits of 10. Set a limit of 2 maybe 5 max.
Absolutely. Although Disney still gets their money either way, so who knows if they will ever change their policies (or create a policy) on limiting some items.

I kind of hope this goes out to WDW too. Now I will say Disney doesn’t help themselves when they set no limits or limits of 10. Set a limit of 2 maybe 5 max.

A limit of 1 is all they need. If the purpose is to let more enjoy something don't let anybody buy multiple. And it's not like limiting the number someone can buy is going to keep the limited edition stuff from selling out. If they choose to sell that 1, then that's their choice. They could easily tie the purchase to a park ticket/ Magicband to enforce it.

A limit of 1 is all they need. If the purpose is to let more enjoy something don't let anybody buy multiple. And it's not like limiting the number someone can buy is going to keep the limited edition stuff from selling out. If they choose to sell that 1, then that's their choice. They could easily tie the purchase to a park ticket/ Magicband to enforce it.
That’s never going to happen. I have friends pick me up items all the time too so I wouldn’t want it to happen.

That’s never going to happen. I have friends pick me up items all the time too so I wouldn’t want it to happen.
I mean I do that too and buy gifts for others quite often. But if they actually want to cut into the scalping they have to limit it far enough to where it's not worth the trouble for resale, so 2 would be effective as well. If they can buy and sell multiple, it's easier to make a profit quicker.

I guess I can see that. If tons of people are seeing the parade .. it should be less crowded (relatively) in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and Adventureland.

My last time at the MK we totally missed the parade somehow (wasn't used to the new-ish time) -- it is easy to not even know it is going on!
3:00 :duck:

This is incredible. It makes me wonder about the dynamics behind the decisions on what to add to which park. Do they add something like this to a park that needs a boost in attendance? On the other hand is WDW drawing enough that they don’t feel like they need to bother or extend their reach? Other than 7DMT I can’t think of any new experience introduced in WDW. And even so it seems 7DMT was designed because they had to do something.

This is incredible. It makes me wonder about the dynamics behind the decisions on what to add to which park. Do they add something like this to a park that needs a boost in attendance? On the other hand is WDW drawing enough that they don’t feel like they need to bother or extend their reach? Other than 7DMT I can’t think of any new experience introduced in WDW. And even so it seems 7DMT was designed because they had to do something.
Tokyo needs expansion for growth. Their attendance has been sort of stagnant. Their 35th celebration will help this year and in 2020 Tokyo is hosting the Olympics. OLC is always looking to up the game and stay fresh as well. DisneySea is getting a major expansion as well.

Tokyo needs expansion for growth. Their attendance has been sort of stagnant. Their 35th celebration will help this year and in 2020 Tokyo is hosting the Olympics. OLC is always looking to up the game and stay fresh as well. DisneySea is getting a major expansion as well.
Makes sense plus they probably think that they don’t need to do much domestically since so many people visit on a regular basis. Still I can’t help but be jealous.

Looks awesome. With this and Pandora I’m hoping it starts a trend on how they approach additions to wdw parks. I recently experienced TSL and despite all of the negative vibes thought it was quite immersive. Granted I wasn’t there for long but definitely got the feeling of having been shrunken down to toy level.

Where is the crew tonight rteetz? Seems like me and you. I’m bored enough to be rewatching the Bears loss to NY. And while no one else is watching or paying attention. What’s your take in the McCarthy firing

I would agree on a limit of two. Sometimes you do pick something up for a friend. Anyone buying 3 or more is more than likely buying it to sell. Those few people buying a pile for their friends better just bring along an extra person. (And yes, I've had people buy things for me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter