News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I put the call out and managed to get myself a hatbox ghost tiki. Apparently it was not easy, and people lined up early and they passed out wrist bands.

Small consolation though, since I was in a car accident a week ago and the damage estimate just sky rocketed on my beloved Challenger and now I'm worried they're going to call it a total loss.

Bummer to hear about the Challenger. If it's too bad, you probably don't want them to try to do a hack repair anyway. Are they still making those? We had a very beloved BMW that got totaled a few years ago. Even the tow truck driver got depressed when he looked at it. He said he had always wanted one. I don't drive my 18 year old convertible often, because I'm afraid someone will ding the door and they will total it. It's not worth much anymore, and I bought it new. Good news on the mug front though:thumbsup2

Well I put the call out and managed to get myself a hatbox ghost tiki. Apparently it was not easy, and people lined up early and they passed out wrist bands.

Small consolation though, since I was in a car accident a week ago and the damage estimate just sky rocketed on my beloved Challenger and now I'm worried they're going to call it a total loss.
oh my goodness, my husband just totaled his Challenger. He was devastated. It was a 2009 RT Classic with a lifetime warranty on all repairs from the dealer. He got another one but it's just not the same. I kind of understand what you're going through.

Spaceship Earth closing for 2.5 years? Thinking about Phantom Manor at DLP, had a major overhaul and could be closed for 1 year with similar ride system?

Wow! My county library system had it up awhile ago because I put a hold on it Sept 11 and I'm number 846 in the queue. No idea when I'll get it, but that's ok.
It's at least when it showed up in the catalog for mine. Sometimes I see movies pop up real fast and others take more time.

For instance on 9/8 I put a hold for Incredibles 2 which had to have been up on the catalog for just a few days. At that point I was already #292. Presently I'm #283 out of 659 total holds. It says though that the library system is ordering a total of 100 copies so it won't take too too long for me to get it given that check out period is 2 weeks for DVDs and you cannot renew items with holds on it.

It's actually interesting what movies garner the most holds.

I saw one candle labeled "Splash Mountain water" and I was thinking who wants a candle that stinks that bad - but Rome is burining is great.
I don't know if peeps will find this interesting or not but I did enough to go through a wormhole of youtube and google sometime last year.

The reason the waters for Splash and Pirates and the like has a distinctive smell is because Disney uses Bromine (and I'm sure other parks out there as well) in the water. Pirates also has a musty smell in the queue and whatnot but one of the scents I've seen is called Pirates water so they are trying to mimic that bromine-like smell.

oh my goodness, my husband just totaled his Challenger. He was devastated. It was a 2009 RT Classic with a lifetime warranty on all repairs from the dealer. He got another one but it's just not the same. I kind of understand what you're going through.

Mine is 2010. So far damage estimate is up to almost 8k. They're doing the tear down right now. If they find anything else the insurance will want to call it totalled. Problem is the frame got bent, though it's still driveable and the only other damage was to the bumper. Ive been pretty sick over it. I didn't even do anything wrong, I was hit from behind while at a yeild sign. I want to keep the car forever so I'm not doing very well right now while I wait.

Bummer to hear about the Challenger. If it's too bad, you probably don't want them to try to do a hack repair anyway. Are they still making those? We had a very beloved BMW that got totaled a few years ago. Even the tow truck driver got depressed when he looked at it. He said he had always wanted one. I don't drive my 18 year old convertible often, because I'm afraid someone will ding the door and they will total it. It's not worth much anymore, and I bought it new. Good news on the mug front though:thumbsup2

Yeah they still make challengers. They're keeping their value very well. Problem is Missouri is an 80% damage threshold state before they get to trash it. I'm pretty angry at insurance right now. I should be put back in the position I was in before their driver hit me.

Yeah if it does get fixed I'll be afraid to drive it ever again.

Mine is 2010. So far damage estimate is up to almost 8k. They're doing the tear down right now. If they find anything else the insurance will want to call it totalled. Problem is the frame got bent, though it's still driveable and the only other damage was to the bumper. Ive been pretty sick over it. I didn't even do anything wrong, I was hit from behind while at a yeild sign. I want to keep the car forever so I'm not doing very well right now while I wait.
It sucks to hear when DISers have things go wrong IRL but it's good you're not hurt.

A challenger is obviously very different than my car (a 2002 ZX2) but back in 2010 I was hit twice (the woman hit the gas instead of the brakes causing her to rearend me twice) while I was stopped at a red light.

My back frame did get a tad bent but they worked it out, got a new bumper, the paint job was actually a big portion of the bill. Mine would have been totalled out back then if they had found about $1,000-$1,500 more in damage--that was back in 2010 though. The damage was about $3K for mine but my car started out brand new cheap anyways.

I've had my car for almost 13 years at this point, it's been the only car I've owned and I've owned it outright (meaning no financing). I do not want to see my Annabelle (yeah I know naming cars is strange) gone. I feel you on the fear of losing your car even if my car is a junk car compared to a Challenger lol.

Between the weather and your accident I feel like I need to apologize for our area not showing you much welcoming :laughing: (I take no responsibility if the accident occurred in Missouri though :P)

Spaceship Earth closing for 2.5 years? Thinking about Phantom Manor at DLP, had a major overhaul and could be closed for 1 year with similar ride system?
Phantom Manor is a bit different than SSE. It’s a bit harder to work inside a giant sphere than in an attraction flat on the ground.

This seems a little shocking to me. Over 2 years is a LONG time for a refurb/overhaul.
Space Mountain closed at Disneyland for 2 years when they replaced the whole track. And that is for something with just metal track and supports plus projections. From the rumor report, they are going to be pulling out and replacing the whole ride system plus updating the scenes. And they may get rid of the whole back building too, so I could easily see that taking 2 years.

Probably why they indefinitely postponed the Ratatouille floor replacement. They realized it would probably go far beyond schedule and didn't want to deal with it.

OhioStateBuckeye, post: 59843972, member: 161780"]Mine is 2010. So far damage estimate is up to almost 8k. They're doing the tear down right now. If they find anything else the insurance will want to call it totalled. Problem is the frame got bent, though it's still driveable and the only other damage was to the bumper. Ive been pretty sick over it. I didn't even do anything wrong, I was hit from behind while at a yeild sign. I want to keep the car forever so I'm not doing very well right now while I wait.[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. This is Pappy P's husband she wrote you about my loss of my '09 Torred 6 speed RT Classic with performance exhaust. I was depressed, sad and couldn't smile for anything. I was at the edge of my seat too at the time, waiting for the insurance company to verify if the car was fixable or not. When I got the call that the car was dead, I had a lump in my throat and felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't think of any other car I wanted to drive. I just picked up a '15 last week, not the same as the 09, but I'm warming up to it quickly.
Best of luck to you

Obviously only got snippets but I thought the music sounded good (also obviously that you would know better than I though)
That is one thing that I did pick up on. The music did sound good, and I like the hints of the original score.

Well now I am excited... Disney needs to stop doing this to me.
I agree, but I really want the Lion King teaser!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter