News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
many Cast Members will debut a new costume design that will further enhance the story of the park, beginning with the areas below:
  1. Oscar’s Super Station
  2. ABC Commissary
  3. Star Wars Launch Bay (Character Attendants)
  4. Woody’s Lunch Box
  5. Toy Story Land merchandise

They already needed to redesign the costumes for Toy Story Land areas?
They have been doing a lot of costume redos so I am not surprised really. I think all the TSL costumes are the same right now so maybe this will be a distinction between food/merch and attractions.

I think given it’s current stage of production, outputting a teaser, as would be mandated based on a suit-determined release/marketing schedule, with primarily CG imagery was likely most prudent, and not necessarily reflective of the film as a whole; hard to judge at this point.

The formula of relying heavily on music/text with only a glimpse of the live action is consistent with how Beauty and the Beast handled its teaser.
Good point.
Personally, I was turned off by the houseware animation in Beauty and the Beast trailers, but wound up really enjoying the movie.

Not sure if I would say "poor" but it definitely looks like the entire things was shot against a green screen and they are just actors inside a CGI World

It just looked less real and organic than the other "live action" CGI movies they've done recently. But it's possible that will be fixed by the time the actual movie comes out.

Oh the feels...SO sad it will be closing for 2 1/2 years (if true), nervous they’ll change our favorite parts, but excited for what may be added.

This is one of our absolute favorite rides. We considered a trip for next summer in the hopes it will be slow due to SWGE opening in the fall. If SE indeed closes, our trip became a lot more likely.

Probably why they indefinitely postponed the Ratatouille floor replacement. They realized it would probably go far beyond schedule and didn't want to deal with it.

Anyone have any further information on ratatouille at Disneyland Paris? Going to be there in July 2019 and would be really disappointed to not get to ride. Thank you!!

Get rid of it? People love that.

Wow! Did not realize that smell had such a strong positive reaction for so many people...I redact my request. I myself find it to be too overpowering when I go by, but I can just endure.

Hey rteetz IIRC we are both going to be there for F&W 1/2 marathon. My wife and I are bringing some of her Run Disney friends to the DVC lounge in BLT for the Hallowishes fireworks on the 31st. If you haven't done it and would like to join the group send me a PM and we can arrange a meet up time. This will be my first time and I hear it is a great experience. Good luck on the run!

Hey rteetz IIRC we are both going to be there for F&W 1/2 marathon. My wife and I are bringing some of her Run Disney friends to the DVC lounge in BLT for the Hallowishes fireworks on the 31st. If you haven't done it and would like to join the group send me a PM and we can arrange a meet up time. This will be my first time and I hear it is a great experience. Good luck on the run!
Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I don't arrive until very early on Nov. 1st. Good luck to you as well!

Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I don't arrive until very early on Nov. 1st. Good luck to you as well!

Originally, we planned to go Sunday night then head over to the after party. Then we found out flights were considerably cheaper if we left Weds. afternoon. Realizing that we could watch the expanded fireworks show that night we could use Sunday night as back up if Weds is too busy. So both days are in play. Offers there for you if you have the desire.

Did not realize that smell had such a strong positive reaction for so many people...I redact my request. I myself find it to be too overpowering when I go by, but I can just endure.
Your sense of smell is very very strongly connected to your memories. If you make enough of a connection to something smelling it again will immediately bring that memory back to the forefront of your mind.

Til this day the smell of hot asphalt (especially on a sunny warm/hot day) remindes me of Worlds of Fun from my childhood lol. I think in large part that's why these types of scents have made their way to merchandise like candles, sprays and wax melts- because someone can purchase it and be transported back to Spaceship Earth, back to Beach/Yacht Club, back to the Poly, etc.

I'm not sure why folks would do this as other DVC unless they have a regular room at WL. And then if they have that, there have been reports of upgrading to CL access for $100/night (not per person). The Reunion Station stuff just seems odd...and I'm not even DVC.
It seems that whole Geyser Point building complex they haven't figured out how to best utilize.

AFAIK the DVC rooms cannot add the regular lodge club level onto their rooms. I agree that Reunion Station isn't quite right. It's not a good value and clearly it hasn't been selling well. For that cost, it really should be either all day like traditional club level or just make it a community hall with paid activities as an add-on.

Your sense of smell is very very strongly connected to your memories. If you make enough of a connection to something smelling it again will immediately bring that memory back to the forefront of your mind.

Til this day the smell of hot asphalt (especially on a sunny warm/hot day) remindes me of Worlds of Fun from my childhood lol. I think in large part that's why these types of scents have made their way to merchandise like candles, sprays and wax melts- because someone can purchase it and be transported back to Spaceship Earth, back to Beach/Yacht Club, back to the Poly, etc.

For me the smell of diesel exhaust (almost exclusively from buses for some reason) reminds me of the parking trams from Disney World in the 80s. It's crazy how connected memory and your senses are.

That said, I don't go around trying to smell diesel exhaust; nor do I think a diesel candle is a good idea. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter