• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Coastal Construction Group will be building a 350 room hotel tower at the site of the Swan/Dolphin tennis courts.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...skanska-coastal-demartino-20171017-story.html

Edit: Sorry Ryan, didn't see where you had already posted this info.

Another hotel to mess up the slight lines in World Showcase, already have the Swan/Dolphin, now add this hotel along with the Riviera Resort and gondola system.

Last edited:

Since we haven't heard any word where the Star Wars hotel is going - any chance that THIS is the Star Wars hotel? I would've thought that would be right next to SW:GE, but this is pretty darn close. They could easily run a "shuttle" from the hotel to the park. Admittedly the fact it's a "tower" probably lowers this likelyhood, they won't need "views" in the SW resort.

DHS - new hotel.png

I'm a tad surprised that this in going in while they are also adding Riviera Resort... but perhaps demand is there and there is some segmentation (DVC vs. more normal hotel experience -- right, @amberpi?? :) )

I figure I'm not a special unicorn in wanting a normal hotel experience:) I'm just excited to hear when the new restaurants will be announced! Ya'll know I love to eat and drink!

ETA: Maybe they'll even use another crazy huge icon just to make the Swolphin haters crazy. Maybe it'll be a flamingo (my spirit animal), or a wolverine, or something insane.

Since we haven't heard any word where the Star Wars hotel is going - any chance that THIS is the Star Wars hotel? I would've thought that would be right next to SW:GE, but this is pretty darn close. They could easily run a "shuttle" from the hotel to the park. Admittedly the fact it's a "tower" probably lowers this likelyhood, they won't need "views" in the SW resort.

View attachment 277890
It is expected that this is part of the Swolphin complex not the SW hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter